D.U.I.

This is going to be a great Halloween for all of us this year... However .. Dont be the one that gets popped for "DUI" while riding or driving ANYTHING out there.

There are usually a couple of people every year that get arrested for this.

This year you will see a lot more Law Enforcement cracking down on DUI's :drunk2: and Speeding close to camps. :banghead:

Just giving a heads up.. There are going to be a lot more Law Enforcement out this year. You may want to think twice before you head out after drinking a lil to much. If someone has an accident and has just a little of alcohol or drugs in their system they are in a world of trouble, even if they are at fault or not!! Dont take that chance!!

Edited by Dune Family

This is going to be a great Halloween for all of us this year... However .. Dont be the one that gets popped for "DUI" while riding or driving ANYTHING out there.

This year you will see a lot more Law Enforcement cracking down on DUI's :drunk2: and Speeding close to camps. :banghead:

Just giving a heads up.. There are going to be a lot more Law Enforcement out this year. You may want to think twice before you head out after drinking a lil to much. If someone has an accident and has just a little of alcohol or drugs in their system they are in a world of trouble, even if they are at fault or not!! Dont take that chance!!

This is good info. And for all the CDL holders, remember the rules are different for you also. What is Californias limit, .08? So it would be .04 for people with CDL's regardless what your driving. Be safe out there.

it was an empty beer can inside the truck, that was left from the night before and I was ticketed for it......I wrote to the court explaining the situation and they drop the charges it is a long story.......I learned not to leave any empty beer cans in the truck leave and learn.

it was an empty beer can inside the truck, that was left from the night before and I was ticketed for it......I wrote to the court explaining the situation and they drop the charges it is a long story.......I learned not to leave any empty beer cans in the truck leave and learn.

you would think maybe it would be ok in the back of the truck glad you got out of it...what a hassle for some trash.

I hope they don't ticket people that pick up empties that as$#@$es leave around. sometimes if i come across some, i'll throw them in my car or golf cart to throw away later...and some times they look fresh so could have been newly emptied. I hope this doesn't encourage littering so they won't get caught with the empties. :banghead:

If I got a ticket for someones trash....I don't think I would ever pick up another beer bottle or can. :dayum:

sorry>>> :banghead:

Edited by dune_rat

This year you will see a lot more Law Enforcement cracking down on DUI's :drunk2: and Speeding close to camps. :dunno:

i hope they get all the drunks out there thanks for the heads up

This is good info. And for all the CDL holders, remember the rules are different for you also. What is Californias limit, .08? So it would be .04 for people with CDL's regardless what your driving. Be safe out there.

CDL holders are limited to .04, or half a beer or cocktail. Get popped with that and you lose your license for a year and your job. I dont even drink A beer and drive anymore. Taxi anytime I want to drink.

Ya gotta look at it one step closer.

If ya work for a car dealer you will become un-insurable for 10 years,, and that means un-employable.

If your work requires transportation, you will be un-insurable for 10 years.

That means un-employable.

I know talented diesel mechanics that can NOT work because of their DUI from years ago.

Save the boozing for when your are done riding.

It's a blast buzzing across the dunes with a buzz on,, but it ain't worth the consequences if you get pop'd.

Edited by Free Agent

If ya work for a car dealer you will become un-insurable for 10 years,, and that means un-employable.

Not entirely true, I got popped for a DUI 5 years ago and worked for a dealer in the sales dept for 10+ years. If your good and make them money theres a way around everything :)

Edited by britincali

Not entirely true, I got popped for a DUI 5 years ago and worked for a dealer in the sales dept for 10+ years. If your good and make them money theres a way around everything :)

Understand it's all change last year.

But I'm just going on friends tales.

Be very careful. Last year after the normal Sat. 2:00pm get together at the South Pole, a bunch of us took a dune ride together. We stopped for a break, I got out of my rail, popped a beer, walked up to someone on a Raptor and introducted myself. He asked me what I was doing with an open container. I looked at his clothes and guess what, he was the law. Luckily he was pretty cool but warned me that they are getting tougher out there. So now they have buggies and quads - you need to watch out. I now just leave my beer at camp and save the drinking for later. Much safer that way.

dude why are you worrie? all you do is have one or two mikes lemmonade all weekend :dope::dope::lol: is all good you will be my DD :headbang1:

now i can't even drink one :beerpint: ...dammm we got to let pancho know they are going to be cracking hard :ban-split: ,that means hes not going to want to go to dumont anymore....if he can't drink he can't go.....

now i can't even drink one :beerpint: ...dammm we got to let pancho know they are going to be cracking hard :ban-split: ,that means hes not going to want to go to dumont anymore....if he can't drink he can't go.....

I have no problem with this just leave for when we get around the camp fire :headbang1: