D-13 trailer seisure

LVBob

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little over a year ago the rules were changed to cover Glamis and Dumont, thus making the rules the same for both areas changed the burning of wood with nails(glamis) and the dumping of grey water(dumont) along with a coupe of other rules that were different are now the same. Therefore the dumping of grey water which is full of bacteria from the tank illegal at Dumont. It has always been illegal at Glamis.

HMMMM, okay, coming from Terry I'll take it as law. But where might one find specifics on said matter? Ten people have ten different definitions and reasons but nobody can point a curious soul in the right direction. Is it hearsay/discussions at TRT meetings or can it be found printed/posted somewhere?

Promise this is the last time I will ask!

So I'm guessing that stopping to pee while out in the dunes is a no-no? :MBdance:

HMMMM, okay, coming from Terry I'll take it as law. But where might one find specifics on said matter? Ten people have ten different definitions and reasons but nobody can point a curious soul in the right direction. Is it hearsay/discussions at TRT meetings or can it be found printed/posted somewhere?

So I'm guessing that stopping to pee while out in the dunes is a no-no? :MBdance:

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/barstow/dumont.html

:ahhhhh: Not that I do, but after reading this thread, and not doubting Terry and Pete's knowledge of the areas rules, but if you look at the web-site that Terry provided, and type in Grey Water in the search field you'll find that the BLM differs in their definition about what is considered Waste of Black Tanks and Grey Water, Dishes, ect. 99% of what they consider ok to dump is grey as long as its strained and does not come in contact with existing standing water. In more than 10 of there descriptions, they are saying that it's OK to dump grey.......they dont say it specifically for Dumont, but given the overall definitions on their web-site, it sure looks like grey is handled or called out differently.... here's what they are saying;

Camping: There is no camping within 200 yards of any wildlife watering improvement. Although no reservations are required, there is a 14-day camping limit within any three-month period. Park within 15 feet (roughly one vehicle length) of any roadway when camping or leaving a vehicle unattended to minimize habitat and vegetation impacts. Utilize good camping ethics, keep all refuse contained in dumpsters or receptacles provided, or pack out your garbage bags when you leave. Remember your shovel for both sanitation and fire prevention purposes. There is no dumping of sewer or petroleum products. Dumping of grey water from RV's is allowed, as long as you don't contaminate any standing water.

It may be for specific camps or areas - dont know, but it does add some question around Vic's statement as to what are the actual written rules or definitions for "Grey"......

SP2 Mike :MBdance:

What is the actual law code for Dumping sewage/gray water??

example...Glass Containers is 43 CFR 8361.1-6, so what is the Code of Federal Regulation, or what ever statute it's violating, for "Draining of sewage tanks, littering, or dumping of trash is prohibited"??

If you get a citation for draining your gray tank what is the crime that is listed and what is the statute #?

So I'm guessing that stopping to pee while out in the dunes is a no-no? :lol:

oh so Terry says and posts the same thing as me and HIS post means more because he's "Terry"? :bowdown::ban-split::laughing: JACKASS! :laughoff: <-- there's my damn smiley, Vic! :flipoff: and another one. And :assblast: And.... :slap: too :thumb:

I'm sure there is a code or statute # for dmping sewage. If they have it as a rule right on the BLM website, there must be one in order to enforce it.

:laughing: Not that I do, but after reading this thread, and not doubting Terry and Pete's knowledge of the areas rules, but if you look at the web-site that Terry provided, and type in Grey Water in the search field you'll find that the BLM differs in their definition about what is considered Waste of Black Tanks and Grey Water, Dishes, ect. 99% of what they consider ok to dump is grey as long as its strained and does not come in contact with existing standing water. In more than 10 of there descriptions, they are saying that it's OK to dump grey.......they dont say it specifically for Dumont, but given the overall definitions on their web-site, it sure looks like grey is handled or called out differently.... here's what they are saying;

Camping: There is no camping within 200 yards of any wildlife watering improvement. Although no reservations are required, there is a 14-day camping limit within any three-month period. Park within 15 feet (roughly one vehicle length) of any roadway when camping or leaving a vehicle unattended to minimize habitat and vegetation impacts. Utilize good camping ethics, keep all refuse contained in dumpsters or receptacles provided, or pack out your garbage bags when you leave. Remember your shovel for both sanitation and fire prevention purposes. There is no dumping of sewer or petroleum products. Dumping of grey water from RV's is allowed, as long as you don't contaminate any standing water.

It may be for specific camps or areas - dont know, but it does add some question around Vic's statement as to what are the actual written rules or definitions for "Grey"......

SP2 Mike :ban-split:

^^^^^thats what doesnt make sense!!

oh so Terry says and posts the same thing as me and HIS post means more because he's "Terry"? :slap::ban-split::laughing: JACKASS! :laughoff: <-- there's my damn smiley, Vic! :lol: and another one. And :flipoff: And.... :slap: too :thumb:

:assblast::bowdown::lol:

I wasn't disputing what you had said, Terry just holds a position that he should know these things and when he chimed in I took his word. BUT, he linked the same site that you did and it doesn't clear up the question. I states sewage, and that's not we're talking about. As you can tell from later post I'm not the only wanting to know the real answer. :coffee:

This thread somehow went from a trailer getting seized...to grey water. :bowdown::ban-split:

:laughing::thumb::slap:

I wasn't disputing what you had said, Terry just holds a position that he should know these things and when he chimed in I took his word. BUT, he linked the same site that you did and it doesn't clear up the question. I states sewage, and that's not we're talking about. As you can tell from later post I'm not the only wanting to know the real answer. :laughoff:

Grey water IS sewage, plain and simple.

Would you drink you grey water? :assblast::flipoff:

Not true. If you researched it as I have since this all came up California almost encourages folks to use grey water for their gardens and irrigation for landscaping and whatnot. I posted exerpts from Wikipedia where it clearly states that grey water is not sewage. Hence alot of folks on heres question as to who, what, where, when, and why BLM or CA differentiates between the two.

Still noone has come up with an ordinance, only speculation....

Not true. If you researched it as I have since this all came up California almost encourages folks to use grey water for their gardens and irrigation for landscaping and whatnot. I posted exerpts from Wikipedia where it clearly states that grey water is not sewage. Hence alot of folks on heres question as to who, what, where, when, and why BLM or CA differentiates between the two.

Still noone has come up with an ordinance, only speculation....

Just pack it in, pack it out, and shut the eff up. Let's dune. :ban-split:

Then use some smileys fugger! :laughoff::P:bowdown::assblast::laughing::flipoff:

I'm sticking with Mother G until some once in a hundred year wind storm hits The D. The couple of times I've been this year were hella torn up and rutted, atleast at G you can find tons of virgin sand, during a big weekend, not a month after. You've been, you know what I mean. :ban-split:

:thumb:

:ahhhhh:

BTW, We also saw CHP in T shirts and jeans,(CHP on the t-shirt and badges around teh neck), according to Mrs Cravits.

'There was 2 undercover .. running around out there.... I seen 1 in a black or dark blue crown vic..

him and a sheriff turned on to the tecopa rd at the turn off to the gun range at almost blue diamond rd.. they headed back towards tecopa...

Capt

my :flipoff: from experience with this sort of matter..

nearly all laws are written sketchy like that. look at the people fighting over the constitution TO THIS DAY. local/state laws are no different. they arent written in black and white, neither are they enforced in black and white. they are all 'gray' areas (no pun intended).. it all has to do with (the obvious) not doing anything blatantly stupid, (and less obvious) what their supervisors told them (ie: write as many tickets as possible; look for this sort of thing going on; enforce this strictly; ect), the respect you give to the officers stopping you, and their mood on that particular day. if THEY feel like being pricks, youre getting hasseled. plain and simple. if you treat them like trash or have a bad attitude on the matter, youre getting hasseled. if they are told to be strict on something and youre violating, youre getting hassled.

its sad to me to see, from another poster on this thread, post that even the cops dont know what constitutes 'gray water' and if its legal to dump or not. its reasons like this that i go out of my way to avoid the cops, and if there's any question on a rule/law... i will act overly according to the law. its not worth tickets to me anymore to hope and/or think im following every single law in existance, but rather sacrifice to be overly cautious. so in this case, its probably a good idea to just take your dump water the 35 miles to baker and dump there

an example of this would be; ive had a similar problem with buring paper plates and napkins in my camp fire and being told by some rangers that it WAS legal, and other rangers that stopped by my camp that it WAS NOT legal. from there on out, absolutely no burning of ANYTHING but firewood. paper products included.

good luck to everyone with this 'rule'

an example of this would be; ive had a similar problem with buring paper plates and napkins in my camp fire and being told by some rangers that it WAS legal, and other rangers that stopped by my camp that it WAS NOT legal. from there on out, absolutely no burning of ANYTHING but firewood. paper products included.

good luck to everyone with this 'rule'

How do u start your fires?

Capt