D-13 trailer seisure

LVBob

On Saturday, Over by D-13, North West of bathroom 3, the BLM and Sheriffs were by this one group all day. There were several RVs with trailers pulled up in between a couple of circle camps.

We couldn't figure out what was going on. No body was being arrested, but they kept interveiwing people.

Long stoy short, when night fell, three tow trucks came in and towed the trailers away and a Jeep.

Anybody know what's up?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were driving around camps running license plates and looking for stolen toys.haulers and anything else suspicious.. I watch BLM drive around our camp on fri am looking for trailers dumping gray or black water

I am guessing it was stolen property

Capt

Do not know if its true but I heard at work today it was a drug bust and siezure.

The guy at my work,his buddy was the camp next to it and found out what happened.

I do not know if this is true but sounds like it.

That's what I head too, from a very reliable source!

well iknow for a fact they were searching trailers with anything wrong so they could run the vin numbers. i lost my license plate and they swooped me. i told them by all means check away i hope you catch the theiven bastards!!!! mine i bought new from the factory so no biggy but im glad there doing it :beercheers:

They were driving around camps running license plates and looking for stolen toys.haulers and anything else suspicious.. I watch BLM drive around our camp on fri am looking for trailers dumping gray or black water

I am guessing it was stolen property

Capt

I'm glad they do that too but they sure miss alot. We were camped next to one guy with no plates, another with expired plates and I watched 3 people dump their gray.

I even saw one guy with gray just dumped and BLM drove close by him and didn't stop.

I've told people it's a $3500 fine, but they don't seem to care.

I'm glad they do that too but they sure miss alot. We were camped next to one guy with no plates, another with expired plates and I watched 3 people dump their gray.

I even saw one guy with gray just dumped and BLM drove close by him and didn't stop.

I've told people it's a $3500 fine, but they don't seem to care.

im not sure but i thought it was ok to drip your grey water

Can someone post up the ordinance/law regarding grey water? Is it just a Dumont thing? Never had a problem at Dumont, Glamis, or Little Sahara, but if it's in black and white somewhere then I won't drip anymore. And I've never tried to hide it, always been there for anyone to see.

One of the other threads sounds like you can't even drip fresh water tanks while going down the hiway???

Can someone post up the ordinance/law regarding grey water? Is it just a Dumont thing? Never had a problem at Dumont, Glamis, or Little Sahara, but if it's in black and white somewhere then I won't drip anymore. And I've never tried to hide it, always been there for anyone to see.

One of the other threads sounds like you can't even drip fresh water tanks while going down the hiway???

"Draining of sewage tanks, littering, or dumping of trash is prohibited."

...right off the BLM website. http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/barstow/dumont.html

It's illegal. Grey water or black, they are both sewage and illegal to dump or even drip.

...right off the BLM website. http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/barstow/dumont.html

It's illegal. Grey water or black, they are both sewage and illegal to dump or even drip.

Before you know it they will be enforcing this one.....

All OHVs must have a mast and RED or ORANGE flag for visibility in the dunes. :MBdance: :ahhhhh:

Edited by Big Dave

what if I just take my grey tank out......then I wouldnt be draining from a sewage tank since I wouldnt have one.

What if i just dump water on the ground from the water tank or from an ice chest? Is that a nono? I almost always emprty my fresh water tank, just so I dont have to haul the extra weight. Better for the enviroment if I get better mpg you know.

Okay, but still, where does it specify that kitchen sink water or vanity sink water is "sewage"? If that's the case then anyone that is tenting it is dumping "sewage" everytime they brush their teeth and whatnot. Is there anything that specifically states that grey water is considered sewage by the state of CA or the BLM???

Back in the good old days before the hauler I still washed dishes, pots and pans, my hands, and brushed my teeth. Was I dumping "sewage" everytime I emptied my bucket? They could probably ticket 2/3rds of all duners if that's the case.

Just curious, as I'm guessing others may be as well.

Fresh water can be dumped, it has no ill effects on the earth. Anything other than freah water would be considered waste (sewage) and needs to be treated before being released into the ocean or where it would go from that point.

Damn! Sorry bro, I didn't mean to piss in your Wheaties! Guess I'll just stick with Glamis....

Guess we're no the only ones with this question...

Too bad that the Ranger that responded did so from Texas.

:thumb: You must have read my post in a different tone than I meant.

You guess you'll just stick with Glamis? ok. Dune wherever you'd like. :ahhhhh: :MBdance:

Fresh water can be dumped, it has no ill effects on the earth. Anything other than freah water would be considered waste (sewage) and needs to be treated before being released into the ocean or where it would go from that point.

"Greywater gets its name from its cloudy appearance and from its status as being neither fresh (white water from groundwater or potable water), nor polluted (sewage)."

"Greywater is wastewater generated from domestic activities such as laundry, dishwashing, and bathing which can be recycled on-site for uses such as landscape irrigation, and constructed wetlands."

"Greywater comprises 50-80% of residential wastewater generated from all of the house's sanitation equipment (excepting toilets). Water from the toilets is designated sewage or blackwater to indicate it contains human waste."

And the list of definitions of grey water from Wikipedia goes on and on... Not saying that they are the bible on the subject, just trying to get in black and white where BLM or CA states that grey cannot be dumped. So far this all seems to be one person or anothers interpretation.

Looks like I'm going to have to hit up the free clinic and stop my drip! :MBdance:

:usa: You must have read my post in a different tone than I meant.

Then use some smileys fugger! :thumb::P:usa::usa: :ahhhhh: :usa:

I'm sticking with Mother G until some once in a hundred year wind storm hits The D. The couple of times I've been this year were hella torn up and rutted, atleast at G you can find tons of virgin sand, during a big weekend, not a month after. You've been, you know what I mean. :MBdance:

u know what is really funny in the true nature if you rigged your shower to NOT go in to the grey tank it would be completely legal, but once it goes into the grey tank, it can and will start to grow bacteria so its a NO NO....

if you think I am wrong dont dump your grey tank for awhile and then dump that bad boy it smells dang near as bad as the black!!!

im not sure but i thought it was ok to drip your grey water

On Saturday, one of the haulers in the camp next to ours decided to dump their grey tank, and after confronting them I got P'oD enough to go find a Ranger, but found a San Bernadino Sheriff's Officer in the rail they ride around in and asked about dumping your grey water. The officer said it was ok to dump fresh & grey, just not your black tank. Had no idea that was ok. :MBdance:

Edited by Dune Cruzer