American flag shutdown? WTF?

FireKracker

OK, I don't get on here and gripe about much, but.... In Morgan Hills California, 3 kids were sent home from school with unexcused absences because they refused to turn their shirts that bore American flags :freakin_nuts: inside-out on Cinco de Mayo..... School principal (who is Hispanic) said that it was disrespectful and disruptive for them to wear their patriotic American colors on a Mexican holiday. I mean no disrespect to the Hispanic community, I strongly believe that we ALL have the right to display our heritage pride....

I read about that. Un-f*cking-believable!!!! :freakin_nuts:

Good for those kids showing their pride. :laughoff:

I wanna know who it was that they were being disrespectful to??? Everyone in school that day was an American right? :laughing:

So would the same kids be sent home if they wear mexican flags on their shirts on a regular day?

It seems this country us no longer going to be called America. I can not believe we keep letting this sh*t slide. The new Arizona law has millions of illegals marching in protest without fear. Us Americans just kick back complain and do nothing about it. I wonder if we will ever get our country back. George Washington must be turning in his grave.

:thumb: Be ready it is coming :usa:

I'm not sure how a hespanic can dictate when anyone can show their USA colors.

totally unfitting from a school official.

Let's see here:

No Pledge, No prayer, No religious symbols, No American Flags.

What the hell is next? No WASP students either.

If I never thought the liberal, tree hugging, bigger Govt.,fewer rights politicians couldn't get to this point. I change my mind!!!!!!

It isn't just coming it is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughoff::cry: :freakin_nuts: :laughing:

:usa::usa::usa:

Edited by SANDAWG

Off topic...........but. Let me see if I got this right....

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY,YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET:

1 - A JOB,

2 - A DRIVERS LICENSE,

3 - A SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,

4 - WELFARE,

5 - FOOD STAMPS,

6 - CREDIT CARDS

7 - SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,

8 - FREE EDUCATION,

9 - FREE HEALTH CARE,

10 - A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON,

11 - BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE,

12 - AND THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY'S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION...

Local talk jocks, Jon and Ken, are planning on giving that guy crap until he gets fired :freakin_nuts: :usa:

I believe I heard it was the vice principal; and only when there was an uproar, the school administration threw him under the bus saying they didn't agree with his actions. This easily can turn into a hot button issue, because anyone who confronts this issue head on, is deamed a racist :usa:

All I can say is, good for those kids who grew a pair, and did something to show some respect for this great country :usa::thumb::usa:

and as for those kids who felt offended because american flags were displayed...in America...don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya :laughing::laughoff:

Local talk jocks, Jon and Ken, are planning on giving that guy crap until he gets fired :freakin_nuts: :usa:

I believe I heard it was the vice principal; and only when there was an uproar, the school administration threw him under the bus saying they didn't agree with his actions. This easily can turn into a hot button issue, because anyone who confronts this issue head on, is deamed a racist :usa:

All I can say is, good for those kids who grew a pair, and did something to show some respect for this great country :usa::thumb::usa:

and as for those kids who felt offended because american flags were displayed...in America...don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya :laughing::laughoff:

what makes me mad is when people fly the mexican flag at the dunes, and act like idiots....fly the us flag and act like a responsible adult, not like a wanabe gangsta......

OK, I don't get on here and gripe about much, but.... In Morgan Hills California, 3 kids were sent home from school with unexcused absences because they refused to turn their shirts that bore American flags :freakin_nuts: inside-out on Cinco de Mayo..... School principal (who is Hispanic) said that it was disrespectful and disruptive for them to wear their patriotic American colors on a Mexican holiday. I mean no disrespect to the Hispanic community, I strongly believe that we ALL have the right to display our heritage pride....

this is total horse chit, this is not mexico so cinco de mayo is not a holiday in america if some body wants to wear the american flag in american soil it should be no problem regardless of who's holiday is it .

I hope the principal gets can for his actions

I can't believe WTF I am reading. I am proud to be an american. I don't expect everyone else to feel the way I do about this country, but I will be dam, if someone gives me greif for showing my pride for this country. :freakin_nuts: :laughing::laughoff::thumb::usa:

I think the vice principal acted wrong, in Mexico you can not use the flag of mexico on clothes or anything else other than flag, is not allowed.

here in the USA is free to use it on whatever you want (of course with respect) thas why USA is a great country, so many things and many more .....

I am proud of being Mexicano and I love and respect this country that has given me the opportunity to have many things in life, nothing free, and worked hard for it ...

MEXICO is also America, I know you know ..

:freakin_nuts:

Edited by elpato

As a retired USAF Veteran, I'm doing what I can to bring FEDERAL charges against this hispanic, non respecting this country, vice principal. I don't give a damn where ya come from, be proud as a matter of fact, but if you live, work, pay taxes here in the US, you're a U.S. LEGAL citizen.

What that vice principal did, in fact, was against the US constitution. If you don't know, and most US citizens don't know, google "US Flag Etiquitte,

( http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=...D8xq5Xc2nbb5F7w ).

ElPato, you are dead wrong in your way of thinking about the US flag. It is not aloowed to wear on any garment of clothing. I would suggest that you read that link that I posted, it would be good information for all legal citizens of the United States of America. Try reading the US Constitution, and the Bill of Rights while you're at it. Every citizen should read those documents.

I'm going to do all I can to get that VP fired and removed from any school district in my country.

I wrote a check 35 years ago, to the US Air Force, for the amount of up to, and including, my life. They didn't cash that check, but held on to it for my entire career, when it was returned.

If you think this is funny, you've never had to live in a country that would not allow you to fly your on countries flag, I have. If you think I don't take this kinda stuff serious, I do. Very serious, and very serious about my flag, don't disrespect it. I fought for that flag and the meaning of what that flag stands for. If it doesn't mean the same to you, there are flights out of this country EVERY DAY, get on one today!

I'm a retired, disabled, well decorated American Veteran that still loves and respects his country. You should too, at least around me!!!

:freakin_nuts: :laughing:

As a retired USAF Veteran, I'm doing what I can to bring FEDERAL charges against this hispanic, non respecting this country, vice principal. I don't give a damn where ya come from, be proud as a matter of fact, but if you live, work, pay taxes here in the US, you're a U.S. LEGAL citizen.

What that vice principal did, in fact, was against the US constitution. If you don't know, and most US citizens don't know, google "US Flag Etiquitte,

( http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=...D8xq5Xc2nbb5F7w ).

ElPato, you are dead wrong in your way of thinking about the US flag. It is not aloowed to wear on any garment of clothing. I would suggest that you read that link that I posted, it would be good information for all legal citizens of the United States of America. Try reading the US Constitution, and the Bill of Rights while you're at it. Every citizen should read those documents.

I'm going to do all I can to get that VP fired and removed from any school district in my country.

I wrote a check 35 years ago, to the US Air Force, for the amount of up to, and including, my life. They didn't cash that check, but held on to it for my entire career, when it was returned.

If you think this is funny, you've never had to live in a country that would not allow you to fly your on countries flag, I have. If you think I don't take this kinda stuff serious, I do. Very serious, and very serious about my flag, don't disrespect it. I fought for that flag and the meaning of what that flag stands for. If it doesn't mean the same to you, there are flights out of this country EVERY DAY, get on one today!

I'm a retired, disabled, well decorated American Veteran that still loves and respects his country. You should too, at least around me!!!

:freakin_nuts: :laughing:

Let us know how we can help! Right on!

Thanks Runnin!!!!

I just don't play about this kinda stuff. I'm the guy at the games and races that you see getting his a$$ kicked because 3 big ole boys wouldn't remove their hats during the National Anthem. Their hats were off while the music played. I had to self medicate for 2 days after, but by God them hats were off during my song. I'm a pretty big ole boy too, but only one of me. I ain't skeert!!

I'm in a rage about this, and about to come apart at the seams over it. This is our damn country, and it's time we took it back, one A-hole at a time is my mission!!!!!

Edited by BigBlockTank

I got your back BigBlock im just glad i am not the only one who feels this way at were our nation is headed :usa: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!!! :usa:

we all need to stand together and stop looking the other way we are getting walked all over and kicked in the face and then say thank you . all these people come here from all over and want to change this place to the sh*t hole they came from and we are letting them . WE NEED TO STAND TOGETHER and put a stop to it. its not a racist act its are land bought and paid for and it needs to be cleaned :usa:

i wanna go hang out at that school on the fourth of july and make sure mister principal is just as concerned about the kids wearing red white and green as he was about the ones that wore red white and blue. he better have his a$$ on the sidewalk watching the kids come off the busses.

flag situation or not, it is clear discrimination, the clothing ( american flag or not ) was not in anyway offensive, its not like they wearing shirts with foul language, or obscene images. it is a clear abuse of authority! the parents should be at that school board with a handful of the best lawyers they can find demanding his removal, and if they disagree, let the lawyers help them see the light with a nice multi-party discrimination lawsuit against the school district.

:usa:

i wanna go hang out at that school on the fourth of july and make sure mister principal is just as concerned about the kids wearing red white and green as he was about the ones that wore red white and blue. he better have his a$$ on the sidewalk watching the kids come off the busses.

flag situation or not, it is clear discrimination, the clothing ( american flag or not ) was not in anyway offensive, its not like they wearing shirts with foul language, or obscene images. it is a clear abuse of authority! the parents should be at that school board with a handful of the best lawyers they can find demanding his removal, and if they disagree, let the lawyers help them see the light with a nice multi-party discrimination lawsuit against the school district.

:usa:

That's a good idea and I would agree with you except for the small flaw in your plan. School gets out sometime in June unless it's a year round school.

Thanks to all of your for your support on this post.

I'm working on a letter right now. I'm working with the lawyers on Davis-Monthan AFB, right now. I'm doing this to ensure I don't put my butt in a jam I can't get out of. I would suggest that all of you that feel the same as I do write, call, email your elected officials and voice your opion.

What happened at the school is a federal offense, plain and simple. I will say this, the kids should not be wearing a US flag facsimile on any garment of clothing. However, it was not a flag that was sewn onto an outer garmetn, there is a fine line. Hell, I ride a Harley-Davidson, and I have and wear a leather jacket with a flag on the back. And at almost 54 years old, you wanna try to take it off my back?

Knock me down, you'd better keep me down.......and NEVER let me up, never.

Thanks again to all of you, it makes a big a$$ difference that I'm in agreement with alot of folks outside my head. Sometimes I really doubt myself, until I take stock of who I am, and where I came from.

Heart felt,

Tank Thomas

USAF, Ret.