Aug 11th Night Drags recap

dunefreak

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And one more thing, as always Ragdoll MX makes it look so easy that it makes me sick. I have never seen anyone put it on one wheel and stand on the seat at the same time. Need to get a pic of that!!

i know !! that wasnt even fair lol

WHat up to the DDR crew, all the guys from YFZTECH and all the guys who showed and helped. I have to give it to DDR because i showed up late and it was set up real nice. You guys stepped up and made it a great event.

The hill was awsome and the lights were off the hook, looked real professional for sure and there were plenty of fast bikes there.Too bad dan got hurt but thank god he is still alive. It my first time to make it to an event like this and it was great.

I had the black and red YFZ there that ran like a raped ape then took a crap the 4th pass, it was still cool because all the guys were there to talk too and the YFZTECH crew held the hill down.

I just cant thank you guys enough, dunefreak,Crd450,and the whole ddr crew, you guys represent for sure...ANd all the help i needed i dident even have to ask for it, they just took responsability and made it happen. This will deff have to happen again for sure....

Again thanks for supporting this even and making it fun and enjoyable, the mess after wasent too bad either...

because bikes like his are and will always be faster than a 450 with a pipe, rev box, rejet, open air box, straight paddles

I know my bolt on bike was decent close to Aarons bike :headbang:

I know my bolt on bike was decent close to Aarons bike :coocoo:

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades :swimmies: ....Lets not forget im 240lbs..Im representing for all the big boys :headbang: :dolphin:

One thing I was :swimmies: I saw unbelievable amounts of trash out there.

Is there going to be another clean up weekend /day? before the season starts? Is Proactive the way to go? I feel guilty that I did not pick any of it I saw on sunday morning. :headbang: :coocoo: . I will just make sure no matter what when I go out there to at least take the time to fill one trash bag with other peoples trash and haul it home. I have noticed in tecopa where the turn off to the hot springs that there were several dumpsters, so maybe any trash collected and generated possible could be dropped off there so one wouldn't have to haul it all the way back home. I think if we all decided that every time we go there we clean it up a little we may be able to keep it clean(er). One of the first things I learned as a kid was to leave your campsite cleaner than you found it. I know we can't get everyone that goes out there to treat it with respect, but we can make a difference. Ok I am done........for now

One thing I was :think: I saw unbelievable amounts of trash out there.

Is there going to be another clean up weekend /day? before the season starts? Is Proactive the way to go? I feel guilty that I did not pick any of it I saw on sunday morning. :unsure::dunno: . I will just make sure no matter what when I go out there to at least take the time to fill one trash bag with other peoples trash and haul it home. I have noticed in tecopa where the turn off to the hot springs that there were several dumpsters, so maybe any trash collected and generated possible could be dropped off there so one wouldn't have to haul it all the way back home. I think if we all decided that every time we go there we clean it up a little we may be able to keep it clean(er). One of the first things I learned as a kid was to leave your campsite cleaner than you found it. I know we can't get everyone that goes out there to treat it with respect, but we can make a difference. Ok I am done........for now

I thought I saw some closer to Pahrump also. I think they were beige and right next to the road. :think:

Is there going to be another clean up weekend /day? before the season starts? Is Proactive the way to go? I feel guilty that I did not pick any of it I saw on sunday morning. :unsure::dunno: . I will just make sure no matter what when I go out there to at least take the time to fill one trash bag with other peoples trash and haul it home. I have noticed in tecopa where the turn off to the hot springs that there were several dumpsters, so maybe any trash collected and generated possible could be dropped off there so one wouldn't have to haul it all the way back home. I think if we all decided that every time we go there we clean it up a little we may be able to keep it clean(er). One of the first things I learned as a kid was to leave your campsite cleaner than you found it. I know we can't get everyone that goes out there to treat it with respect, but we can make a difference. Ok I am done........for now

I didn't see that much trash, but like you told me Ken, there is alot of trash in certain areas not necessarily in camp area. There is that one spot to the far left of banshee hill (behind the big face hill) that trash just collects. It creates a dust devil effect there and collects. We picked up ALOT of trash there over the cleanup weekend. I try and cleanup any trash I see out there, but it's gonna happen no matter now hard we try to keep it clean. That's why every person needs to pick up whatever they see on the ground AND leave theie camp cleaner than when they got there like you said.

This is my first time on DDR. I definitely met a lot of great guys out at Dumont this weekend. I had an 05 450R that was shooting flame out of the back of it at the beginning of the night runs. Aaron (fast yfz) hooked me up with some tools, parts, and a flashlight to try to fix it (the next day I found the problem to be a missing nut on the head pipe). Thanks for the help Aaron! I look forward to running into some more DDR guys in the future.

when i first pulled up to the hill, the area in which i parked was littered with beer bottles and cans. a couple of them broken. we picked them up and put them in the back of a friends truck bed but i was astonished as it was still daylight.

i got into it with some folks on the planetsand website once because of littering at bwIII. it seems the litterers were so well respected that they weren't at any fault. we gotta speak up at bwIV and impose our will on these people. they're glamis regulars and visit dumont occasionally for events.