Your NASCAR takes:

Ross and Alice

OK,, we both worked, but we would have got off and gone with lots of friends to the race in So Cali this weekend but for good reason, price.

Many of our friends went, but they all claim they won't go back.

Reasons:

Well,, did ya hear the interviews with the drivers and team owners & NASCAR on speed vision and NBC?

What a crock:

"They all claimed it wasn't a full house because of the heat,, because of the long weekend,, because of the high gas",, ya heard every reason but the real reason.

The real reason it wasn't sold out,, and will draw fewer next year:

It was $1.150.00 per RV plus another $100 per person to get in. That one thousand one hundred and fifty dollars for a not so choice spot.

NASCAR has always been a reasonable price spectator sport,, but they've gone too far.

Good to see Toyota enter,, it'll eventually bring on more competition. Would hate to see it be like formula where the same 2 guys win all the time.

Can't help it but love that Chevys are winning, but it'll be interesting seeing the Toyota and Waltrip hook up.

He has to be to loosingest driver in NASCAR.

We are officially priced out of taking the RV.

We'd rather do something than watch others do it at that kind of cost.

Whats your take?:

Edited by Ross and Alice

I myself have never been into NASCAR at all. Maybe if it was way cheaper, I might have taken an interest by now. I just can't see spending a LOT of money to sit around for a few hours to watch some sh*t go around in a circle. If I wanted to do that, I'd just flush the tiolet for a few hours. :laughing:

I've been into Nascar racing for 30 years of my 36 year life. As a matter of fact, I worked on a number of race cars for 14 years '87 - '01 and had a blast. If I go to a track anymore, I go to my local short track and support that. It's a lot more fun to watch in person and a heck of a lot less expensive!!!!!! I've been to California Speedway, Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Phoenix International Raceway, and a few other big tracks, but that was on someone else's dime. It is too expensive to go anymore and I especially would NOT pay in excess of $1,000 for a weekend of camping no matter where it is and that's just to get in the friggen door............ :flipoff::flipoff: Speaking from experience having been there, done that. Go to a big race once, if you like it, go back, but just stay home on the couch with a beer and watch it on TV. But I would suggest if you hav never been to a Nascar race, go to your local short track on a Saturday night and check it out, it can be a lot of fun!!!!!!!................. :laughing::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff:

We like going ourselves. We get a cheap RV spot and PARTY all weekend.

I myself don't care if they go in circles, just go straight, or go in twists and turns. I am a racing purist. My motto has always been: "If it has a throttle, I'm grabbin' a beer and watching!"

Say what you want. If you truly love the spirit of competition with motorsports then you'd watch lawn mower racing if that's all there was. I know I would. :flipoff:

Personally I find drag racing the most boring out of all racing, but I'll still watch it just for the raw HP. :flipoff: At least in NASCAR they bump and bang on each other and they can get away with it!! :flipoff: Plus the crowds are pretty friendly. We keep going back because of the people from across the country that we party with every year. :laughing: ...and we have met a bunch.

I was in the infield at Fontana this weekend. We paid $175 for the trailer spot and $50 a head for pit passes for the weekend. I had a fine time with a three day long party, plenty of nice people, and they had racing around the outside as well!

From what I heard the new owner is raising the rates to try and push out the low end fans and use the area for high end sponsors with big money. There are endless ways to spend big money at a race event but there are still ways to enjoy with out the $.

The real tragedy is the $7.00 beers and the $5.00 hot dogs. I live on the coast and not used to the heat. The 110 degree temp with no breeze in camp is what will keep me away next time.

racing is to damn expensive but like my beer i dont care what it cost i need it. i keep my 4 seats in the earnhardt terrace and my buddy in florida keeps our seats at homestead. its extra special because we get to see each other twice a year this way. if anyone wants cheap racing experiance SNORE is always looking for volunteers to work the races. right there close to the action. :D

a buddy of mine works for coca-cola in management and gets me tickets every year for some of the events.

i usually take the outlaws tickets and the nhra tickets from him but i pass on the cup/busch tickets and the truck tickets. a couple years ago he had 20 tickets to the truck race in the earnhardt terrace, probably no different this year.

if you need tickets i can call him and see what he's got. i can only request tickets from hm about a week before the event and sometimes i don't know if i can get tickets until the day before the event. pm me and ask and i'll see what i can do.

We have had season tickets since the start, have gone to every NASCAR race and a Indy race or two. This is the first race we have missed. We all thought It was just going to be to hot this year to go. Guess'd right from what I hear. They have been slowly rasing the price. Good idea in a way, infield in the start was crazy, now more mellow. Will continue to go Fontana. We are starting our new house in Pahrump in next week or so, looking forward to vegas race now and then.

We have had season tickets since the start, have gone to every NASCAR race and a Indy race or two. This is the first race we have missed. We all thought It was just going to be to hot this year to go. Guess'd right from what I hear. They have been slowly rasing the price. Good idea in a way, infield in the start was crazy, now more mellow. Will continue to go Fontana. We are starting our new house in Pahrump in next week or so, looking forward to vegas race now and then.

I have been going every year also and I don't remember last March being that hot. :laughing: Last weekends Fontana race was hotter than it's ever been for a Vegas race.

You guys need the cheer for me next year I'll be working for Team RedBull #83 NASCAR Nextel Cup and another mystery car... gears and trannys assembled by yours trully...

As Far as Fontucky goes.....I was there for the BGN race Sat working it was warm but not hot... you should go to Kansas in July... Na$car can get away with ripping people off in So Cal because the money is there the household income for the area makes Darlington look like a 3rd world country dosent matter if its a sell out the stands and infeild hold more people and yeild higher prices its a win win situation.As far as TRD and Waltrip they have one driver that could never drive and ones that fallen off the wheel sounds like a good combination too me.

man i tell you it was freezing for the busch race last year and windy. not much fun. sunday was pretty nice though. :D

That's right it was freezing on Sat. The wives didn't even go in......so me and my bro-in-law went in by ourselves.

You guys need the cheer for me next year I'll be working for Team RedBull #83 NASCAR Nextel Cup and another mystery car... gears and trannys assembled by yours trully...

Sorry, but I have to cheer for....Team Budweiser #8 NASCAR Nextel Cup. Good luck though. :beerpint::woo_hoo:

I missed this year's, for some reason, I just wasn't spending the money, I hit Fontana, Phoenix and Vegas, and like the Vegas race by far the best, just the atmosphere of being there, then Phoenix, smaller track and good time, it's about hanging and haveing a good time with the friends you've made over the years....Semper Fi, Woody