Law Enforcement Contact at Dumont

ynot

So for the last few months I have been getting stories about contact between duners and LEO's at Dumont. Some of it was good and some was bad. I have a sub-group meeting next month and I am thinking that since we have a new field manager and a new OHV operations manager I want to being able to talk about what I see as an issue that appears to be forming at Dumont.

Over the last 10 years the Friends of Dumont Dunes have built an excellent relationshiip with the Barstow BLM. Unfortunatly those managers that we built those relations with have moved on or retired. I am starting to see a pattern in the contacts I have been hearing about with the Law Enforcement side of the Barstow LEO's.

I need to know if you have had a good or not so good contact with Law Enforcement at Dumont. I don't care if you were guilty or not and there is nothing I can do if you got a ticket or arrested but I can hopefully do something about the way people are being contacted and treated during their interaction with the law enforcement officers.

What I am asking is an e-mail to me at terryallen@cox.net with a description of what occurred, how you were treated and what sort of enforcement action was taken. Whether you deserved it or not I want to be able to build a case if need be about the stricter actions being taken at Dumont. I do not want to see it turn into the Gestopo type tactics used at Glamis. To do this I need both the good bad and the ugly so I can sit down with the sub-group and have an open conversation with the group and the new field manager and OHV operations manager.

Please take a moment to give me your input so I can help nip this in the bud per say.

I DO NOT want to discuss this on this board as the BLM reads it and I want a fair and impartial look at what's going on out there. So please e-mail me with your response.

Thanks in advance,

Terry

• Like 1

It seems to me the presence has been overwhelming considering the past presence. From what has been posted they are only harassing for the basic requirements. Stickers, Registration, Permits, Bottles, No Fireworks. Hell If my dune toys were stolen this is what I would want done to help locate my STOLEN Toys. I am sure if the shoe was on the other foot they would feel the same way. Now Speaking of Drug sniffing dogs this is overboard and I hope it was a one time thing. Yes finding a few thousand doses of X is a major bust.Just my :2cents: . Good luck with the Sub-Group meeting. :)

Thanks so much for doing this, Terry. Your hard work and dedication to Dumont is very much appreciated. Not many people give you the pat on the back that you deserve for going to these meetings time and time again. I hope all goes well and the new managers of the Barstow office are even half as cool as Roxie and Larry were. We were very luck to have them.

• Like 1

It just seems when they come to check for stickers or what.. they have to be rude and or will not leave without really looking for a reason to write a ticket. If they came in and looked around camp and things were legit then left and had good manors then they would not bother me at all... seems if they show up they look to write a ticket for something

Capt

It seems to me the presence has been overwhelming considering the past presence. From what has been posted they are only harassing for the basic requirements. Stickers, Registration, Permits, Bottles, No Fireworks. Hell If my dune toys were stolen this is what I would want done to help locate my STOLEN Toys. I am sure if the shoe was on the other foot they would feel the same way. Now Speaking of Drug sniffing dogs this is overboard and I hope it was a one time thing. Yes finding a few thousand doses of X is a major bust.Just my :2cents: . Good luck with the Sub-Group meeting. :)

• Like 1

Hey Terry I would agree the biggest issue I think is BLM being very rude when they contact you and even if you show them what they initially stopped you and I'm right and not in the wrong they continue to attempt to find another violation and try to find someway how to ticket you even though I was not ticketed he sure did try very hard and that's wrong for sure civil rights violation also all the years I been going there never ever had I had any issue with BLM until this last New Years not enough people I guess but they showed up at my camp twice to check stickers and passes and I thought it was a joke and during both BLM visits both guys were rude and un professional they are just rude and not friendly

^ That was the longest sentence I have ever read! :laughing:

But yes, I agree. However, it hasn't all of a sudden become that way. That's just how they are on the holiday weekends. Well, most of them that is. Not all are jerks. It's nothing new though. Seems to be a different different group of leo's out there on the holidays. Another reason I don't go anymore.

maybe more pep need to go to the meeting when is it. and if nothing can be done buy bring up the problems then we need to go over there heads and file complaints with the right pep or agency. the leo s are there to serve and protect. every one has to answer to some one and only when enough pep complain. will something be done remember they work for us the people not just the blm.

^ That was the longest sentence I have ever read! :laughing:

Still not a sentence, there is no period, comma, or anything so I'm thinking maybe it's to be continued! At least he capitalizes. Most folks coming out of the education system nowadays just hammer away at the keyboard with no capitalization, punctuation, or any grammar rules at all taken into consideration.

Now Bruce on the other hand uses punctuation but he has a crusty stuck up under his shift key. :nuts:

Back on topic though, I just wish I had the opportunity this season to make it up to D to see what all of the fuss is about. If I had LEOs in my camp rummaging through my stuff at least that means I would be there to ride. See y'all down at Glamis Super Bowl weekend.

I'm sorry I don't care to put commas or periods I didn't know this was a place where all that needed to be done however you sure did understand what I wrote so here's one for you Vic see if you understand go fk yourself you have an issue with me you know what I look like I'm not hiding a-hole make fun of me in my face and see how tough you really are I'm not hiding like you come see a-hole

I'm sorry I don't care to put commas or periods I didn't know this was a place where all that needed to be done however you sure did understand what I wrote so here's one for you Vic see if you understand go fk yourself you have an issue with me you know what I look like I'm not hiding a-hole make fun of me in my face and see how tough you really are I'm not hiding like you come see a-hole

Jeez. We were just giving you crap. You took it too far with the threats.

Jeezus! Calm down Beavis. Looks like some of that Sanchez ran down in to your mouth. I'm sure your mother must be proud of you son.

And yes this is a place where all of that needs to be done, it's called AMERICA. We used to not be lazyignorantazzes but lordy lordy looks like times have changed. Nobody was making fun of you, just pointing out that the "education system" is broken and turning out kids with no real skills to make it in the world. Or maybe it's a lack of home training. We used to take the time and effort to ensure that the rest of the world knew we weren't just another Zimbabwe.

Either way, nobody is hiding anything, everybody on here knows me and I can be found sitting around the campfire by my white truck and white toyhauler enjoying an adult beverage or out in the dunes with my DDR buds and gals. Swing on by for some Crown and Coke. And I whip up some mean azz Green Chili Pork, don't mind sharing with anybody.

Just leave your spider web and tear drop tattoos at home, we are a peaceful easy feeling kind of bunch. And speaking of bunch, undo your panties, it makes you more sociable.

Rock Hard Ride Safe

Ace

• Like 1

I have found in my many years that the mood of a contact by just about any LEO, is set by the person or people that are being contacted.

Another point is that you want to have a situation in Dumont duplicate what happened at Glamis just keep resisting a good LEO pressence. Show them respect and patience and they will respond in a like manner.

In my personal opinion: If we make use of a venue that has the posssibility of injury or death or drugs there is a need for some oversight.

Also, most BLM personnel are not used to patroling crowded areas that allow drinking, driving equipment that may have questionable ownership documentation and the few that have more money than brains and overdrive their equipment plus the other things going on. Like underage operation, underage drinking and possible drugs and the feeling that this is "OUR" space to do as we please with no accountablity. A lot of these rangers come from far away on big weekends and it can be quite a shock to see the goings on with us Duners.

Also San Bernardino Sheriffs are a fill in and put in a day on their normal beat where nearly every call or contact can be life threatening.

I am not Law Enforcement and have never been but have had a relationship with many of them for a lot of years. There are a limited number of "Adam Henrys" in uniform but they are the exception, not the rule.

Think a little differently, react a little differently to a contact and the future will be much brighter for you that are anti Las Enforcementd and feel picked on or treated in an unapropriate manner.

Allow Terry and others to seek info, offer suggestions about enforcement and see what happpens in the future.

Negativity will only bring more negativity.

• Like 1

Awesome I get to go to every white truck and white toy hauler and have grub.........wait is it the white lifted one? the white one with the cool graphics on the trailer? lol......

I always get a kick out of that.......cause Im easy to find. Mine is the red truck, with the really really really really LoooooooooooonG Black trailer. See you know. lol.

The unfortunate topic is the staff right? Just like the united states of america, and the leo being part of that huge machine, its broken. The problem is the mode of thought, so it can not be fixed. Hopefully people like Terry can make changes, I applaud him for even trying, and putting himself in that position. The system is broken, so the things that can change are limited. Will it make our moments at dumont more enjoyable? Hopefully. But the problems will still exist. The difference between the us and I think the example was zimbabwa? or any third world country is huge. Imagine waking up everyday not knowing where your food, water and shelter are gonna be at the end of the day? Do you have time to build a road? To build a sewer system? To build homes with ac /heat and plumbing? When your worried about your next meal? There isn t anyone in a third world country thats being taken care of by thier GOVERNMENT. They all are alive because they want to be and work at it in someway. If you rely on someone in a third world country its family. In the US we have millions upon millions that RELY on the GOVERNMENT for nearly everything and expect MORE.

How is that Government suppose to operate? How do they feed and clothe the poor, how , with out taking more from all the people that do work, that do produce. That is us, we are the producers, thats why we have toys. That is why the leos come after us, we are the cow that provides the milk.

I really don't see how such a easy request for E-MAILED comments about LEO's and their good or bad contacts at Dumont with Dumont users got to be such a mess. I guess it shows that we(duners) are our own worst enemies! I don't want a public display of they did this or they did that, I was looking for something I could carry in my hand and let the sub group and BLM authorities read. I really didn't want them reading it on her(yes they do read posts here) As usual we(duners) can't seem to come together to help ourselves. I wonder why we can't ever come together and show a united front? It's pretty simple folks, I am looking to see if this is a problem or not. So far it would appear that the problem may lie on our side more than there's!

As always I appreciate your support,

Terry

• Like 3

:usa: Terry,

I can olny say that I will be there with you to try and make the situation better. It appears to me that there are some on here that just post the see their opinions on the forum. I am at the point that I feel as you do. They want to post complaints just to start crap. They are not willing to submit information to you bia e-mail that can be used to improve the situation, if there is really a problem??????????

So I think that some of the forum is in a mood to let others take care of their issues.......Yup!......They want to complain and not do anything to help to improve it., Again, I am going to post to try and impress someone or.........Hell... I don'tknow..... Some of the posts make no sence, some just want to spout off and do nothing to improve what they say is a problem! Get serious some DDR folks, if that is what you are...... Do something positve or shut the hell up!! I've seen posts that are pure BS and have noting to do with a serious issue that can be adderesed. Grow up!!! or Shut up. If the administrators feel that I am out of line,,,,,,Let me know and I will shut up or leave the forum. I have had enough of the BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :slap:

I have to agree that many duner's are our own worst enemy... Like complaining about getting a ticket for not having a sticker. everyone knows you are supposed to have a sticker, so guess who's fault it is??

I did manage to read Terry's Original post, and did manage to follow instructions. I hope others did as well.

:usa: Terry,

I can olny say that I will be there with you to try and make the situation better. It appears to me that there are some on here that just post the see their opinions on the forum. I am at the point that I feel as you do. They want to post complaints just to start crap. They are not willing to submit information to you bia e-mail that can be used to improve the situation, if there is really a problem??????????

So I think that some of the forum is in a mood to let others take care of their issues.......Yup!......They want to complain and not do anything to help to improve it., Again, I am going to post to try and impress someone or.........Hell... I don'tknow..... Some of the posts make no sence, some just want to spout off and do nothing to improve what they say is a problem! Get serious some DDR folks, if that is what you are...... Do something positve or shut the hell up!! I've seen posts that are pure BS and have noting to do with a serious issue that can be adderesed. Grow up!!! or Shut up. If the administrators feel that I am out of line,,,,,,Let me know and I will shut up or leave the forum. I have had enough of the BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :slap:

Its hard to feel or get motivated for people with any prior experience. Its easy to say shut up or do something, but the reality is that most people that try to do something often waist there time. Im sure Terry feels like this at times.

The problem is that most people feel (esspecially dealing with anything in california) that your like a ER doc with a band aid.....and the patient that just came in was shot 13 times.......what do you do?

I would like to also go, if nothing else its probably good entertainment.