Lost Doggie

Resident^Blonde

This weekend I went out to armagosa with my husband and his boss from work. Got to finally take the Banshee into the dunes. We brought along our 8 month old pit named reesey (peanut butter cup) and while we left for the 15-20 minnutes that we were gone, my baby chewed her way through our tent and ran off...(I thinks she may of thought we ditched her) She is a very sketchy puppy and is afraid of everything, even smaller dogs... she never left our side. We thought by taking her camping with us it could ween her of that and she wouldnt be such a sissy anymore... Well anyway I followed her paw prints in the dirt and it went for a while until I saw that there were a bunch of quad marks in a circle, and that is when the paw prints stopped. I kept walking to see if I could find anymore prints, but nothing. I went from camp to camp asking for a look out. I had asked this one camp in perticular if they had seen my dog and they replied no. they were very short with me and was awfully rude. then as I kept talking about what she looked like the man intrupted me and again told me no. and i then heard a bark that sounded identical to my dog. I could tell they wanted nothing more to do with me and I left. I had my husband go back and tell them the same thing "our dog is missing..etc" and the woman was just as rude to him too, that was when he also heard the barking... We had this gut feeling but didnt want to point fingers. cuz they could have just as well had another dog inside their motorhome like the one they had outside. He came back and said that was our dog's bark. I didnt want to act like a fool and confront them, but we really didnt have any choice. So after that, We waited a while before figuring out what to do and then saw that they were packing up. we went over there and they went inside. their friends who they camped with were nice and I told them the situation and how another camper saw the dog in this campsite, she didnt know anything about it, I asked her how many dogs they had and she said just one...(how weird since my husband and I both heard another dog barking) but she offered to let me look in their motorhome. so I knocked on the door and the woman who was rude to my husband was being a huge beiotch and told me that I cannot search their motorhome and that we were going to have to take their word on it. All I wanted to do was pop my head in and call my dogs name and they wouldnt let me do that... If It was me and I had nothing to hide then I would have let that person make a fool of themself. But they wouldnt let me do that. I knew that there were chances of them having another dog, but that wasnt the case. We both heard a dog barking inside and their only dog was sitting outside with them. then they wouldnt let me peek inside and call my dogs name.... :thumb: i dunno but that is very suspicious to me. Im totally heartbroken I lost the best dog that I ever had. :beerpint:

Damn, Heather that really sucks. That DOES sound very suspeicious. If it's true that they took your dog, that is way fkn messed up. Who steal's a person's dog? :thumb: Hopefully someone knows someone or something to help you get your pup back. Good luck.

Thats horrible. :beerpint: But if your dog was already scared/uneasy, it was not the best idea to leave it by alone while you went riding. Our dogs go with us every time, but we never leave them alone. Any way I hope you find her. F-in people... :thumb: if they took your dog.

Thanks Everybody, and We did get their trailer lp number and motorhome lp number.... and she wasnt left alone at camp. she was with out other campers, just they were in the motor home for that time being. Everybody feels awful for what happend. I can only think of all of the What If's.. but its would have could have should have. It sux cuz my older pit is just moping around the house cuz his buddy is gone :thumb:

Sorry to hear about your puppy. I can't believe people are pathetic enough to do that. You have a lot more self control than I do. Hopefully something will come out of the info on their license plates.

I HAVE TO AGREE...THE SELF CONTROL IS UNBELIEVEABLE. YOU WOULD HAVE TO PICK ME UP WHEN I GOT OUT OF JAIL. IF I THOUGHT, THAT SOME a-hole HAD MY DOG IN HIS TRAILER AND WOULDNT GIVE HIM UP. ITS ON.... :mc_smiley: I WOULD OF WENT IN THEIR TRAILER NO MATTER WHAT. MY PITBULLS ARE MY KIDS. I WILL FIGHT FOR THEM NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES. I HOPE YOU GET YOUR DOG BACK!!! IM ALSO HERE TO TELL YOU, I WOULD FIGHT AT THE DROP OF A DIME TO GET YOUR DOG BACK FOR YOU GUYS, AND I DONT EVEN KNOW YOU GUYS. ITS THE PRINCIPLE. GOOD LUCK. :headbang1: THOSE a-holes....I HOPE WE FIND NOT ONLY THEM, BUT YOUR DOG AS WELL. :driver:

im with maxdout. think we might need to do a thirsty thursday in their frontyard. find out where they live and we can do a knock and talk or a knock and KNOCK. if thats a little extreme for you. i would call metro and see if thay will go ask questions. they cant hide a puppy forever..

why cant people leave things that arent theirs alone!!!!!!!!!

You need to do a little detective work, first get the peoples address from the plates. Second plan on spending a little time in your car near their house just watching. Sooner or later the dog has to go outside, they might have see thru fencing or gates or they may take the dog for a walk. Then once you have proof then approach Metro etc or even animal control. DO NOT TAKE MATTERS INTO YOUR OWN HANDS. Until you have proof that these people took the dog you have nothing to go with. Truth is you have a 50/50 chance. I hope for your sake and the dogs you get him back but you must also understand that they may not have it. If so I would say another trip or 2 to armagossa would be in order to go looking, checking with locals etc.

Good Luck!