Halloween weekend '17

dunefreak

I heard there is trick or treating on Halloween at the dunes is that accurate? Just want to make sure we bring candy if so! We haven't been to Dumont but are heading out today to check out the land before coming on Halloween. Anything that I should know? Yearly traditions? 

34 minutes ago, Steven Khalilzadegan said:

I heard there is trick or treating on Halloween at the dunes is that accurate? Just want to make sure we bring candy if so! We haven't been to Dumont but are heading out today to check out the land before coming on Halloween. Anything that I should know? Yearly traditions? 

Yep, it's been a tradition for years out there. Saturday night trick or treaters go camp to camp. They usually start around sundown.

Heading out Wednesday through Sunday. GTP Off Road will be set up on Vendor Row. I believe this will be our ONLY vending trip of the season this year. We'll be having a massive blow out sale on most of our vending wears, jersey's, gloves, bags, some accessories, etc... We'll have the usual tires, wheels, axles and such as well. However this may be our last vending trip ever, so we are wanting to move some of the items out of inventory.

This is our FIRST Dunes Camp out,,,Can anyone please tell me a few things,?? PLezz  1) whats the nites like out in the desert,?? do I need a coat ?

2) IS there trick or treating for the young duners ?? 3) Are there facilites for the Tenters ??  4) Are generators allowed without campers?  Thank you 

for the resonse, it is much appreciated, & we look forward to halloween at the dunes....lvgoldengirl58

8 hours ago, lvgoldengirl58 said:

This is our FIRST Dunes Camp out,,,Can anyone please tell me a few things,?? PLezz  1) whats the nites like out in the desert,?? do I need a coat ?

2) IS there trick or treating for the young duners ?? 3) Are there facilites for the Tenters ??  4) Are generators allowed without campers?  Thank you 

for the resonse, it is much appreciated, & we look forward to halloween at the dunes....lvgoldengirl58

1) Usually Halloween is still shorts and t-short weather at night, but it may get cool. Follow the forecast here, http://www.dumontduneriders.com/weather/

2) Yes, Trick or treating is Saturday night starting shortly after sun-down. It usually goes until 9 or so. 

3) There are pit toilets throughout the camp area. No running water. 

4) Yes, generators are allowed whether you have an RV or not. Just be respectful of your neighbors.

Hello! Its my 1st time my family and I are going to Dumont Dunes for the Holloween Event, so im new to this site and event. Ill be heading out friday and returning sunday. 

I rented an RV, is there water people that offer service to fill up on water? 

Dumping service? 

What can i expect from this event? 

We are very very excited, but we also want to be prepared. Thank you in advance 😊 

Edited by Daliavidal92

36 minutes ago, Daliavidal92 said:

Hello! Its my 1st time my family and I are going to Dumont Dunes for the Holloween Event, so im new to this site and event. Ill be heading out friday and returning sunday. 

I rented an RV, is there water people that offer service to fill up on water? 

Dumping service? 

What can i expect from this event? 

We are very very excited, but we also want to be prepared. Thank you in advance 😊 

Hi Dalia, welcome to the site.

There are no services at Dumont. Browse the INFO tab at the top of the site and you will find some helpful info about Dumont. http://www.dumontduneriders.com/services/

The closest water is Baker. I would just fill up at home and find a dump station after you leave. Either Tecopa or Baker has them.

Next, Halloween Weekend isn't really an event per say. It's just a busy holiday weekend where everyone goes out and rides the dunes, camps, etc. Comp Hill gets busy at night. It's worth checking out. People used to race up the hill, but now it's pretty much a party with LED lights and people drinking.

Make sure you read up on the rules out there and keep your head on a swivel. It can get chaotic at times, but it's not that bad.

• Thanks 1

To all the Dumont Duners,

The Boy Scout you supported last year by buying popcorn will be out there again from Thursday - Sunday for Halloween weekend. Mostly $10 a bag. With all your help last year he was able to get to the National Jamboree back in West Virginia. This Boy Scout mom thanks you so much for your continued support.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Myself and Sandrash, Jetjock are leaving vegas to Dumont on Monday, Sandrash should get there early, not sure if jetjock wants to wait for me, I consider it my vacation, so going to make it a day trip to get there, Vegas to Pahrump them stop at the hot-springs for some BBQ and thinking about seeing if the Tecopa Brewery is open then off to Dumont,

we will be about 100 yards past 9