Dumpsters at Dumont?

Dumpsters at Dumont  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see dumpsters at Dumont Dunes? (if paid for by the duners)

• yes
    • no

i dont see 100,000.00 $ i dont want to see the dunes closed cause of trash bags on the side of the road.

i have a box trailer and a motorhome i pack out . and no risk of litter but i would rather pay a little more for trash so the gumps of this world dont get it closed, billboards pamphlets education they will easily crank that into 100,000.00 easily. which raises the question of ok its not a state park where do the funds get spent blm parties ??? id like to see a fiscal budget on what they take in. or at least have a voice where my money is going, so far they cant even maintain the dirt road. have they done an estimate as to how many rvs frequent dumont on a yearly where do they report the revenues ???

and by rough estimation to clean the toilets pay the blm to stand around along with sanbernardino sherrifs who get paid all overtime to be there. they should have had enough to pave the dirt road and throw our govenor a party and even invite nevadas govenor

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont necissarly need billboards but the FoDD Trifolds that are being passed out by western maintenance is a start and are pretty affordable. Websites such as DDR, FoDD, Barstow BLM are just a few that people can seek online information and see things of this nature, People being informed about their 5th wheels and the amount of wind that gets thrashed thru there bed sending their garbage sailing is another good idea.. Dont get me wrong dumpsters would be nice but for what they are worth $$$ wise i would rather see that $$$ put towards something more constructive.

i dont see 100,000.00 $ i dont want to see the dunes closed cause of trash bags on the side of the road.

i have a box trailer and a motorhome i pack out . and no risk of litter but i would rather pay a little more for trash so the gumps of this world dont get it closed, billboards pamphlets education they will easily crank that into 100,000.00 easily. which raises the question of ok its not a state park where do the funds get spent blm parties ??? id like to see a fiscal budget on what they take in. or at least have a voice where my money is going, so far they cant even maintain the dirt road. have they done an estimate as to how many rvs frequent dumont on a yearly where do they report the revenues ???

and by rough estimation to clean the toilets pay the blm to stand around along with sanbernardino sherrifs who get paid all overtime to be there. they should have had enough to pave the dirt road and throw our govenor a party and even invite nevadas govenor

amen ,,paved road!!! :icon_twisted:

The dirt road is maintained by the camp hosts when they are out there each winter. The crappers are maintained again by the camp hosts who are out there slaving away to keep your public sh*tters clean and they do a damn nice job if you ask me... I would rather see a little bit more go to the camp hosts for all their hard work.

amen ,,paved road!!! :icon_twisted:

Understand that in the middle of nowhere the rough estimate of paving 5 miles of road is $1,000,000 per mile! I don't think we want to go there. In looking at all the numbers you have to remembewr that this area is 30 miles from Barstow which is barely a bump in hte road itself. You have to house,transport men and materials ands provide shelter, do a envrio study etc. Do you really want a paved road?

Edited by ynot

Like Vicki mentioned earlier,dumpsters give the eco-terrorist anti-access people yet another reasons to push for closure. If we start pushing Dumont in the same way Glamis is going we will most definitely end up with the problems Glamis has and dumpsters are a problem. We are already seeing more and more people at Dumont that don't even begin to have a clue about common courtesy and existing rules. :icon_twisted:

WE DON'T NEED MORE PROBLEMS AT DUMONT AND DUMPSTERS CAUSE PROBLEMS!

04toy has the right idea. Have the pay as you use option available to those who want to use it.

Just my 2 cents.

The pay as you use sounds like a good idea but any kind of dumpsters will cause serious problems.

Edited by Don29palms

If the road is paved it'll draw more and more "tourist" type people, and that is not a good thing. These are the people who do not, as a generality, care about how they leave their campsite. Perhaps dust control and more than just an annual regrading of the road leading into the camp ground? But this is taking away from the issue at hand - No Dumpsters At Dumont!!!

Tell you guys what...I take all the trash on big weekends and only charge $25 a person or load. :driver:

That will end up being cheaper than $100,000 unless I take more than 4000 peeps trash home. :icon_twisted:

How about you take 4000 peeps and I'll take the next 4000 peeps, I know a few others who will more than join in and we can then use 50% of the profit to get a garbage truck to compact and transport the trash the next busy weekend! LOL :laughoff:

The Camp Hosts usually take care of the road as well. And from the previous posts about what happend at the last TRT dust control measures are already in place as a water truck has been donated under the rules that it must stay busy!

no dumpsters thats just lazy if you have room to haul a toy out there you have room to haul a bag or 2 of your own filth home with you......

maybe have garbage bags avalible that have a message printed on them like

"pack it out! im doing my part!"

i would pay a extra $5 $10 a year to have something like that

and a mighty thank you to the hosts.... who i would also like to see get a little more $$ or help...................

What group has come forward with this idea of getting dumpsters? The BLM? TRT?

So far it seems the concensus is NO DUMPSTERS.

What problem are they trying to fix? Trash? I really don't see trash as that much of a problem. Even as much trash as I sometimes see left behind- I think it always gets picked up by duners.

Oh and the other topic at hand that was brought up (paved road)- HELL NO! :driver: Haven't you guys ever heard the saying?....."Good roads bring bad people...bad roads bring good" :mischevious: It's true! :D

What problem are they trying to fix? Trash? I really don't see trash as that much of a problem. Even as much trash as I sometimes see left behind- I think it always gets picked up by duners.

Oh and the other topic at hand that was brought up (paved road)- HELL NO! :driver: Haven't you guys ever heard the saying?....."Good roads bring bad people...bad roads bring good" :mischevious: It's true! :D

Dumpsters wouldnt serve their purpose anyways because they are just going to be filled with garbage from people who take their garbage home and throw it away...the people who leave their trash everywhere are still going to do it regardless if there are dumpsters or not...i just want the road paved so my stuff doesnt get dirty :idea: :argue:

amen pete :idea:

As far as I am concerned, an A-10 Warthog could obliterate the road. If it deters some people from going there, all the better. If people can bring all their staples in with them, they should be able to pack out their trash. It really is not that hard. Also this issue of trash bags "blowing " out peoples rigs, I don't get. I find it hard to believe that the amount of bags we all see along the road just "blew" out. It seems way more than just the one off bag to me.

flame away biotches

Dumpsters work at pismo beach, and there are far more people that go there throughout the year than do dumont ( i typed do dumont :D )

I think if they are placed strategically, like next to the ranger station, and the rangers could ticket people who abuse the dumpster (sir, you stand accused of dumpster abuse :mischevious: ), and make sure there are enough dumpsters to last a big weekend, then ok

it cut down on the trash at pismo, and I think, with a little planning, it would cut down on the trash at dumont too!!!

some of you will argue that the fees will go up

20 bucks for 7 days worth of recreating??? or 60 bucks for a year??????? you are already getting away with murder

Pismo costs 5 dollars a day for day use, and 10 bucks a day to camp overnight.

I have been going to Pismo since 1975. I disagree with you about the dumpsters helping.

Picture this.

It's at the end of a busy 3 day weekend. A camera crew from a local T.V. station drive out to the beach. I see the cameraman set up his tripod and camera looking at the dumpsters. The dumpsters are overflowing and there is trash all over the ground. There was even an old burned up bar-b-que with propane tank attached, tipped over on the ground. I stop and ask the camera man why he was shooting the dumpster instead of the ocean at near sun set. His reply........"This will make people tune in when they see the clips for the news." I'm thinking Holy S--- you gotta be kidding me. He proceeds to tell me how people go crazy when they see that on TV. Sounds like amunition for the Greens to me.

True Story.

PACK IT IN, PACK IT OUT.

I wouldn't want dumpsters at Dumont. I personally believe the money would be better spent in the way of big signs along the road and after the collection station to remind people to take the trash out with them. I believe the dumpsters will only add to the trash problem as stated in previous posts.

Just my $.02............... :mischevious:

Part of the whole issue is and will always, some people just don't care and never will, or even think about becoming educated. It is kinda like welfare, some people just expect others to take care of them. I guarentee that if there were dumpsters there(dumont) there would still be people leaving piles of trash at comp and in their campsites and when they see People like DDR cleaning it up they won't even care or help or even notice. SOME PEOPLE JUST DON'T CARE AND NEVER WILL PERIOD! and we cant go around beating people with a stick to educate them (or can we)?

Part of the whole issue is and will always, some people just don't care and never will, or even think about becoming educated. It is kinda like welfare, some people just expect others to take care of them. I guarentee that if there were dumpsters there(dumont) there would still be people leaving piles of trash at comp and in their campsites and when they see People like DDR cleaning it up they won't even care or help or even notice. SOME PEOPLE JUST DON'T CARE AND NEVER WILL PERIOD! and we cant go around beating people with a stick to educate them (or can we)?

:mischevious: :driver::idea: