New Years trip report

dunefreak

The weather couldn't have been better. The sand was a bit choppy. There was a pretty good size crowd out there, but nothing too crazy. We camped out with RhinoKing, mfdesigns, and chuckharrisjr and we had some good times.

Friday night consisted of a late night run to the South pole. On the way back I sailed the Grizzly about 4 feet off the top of a little dune! :headbang1: :ahhhhh: :laughing: We had some really good laughs around the fire while I served up some G&T's. :beerpint::laughing:

Saturday we got some really good rides in....some fast as hell...some nice and medium paced. We saw Mike156 & Captainkirk out at the north pole and bs'd for a lil bit. :chat:

The 2PM DDR ride on Saturday was pretty cool. There was a good turnout of peeps fom the site. :rockon:

South Pole...

normal_S2010029~4.JPG

We lost about half the group midway in the ride, but that is kinda expected with that long a train of cars and bikes. It was like 3 dunes back! :laughing: We had a couple pit stops along the way. The first one was in the big bowl. We were all circling around the bowl and some dude in a buggy hops up over one of the sides going into the bowl and drives right down into the train of buggies. He sideswipes JoeDuner's buddy's (I forget his name) car. :finger: It was an accident, but the guy who hit him could have avoided it. :banghead: I was right behind him when it happened. The dude just drove right into him. There was a little side panel and paint damage, but nothing too serious. It was good that nobody got hurt though.

normal_S2010033~7.JPG

normal_S2010031~6.JPG

We proceeded with the ride and found FlyinRyan's old car (TTRex) sitting in the middle of the dunes. Shawn (the new owner of the car- Ryan's buddy) was hanging out waiting for Ryan to come back with a battery. The alternator went out. :beatup: We hung out for a little while and Susan in the Leopard V8Rail car showed up. Between TTrex, Danny car, and Susan's car it looked like a V8Rail regatta! :laughoff:

That was the most V8Rail's I have seen in one spot! :laughing:

normal_S2010034~6.JPG

normal_S2010036~6.JPG

normal_S2010037~6.JPG

Later that night Rhino King ordered the UFC fight and we played it on the big screen (projector). :headbang1: It was a good fight and was really cool to be able to watch sitting around a fire at Dumont with a drink in my hand. It doesn't get much better than that! :rockwoot: Oh and to add to the awesomeness (<-- :DDRrocks::laughoff: ), fireworks in the background above where we were watching the fight. It made for a great birthday celebration for Kenny & Mike. Once again...Happy Birthday guys! :DDRrocks:

This AM I went out for a little morning ride on the Grizzly.

normal_S2010047~6.JPG

normal_S2010048~4.JPG

normal_S2010049~5.JPG

pics of a memorial atop the hill that overlook teh dunes...

normal_S2010051~5.JPG

normal_S2010052~5.JPG

Although it was a short weekend for me, it was tons of fun. I got to meet some great people and say hi to many other dune friends as well as share some good laughs and get some awesome rides in. I wish I had my car out there this weekend, but it definitely didn't stop me from having a good time.

some random pics...

turbo Hayabusa Bombardier :rockwoot:

normal_S2010018~9.JPG

watching Rhino King fly and crash his plane :laughing:

normal_S2010023~6.JPG

"PaulyPaul, take the Grizz and go get it!" :laughing:

normal_S2010026~8.JPG

sanddunesaddict taping it back up, haha

normal_S2010025~8.JPG

normal_S2010012~7.JPG

normal_S2010014~7.JPG

The rest of my pics are in the gallery, click here

Some of my obervations for the weekend...

-new word of the weekned..."awesomeness" :laughoff:

-Grizzly's can fly!

-My toyhauler generator can support TWO pizza cookers! LOL

-RhinoKing got his a$$ kicked by Bozo :idiot:

-random people walk up and hang out in your camp when you have PayPerView UFC fights on

-random people sit in JoeDuner's daughter's chair, break it, and don't say anything about it :finger:

-the south pole is now the official meet up spot for DDR rides- that worked out great!

-Steveo doesn't fit in Dman's back seat

-we taught Dman's neice to call him drunkle instead of uncle. lol

-getting stuck is a New Year's tradiation for me evidently :banghead: (note: don't park your hauler ON the finger dune! lol)

-THE BOMB's quad gave new meaning to "Bomb" this weekend :shoot:

-Fear & Loathing in LV is still hilarious when drunk

-SOBE's at comp are fun

-chuckharrisjr's motor is due for some attention :( (knock in motor)

-mfdesign's doesn't like me bringing up old sh*t...like running out of gas and getting a dead battery :laughoff:

-kris didn't get hurt this weekend! lol

phew...that took a while :blury:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

truck was packed cooler was ready to go, hell i even ran into pauly paul while at walmart gathering supplies, saturday morning get the phone call.. Where you at.. didnt you know you were supposed to be at work today! :banghead::DDRrocks::DDRrocks::finger:

Glad to see ya'all had a good time!

Sounds like a great time in Dumont. :headbang1:

We had a blast in Glamis. :DDRrocks:

So, Friday I went to Olds, Ran up and down the whooped hill.

Crusin' the crouds, stopped to talk to Carl from V-tec performance,

And up rolls a rhino... "Mutha Bitchezzzzz :beatup:" I was like "What Up Tim?" :rockwoot:

Then we jammed to China Wall which was like 6 miles from camp "Wash 3".

On the way back to camp. I lost the quads that were following me.

Trying to find them I ran over a dead bush with a paddle. :rockwoot:

drove 3miles on a total flat to get to my bros camp "Wash 14".

I was able to stick my finger into my tire. So Roger "DDDriver" had some

sergical gloves and I stuffed them into the two biggest holes in the tire.

Aired it up and got me back to camp. Thanks Roger. :headbang1:

The tire actually held air for a couple hours. :banghead:

post-591-1167631251.jpg

Removed the beadlock to patch these holes for the weekend and Damn, Look what I found.

These stick where inside my tire.

post-591-1167631486.jpg

Threw down a killer patch job,some slime, and tore-up some more dunes. :shoot:

Time for new tires though.

Beadlocks help keep the tire on the rim even when it's flat.

Last night the camp nextdoor hung a sheet and projected the UFC.

Awesome fights. I made some new friends. :finger:

I totally thought about DDR kickoff weekend, when I camped with you guys. :DDRrocks:

Great time and looking forward to Dumont and DDR peeps soon :D

R-

My observations :rockwoot:

All the ddr guys seem like a good fun crowd... :finger:

petes(dunefreaks) G&T makes kenny(rhinoking) chase his tail... :laughing:

My DADS rail is a peice... :(

JoeDuners Rail was a blast..... :headbang1:

Grizzlies climb and haul wood with excellence.... :banghead:

Pete (dunefreak) apparently has excellent nail vision.... :headbang1:

1 hander 1 footers on 80's can make you look stupid..... :DDRrocks:

Bert has everything you need..... :P

Stock Rhinos and whoops at 35mph dont mix well....... :rockwoot:

mfdesigns Rhino turned out sweet.... :laughing:

Good sobe bombs can shake your trailer..... :beatup:

3 cans of beans is enough... :shoot:

Watch out for crashing rc planes at the dunes... :DDRrocks:

My observations

1. Pete is taller then I remember

2. The ride from the South Pole got a little hairy with so many people, :headbang1: so we peeled off and took a ride ourselves the long way to the North Pole.

3. Never camp where there are as many dogs as people. Thank goodness we didn't.

4. Kelli likes Captain :DDRrocks: and Snowmen. I wonder if it is still has a head. :beatup: Hope that was OK Pete.

5. I always take to much food.

6. Wheelieing up Comp is Hella Fun. (got to do it alot this time)

7. DDR Peeps Rock :finger: Can't wait to go on and ride with some of the other cars.

8. CaptainKirk and his friend are really nice. (Nice car too)

9. Guy who broke this axle is REALLY good natured. Guy who towed him to the :banghead: and back to camp is the kinda friend everyone needs.

10. Note to self. (Put the damn camera back in the case before leaving the south pole.) Found it yesterday lodge between the computer and the the frame.

11. I couldn't win one game of Horseshoes. :DDRrocks:

12. Last but not least. I didn't get to see the Invisacar. Darn. LOL

post-1439-1167681643.jpg

Looks like County Workers. One guy working everyone else supervising. :shoot:

post-1439-1167682619.jpg

We thought and Snowman was a nice addition

post-1439-1167682659.jpg

post-1439-1167682692.jpg

post-1439-1167682757.jpg

Had a really great time and the weather was perfect. Happy New Year to All DDR peeps

Edited by desertskyz

Turned out to be a GREAT trip for us...first time at Dumont for New Year's. Arrived Thurs. late afternoon, pretty windy still but not too bad. Hung out at camp, movie night. (Forgot the popcorn, dammit!) Got lots of riding in on Friday, even let the kids take their quads to comp that night, traffic wasn't bad at all!! Saturday was awesome! Sunny and warm, couldn't have been better! Made it to the S. Pole to meet up with the DDR peeps....nice to finally meet desertskyz in person...and see some familiar faces from the Xmas party. Bunches of riders; buggies, quads, Rhinos, 2 wheelers, had them all!!

Me and the kiddos made it to the N. pole from there, sat and watched as folks started rollin' in, but Davey did not. Waited...and waited...but still NO Davey! Finally got the call, "Where you at?!" "We're here, where are you?!" He was stranded somewhere behind the little hills west of the N. pole. Banshee blow'd up on the way out! :finger: He was left behind. A complete stranger on a black Honda found me at the pole and took Chase and Jon to go to the rescue!! You guys ROCK!! No hesitation, just hopped on your quads and took off! Can't thank you enough for helpin' out...Chase, you da man!! Needless to say, our DDR ride ended there. I took the kiddos back to camp. Thank goodness my oldest, Justin, had come out Sat. morning with his buddy to join us. He drove his truck out to get Davey and his busted quad.

Still partied out at comp Sat. night...loaded up the trucks and drove out. The rangers were thick out there! Watched a CHP unit pull over some dude in a p-up (he hadn't turned on his headlights, duh! BIG clue, I'm drunk!) They hauled his a$$ off in handcuffs. :DDRrocks: Some close calls on the hill that night, a buggy flipped, but no ambulance rides that I know of.

Some observations:

1. LOTS of people head to the dunes for New Years

2. DDR peeps ride REALLY REALLY fast!

3. Coals under your chair is the BOMB!

4. Long johns are a must for night riding

5. Never again forget the popcorn

6. Smoking anywhere near a campfire is redundant

7. Oven mits can and WILL catch fire

8. My little ol' flare light will light the way home, even in thick dust

9. My new flagpole/flags ROCK

10. Rhinoking knows my Justin from way back when! COOL (small world)

Thanks again to Chase and Jon...they went above and beyond to help a guy out!

:banghead::DDRrocks:

Edited by dinicolady

That sucks Dave blew his bike up. :banghead: That must have been after the group got split up.

I tried looking for some DDR peeps on Saturday but could only find Gerald (cmyfirepole). :DDRrocks: I went cruising around looking for 1320 and also vegas400ex, but couldn't find them. Where were you guys? :DDRrocks:

Looks like I missed a pretty good time, still out here in Florida, the weather is great except today raining. Shoulda stayed home so I could have come out there. Kinda ready to get back, waiting on the next big weekend. See you all soon.....Semper Fi, Woody :banghead:

After the sandrail crash in the bowl,everyone scattered and alot of us got left behind.I had to go after that,and didnt get a chance to say bye.That was a really fun day.Perfect weather. :banghead:

That sucks Dave blew his bike up. :banghead: That must have been after the group got split up.

I tried looking for some DDR peeps on Saturday but could only find Gerald (cmyfirepole). :DDRrocks: I went cruising around looking for 1320 and also vegas400ex, but couldn't find them. Where were you guys? :finger:

We were just passed and left of b-4, just a hop skip and a jump from camp poopd*ck. Just our rig in the middle of nobody, LOL, our regular group didn't come out so we camped in a different spot. Did everything bass-ackwards this trip, camped east side, not west side, started at S. pole and went north, etc. Had a great weekend despite the blow up.....Join me in a moment of silence for the passing of Davey's banshee........

OK, that's 'nuff. :DDRrocks:

my observations

mike156 is very calm when his car breaks glad i was there to help you get back

chukie blows cars up before everyone gets there

kenny crashes his own plane when trying too dogfight another one

wood left at a camp may actually be smoldering even when you can't feel it thruogh thin gloves it reignites at high speeds and burns your seats dammit!

sand snake does acrobatic routines loading his quad (nice form on the flip though)

chase is friends with Pete's friend the punk kid doing wheelies by his trailer (don't worry Pete i got him for that and for other sh*t) :banghead:

chase likes to smack littles punks in giggle berries

all in all had a great time

Edited by dman74

This weekend kicked a$$ , glad i got to meet up with you guys , Sucks about Dave's bike glad i could help out :banghead:

my observations

1. Weekend was nice as hell

2. Even though Dmans a A$$Hole he aint that bad of a guy

3. Firecracker's at camp never get old

4.Kenny drink's half a beer and throws the rest in the fire :DDRrocks:

5.Thats all i can think of im too damn tired ........

Edited by 1bad4fiddy

chase is friends with Pete's friend the punk kid doing wheelies by his trailer (don't worry Pete i got him for that and for other sh*t) :banghead:

chase likes to smack littles punks in giggle berries

Did that punk kid come over to camp or what?

Did that punk kid come over to camp or what?

yup showed up with chase

chase jon and the punk got to slappin giggle berries and the kid got a bad one from chase went to check on him and he did it to me thinkin i hit him he found out that the warning i gave him earlier had a lot of bite to it so i manipulated his nerve endings of one finger for a few minutes he wasn't very happy jim thought it was fuggin hilarious

Edited by dman74

Got out there thurs night, still windy, truck was swayin all over to Dumont. The rest of the weather was awsome. Came to look for ya Pete on Fri. aftrnoon, but i dont think you were there yet, a buddy of mine was camped just past you guys on the right. I was just to the left of #6 about 200 yrds.

My Observations.......

Fireworks exploding 20ft above your head when your drunk are pretty cool..

My truck still can climb the dunes with no problem( but i still get in trouble with the wife)

30 beers on friday starts you weekend off GREAT....................

that next morning you feel like sh*t

35 lbs of crab legs, 2 lbs of shrimp, 10 lbs of potatoes, 30 ears of corn, 1 tri tip and 4 rib eyes, can feed about 20 people for one kickass crab boil.

Your neighbors love you when you give them left overs from that crab boil.

And to the f'ers who stole my BIG cooler( still loaded)............. :angry22: :finger: :beatup: :DDRrocks::banghead::DDRrocks: :shoot: :headbang1::headbang1: