What do you drive?

EY3BA11

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sure the axles arent bent... thats a pretty big t/h to be tuggin w/ a half ton..

Nahhh, there wasn't much tongue weight with the help of the load leveler hitch. The rear bags helped level the load out and keep it in control. It just looks worse than it actually towed. Truck did damn good considering the setup: 1/2 ton truck pulling 9500 lbs!!! :laughing::laughoff: Can't say I'd do it again though if I had the choice.

ohh ya i was talkin bout pierced boy towing a toy hauler with his beefed up half ton and didnt think it was a smart idea... then someone piped in about you pullin yours w/ your z71... and i was like Aint a comfortable drive... White knuckle the whole way to and from and then some..

ohh ya i was talkin bout pierced boy towing a toy hauler with his beefed up half ton and didnt think it was a smart idea... then someone piped in about you pullin yours w/ your z71... and i was like Aint a comfortable drive... White knuckle the whole way to and from and then some..

:laughoff: Who said any of us were smart?! Plus my truck is rated 1000lbs more than pete's. Not like I'm gonna tow it to Oregon or something crazy like that.

The ideal plan is RideRedLV is buying a 6.0l 3/4 4x4 to tow it but we'll see bout that. Plus I don't have a 5000lbs Grizzly weighting it down for my 115lb lady to ride!!!! :laughing:

:laughoff: Who said any of us were smart?! Plus my truck is rated 1000lbs more than pete's. Not like I'm gonna tow it to Oregon or something crazy like that.

The ideal plan is RideRedLV is buying a 6.0l 3/4 4x4 to tow it but we'll see bout that. Plus I don't have a 5000lbs Grizzly weighting it down for my 115lb lady to ride!!!! :laughing:

Here is my set up

post-9-1131552080_thumb.jpg

Damn it Bob! I DID find your truck and trailer on Halloween! :laughoff: I wasn't sure if that was you. I just didn't see your green light. DAMN! I was right there! :laughing:

There were several riders that either stopped or drove by really slow Halloween Weekend... Oh, I forgot my Flags too... Next time out I'll have two Green Lights facing opposite of each other, American Flag with a POW Flag below that. Halloween basically was a Shake Down trip for us. I wasn't as prepared as I thought I was... My BAD :rockon:

hey I'm not much better. My name on other forums such as planet sand, GD.com, duneguide, campcoe, etc ranges from dunefreak, to dunejockey, to FULLTHROTTLE dune-jockey, to DumontDuneRider, &DumontDuneRiders.com, etc. :drunk: whatever :beercheers: Why not make everyone figure it out, huh :laughoff:

sanddunesaddict..........no that's not actually mine.....thank god!!! I found that pic on another website and saved it. Just thought I'd have some fun........ :beercheers: YFZBOB.....I saw that motorhome at the RV show in Pomona, Ca. last year. The price on that amfibious motorhome was $1,000,000........it was awesome. Drives on land with no problem, then drive down a launch ramp and switch over to the marine motor in it.................. :drunk:

sanddunesaddict..........no that's not actually mine.....thank god!!! I found that pic on another website and saved it. Just thought I'd have some fun........ :beercheers: YFZBOB.....I saw that motorhome at the RV show in Pomona, Ca. last year. The price on that amfibious motorhome was $1,000,000........it was awesome. Drives on land with no problem, then drive down a launch ramp and switch over to the marine motor in it.................. :drunk:

i saw that thing on the travel channel on million dollar motor homes. it is way cool. only takes a few minutes to pull out the pontoons and air them up. it has a separate pto on the motor for the prop so he switches from wheel drive to prop drive without skipping a beat. :laughoff: