dunefreak Posted November 9, 2005 Posted November 9, 2005 05 DMax 4x4, 96 GMC Z71, "79" Chevy pickup, and 97 Tahoe (Mrs. dunefreak's ride) Check out the pic of my toyhauler being towed by my half ton!!! :mc_smiley: A wee bit overloaded! Quote
EY3BA11 Posted November 9, 2005 Author Posted November 9, 2005 sure the axles arent bent... thats a pretty big t/h to be tuggin w/ a half ton.. Quote
dunefreak Posted November 9, 2005 Posted November 9, 2005 Damn it Bob! I DID find your truck and trailer on Halloween! I wasn't sure if that was you. I just didn't see your green light. Damn I was right there! Quote
dunefreak Posted November 9, 2005 Posted November 9, 2005 sure the axles arent bent... thats a pretty big t/h to be tuggin w/ a half ton.. Nahhh, there wasn't much tongue weight with the help of the load leveler hitch. The rear bags helped level the load out and keep it in control. It just looks worse than it actually towed. Truck did damn good considering the setup: 1/2 ton truck pulling 9500 lbs!!! Can't say I'd do it again though if I had the choice. Quote
EY3BA11 Posted November 9, 2005 Author Posted November 9, 2005 ohh ya i was talkin bout pierced boy towing a toy hauler with his beefed up half ton and didnt think it was a smart idea... then someone piped in about you pullin yours w/ your z71... and i was like Aint a comfortable drive... White knuckle the whole way to and from and then some.. Quote
PiercedBoy Posted November 9, 2005 Posted November 9, 2005 ohh ya i was talkin bout pierced boy towing a toy hauler with his beefed up half ton and didnt think it was a smart idea... then someone piped in about you pullin yours w/ your z71... and i was like Aint a comfortable drive... White knuckle the whole way to and from and then some.. Who said any of us were smart?! Plus my truck is rated 1000lbs more than pete's. Not like I'm gonna tow it to Oregon or something crazy like that. The ideal plan is RideRedLV is buying a 6.0l 3/4 4x4 to tow it but we'll see bout that. Plus I don't have a 5000lbs Grizzly weighting it down for my 115lb lady to ride!!!! Quote
steveo Posted November 9, 2005 Posted November 9, 2005 Who said any of us were smart?! Plus my truck is rated 1000lbs more than pete's. Not like I'm gonna tow it to Oregon or something crazy like that. The ideal plan is RideRedLV is buying a 6.0l 3/4 4x4 to tow it but we'll see bout that. Plus I don't have a 5000lbs Grizzly weighting it down for my 115lb lady to ride!!!! Here is my set up Quote
EY3BA11 Posted November 9, 2005 Author Posted November 9, 2005 Gimme a few minutes to fotochop dunefreaks z71 picture over the top of steveo's ford.. and ill make it right... HAHAHA Quote
EY3BA11 Posted November 9, 2005 Author Posted November 9, 2005 steve be drivin yer z71 cuz his ford took a sh*t.. his more appropriate ride for the moment would be your truck pullin his trailer... ahhh n/m.. Quote
dunefreak Posted November 9, 2005 Posted November 9, 2005 OHHHHHHH ok. He just picked up his broke d*ck Ford. They put a fuel pump in it. Fixed now I guess. Quote
steveo Posted November 9, 2005 Posted November 9, 2005 OHHHHHHH ok. He just picked up his broke d*ck Ford. They put a fuel pump in it. Fixed now I guess. WHATEVER Quote
YFZBOB Posted November 10, 2005 Posted November 10, 2005 Damn it Bob! I DID find your truck and trailer on Halloween! I wasn't sure if that was you. I just didn't see your green light. DAMN! I was right there! There were several riders that either stopped or drove by really slow Halloween Weekend... Oh, I forgot my Flags too... Next time out I'll have two Green Lights facing opposite of each other, American Flag with a POW Flag below that. Halloween basically was a Shake Down trip for us. I wasn't as prepared as I thought I was... My BAD Quote
Big_Gunz_ Posted November 11, 2005 Posted November 11, 2005 Here's my setup and it's usually parked right next to Bob's. Hey Bob, you need to stick to one name here. Quote
YFZBOB Posted November 11, 2005 Posted November 11, 2005 Here's my setup and it's usually parked right next to Bob's. Hey Bob, you need to stick to one name here. Yeah... I know, it's like when singer "Prince" went from "Prince to ...WTF was that sign again? Quote
dunefreak Posted November 11, 2005 Posted November 11, 2005 hey I'm not much better. My name on other forums such as planet sand, GD.com, duneguide, campcoe, etc ranges from dunefreak, to dunejockey, to FULLTHROTTLE dune-jockey, to DumontDuneRider, &DumontDuneRiders.com, etc. whatever Why not make everyone figure it out, huh Quote
HappyHour Posted November 11, 2005 Posted November 11, 2005 Here is what I used to drive.................. Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted November 11, 2005 Posted November 11, 2005 That was yours!!???? That sucks big time.Was it totaled? Quote
YFZBOB Posted November 11, 2005 Posted November 11, 2005 You should have tied up to the Dock! I know, Could have been me... Here's how it should be done. Click---> More photos and specs here. Quote
dunefreak Posted November 11, 2005 Posted November 11, 2005 You have got to be f*ckin kidding me!!! I have never seen anything like that! Look at those damn pontoons on the sides! Holy crap. Quote
HappyHour Posted November 12, 2005 Posted November 12, 2005 sanddunesaddict..........no that's not actually mine.....thank god!!! I found that pic on another website and saved it. Just thought I'd have some fun........ YFZBOB.....I saw that motorhome at the RV show in Pomona, Ca. last year. The price on that amfibious motorhome was $1,000,000........it was awesome. Drives on land with no problem, then drive down a launch ramp and switch over to the marine motor in it.................. Quote
superdave Posted November 12, 2005 Posted November 12, 2005 sanddunesaddict..........no that's not actually mine.....thank god!!! I found that pic on another website and saved it. Just thought I'd have some fun........ YFZBOB.....I saw that motorhome at the RV show in Pomona, Ca. last year. The price on that amfibious motorhome was $1,000,000........it was awesome. Drives on land with no problem, then drive down a launch ramp and switch over to the marine motor in it.................. i saw that thing on the travel channel on million dollar motor homes. it is way cool. only takes a few minutes to pull out the pontoons and air them up. it has a separate pto on the motor for the prop so he switches from wheel drive to prop drive without skipping a beat. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.