Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Yeah that was us, I am actually in your first pic you posted of the south pole, I am the one closest to the pole with the back pack on. If was very nice to meet you, it is a little weird walking up to someone's camp that you do not know, but you Pete and the other guys seem real friendly.

It was good to finally meet you Mark. Too bad you had to leave early. We'll get to hang out some more over cleanup though. :beercheers: You too seem like a nice guy. :mc_smiley:

  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Great Weekend! Good friends, Good food, Good times. :beercheers: Thanks to Dooner and Mrs Dooner for letting me ride their quad, :stick_smack: First time on this quad, did a wheely :mc_smiley: Thanks especiall to it's stock, love you baby :2gunsfiring:

Posted

where was the 2 wheeler jump at???!!! i gotta find that jump

we found all these people watching rails get some good air on our way back from the North Pole, I can't be sure I'd ever find it exactly... :freakin_nuts:

Posted

ty mineurbiz, but Mrs. Doon actually did the filming...she just posted under my name :freakin_nuts:

LOL well great vid's Mr. and Mrs. Dooner!!!

Posted

It was good to finally meet you Mark. Too bad you had to leave early. We'll get to hang out some more over cleanup though. :freakin_nuts: You too seem like a nice guy. :dunno:

No doubt I would love to take a big kid ride with all of you throught he dunes.

Posted

Finally got what few pics I took off my camera. Damn camera.... Here's a few...Semper Fi, Woody :freakin_nuts:

070219007.jpg

070219013.jpg

070219009.jpg

070219008.jpg

070219006.jpg

Posted

My verizon worked ok. 1 bar, but was able to make and receive calls.

cell phones are great out there. I can set in my mh and get 4+bars. used it all weekend at will. if you cant get out, then you can down at the creek crossing

Posted

cell phones are great out there. I can set in my mh and get 4+bars. used it all weekend at will. if you cant get out, then you can down at the creek crossing

Any tips on a location for Cingular?

fewest dropped calls my a$$ :freakin_nuts:

Posted

Unfortunately, there are no tips for Cingular. No service at all, never has been. Nice huh? Just plan on nothin! The only cell I have heard of getting service up there is Verizon, and only certain spots at that. :freakin_nuts: :dunno:

you can get a lil nextell at the rock pile verizon works in camp.

Posted

Any tips on a location for Cingular?

fewest dropped calls my a$$ :freakin_nuts:

You can go on top of a big dune and get Cingular service, just sucks that it does not work on the flats like verizon.

Posted

cell phones are great out there. I can set in my mh and get 4+bars. used it all weekend at will. if you cant get out, then you can down at the creek crossing

It depends on where you are parked. I can get 4 bars along the first finger and then I don't get sh*t along the second finger dune. :(:rolleyes:

Posted

It depends on where you are parked. I can get 4 bars along the first finger and then I don't get sh*t along the second finger dune. :(:rolleyes:

Lift your right hand and tilt to a 45* angle while lifting the right leg and you might get some reception there :rolleyes:

Posted

was your daughter wearing the blue riding outfit? if so yes thats me and nice to have met you... :D

ok here are some of my pics...

Cool pictures! I like the one of the drag races. You can see our trailer in that photo (upper left). :D

Posted (edited)

We had a great time on Pres Day weekend! We got to Dumont on Thursday afternoon. Had to find a spot to accomodate 14 trailers. Got settled, got the new flag up and didn't even ride that night - just drank beers! My husband's birthday was Friday. He didn't even know that I baked him a cake at home and hid it in the trailer's oven that we'll probably never use! The dogs HATED the fireworks the first couple nights, but finally got used to it.

Good news is that everyone was safe and nothing went wrong with the new trailer (this was our first trip to Dumont with it). We were bummed that some of our friends and family that were supposed to go couldn't make it. We got to hang out with some new people, though and that was cool!

We didn't head home until Monday afternoon and then got caught up in the traffic on the 15 fwy north at Nipton Rd. Someone's truck and trailer overturned in the left lane. Traffic was backed up for 5 miles. Took us an extra hour and a half to get home.

Some observations:

Why do people let their dogs run loose? Isn't there a leash law? Some dog (I think from the camp behind us) peed on our truck's rims.

Why do people not pick up their dog's poop? That's gross!!!

Can't people wait their turn at comp? There is no reason to pass people on the hill and nearly miss hitting them.

What's with seeing people with no helmets and riding doubles?

Why must people ride full speed through other people's camps? I was glad when our circle was complete!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Here are some pics:

post-1635-1172095646.jpg

post-1635-1172095675.jpg

post-1635-1172095699.jpg

post-1635-1172095720.jpg

post-1635-1172095749.jpg

post-1635-1172095771.jpg

Edited by Kitcat
Posted

man sounds like u guys had a blast...well i made it there early sun morning about 9am. met up with my group and set everything up...i went for a ride lookin for the DDR camp but couldnt find it..i guess i didnt try hard enough..anyways i wanted to meet the DDR group but i guess i have to wait til next trip. i had a blast non the less. great weather and great riding..seemed like it was more crowded last yr Prez weekend. I stayed til today(weds) and just got home..glad i wasnt sittin in traffic.

Posted

glad i was at the :2cents: lil dunes after cruzing over to dumont :pissed: i think dumont and every off road riding area that has alot of camps or camps for that matter . should have a pampflet handed out to everyone showing what to do and not do around camps and even the riding areas. theres alot of newbies out there that just don't know right from wrong , and i think a pampflet might save a life . i'm not talking about a booklet that the manufactures give you for a training course . theres def alot missing out of those books . just for example the riding areas like having a spotter on hills and no what some one on top a hill means etc. even knowledge about camp spots what orange cones mean etc. just my :grin::DDRrocks:

Posted

Good news is that everyone was safe and nothing went wrong with the new trailer (this was our first trip to Dumont with it). We were bummed that some of our friends and family that were supposed to go couldn't make it. We got to hang out with some new people, though and that was cool!

:pissed: How'd you guys do on the holding tanks this trip?? Just curious after all the chat in the toyhauler thread.

Posted
Any tips on a location for Cingular?

fewest dropped calls my a$$

I hear that!

Let me explain what a dropped call is... once you have signal, then you loose it. You have to have signal first and make a call to get a dropped call. :DDRrocks::thumb::ban-split:

I know...I'm guilty but don't really care right now :happydrunks::headbang1:

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV


×
×
  • Create New...