Dumont Dunes TRT meeting

I am sorry. I don't understand a couple things.

if the agenda is already planned, where is the chance for input from the duning community?

if "they" are on our side, then why do they need our input?

How are the agendas for these meetings organized? is input from the duning community allowed for that?

thanks

You'll find this interesting. Most organizations follow the Robert's Rules of Order when it comes to meetings and stuff like that.

THESE RULES ARE, IN EFFECT, DEFAULT RULES; THAT IS TO SAY, THEY GOVERN ONLY IF THERE ARE NO CONTRARY PROVISIONS IN ANY FEDERAL, STATE OR OTHER LAW APPLICABLE TO THE SOCIETY, OR IN THE SOCIETY'S BYLAWS, OR IN ANY SPECIAL RULES OF ORDER THAT THE SOCIETY MAY HAVE ADOPTED.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the replies

does the TRT board recognize that not all the people that recreate @ dumont live a couple hours away from Barstow? I know people from as far away as Oregon that recreate there every year. Are the people that are travel challenged (i just made that up :laughing: ) allowed input as well, like letters, emails, satellite conferences and the like?

thanks for the replies

does the TRT board recognize that not all the people that recreate @ dumont live a couple hours away from Barstow? I know people from as far away as Oregon that recreate there every year. Are the people that are travel challenged (i just made that up :dunno: ) allowed input as well, like letters, emails, satellite conferences and the like?

Yes, we do realise that not everyone can attend the meetings. Comments can be sent to the Dumont Dunes TRT c/o Barstow Field Office 2601 Barstow Rd. Barstow, Ca 92311.

Both Terry and Myself are TRT members and are active on this board and we do bring up items discussed here at the meetings. :laughoff::laughing: B)

can't beleive this is all that can go. we should all be going so they know how important this is to all of us. alot of people on here talk but don't seem ready to walk the walk.i asked for the day off but if not i would have called in.

Ok tomorrow is the big day I am still going if there is anybody else going maybe we could meet up some place like the Silverton if you wont to car pool we can then see how many people and how much room we have let’s here some suggestions. :laughoff:

:dope::laughoff::beercheers::flipoff:

I'm sorry you won't be able to make it Pete... we could use your presence.

Thank you to everyone else who has promised to be there.

See you all in the morning!

Vicki

Yeah it really sucks. Sorry, I wish I could make it. Keep us posted how the meeting goes.

Pete, that sucks, wish you could be there. But at least your site has brought light to these matters and allowed everyone somewhere to voice their opinions and concerns. I'm going down tonight. I talked Giant rv into having my toyhauler ready tomorrow in Montclair, CA so after the meeting I'm going to pick up my new toyhauler. See everyone there.

Edited by raptoroy

can't beleive this is all that can go. we should all be going so they know how important this is to all of us. alot of people on here talk but don't seem ready to walk the walk.i asked for the day off but if not i would have called in.

I would love to attend the meeting, but I have children in school and one of us has to be here to get them to and from. Davey has leave time from work, so that was a no-brainer as to which one of us could attend. I'm sending my "soapbox" with him. :D

roy I dont think thats fair of you to say. I like to think I step up every chance I get. Not everyone is able to get time off, or call in for that matter. I just started a new job, and as important as the dunes are to me, my job is more important. I like to think im not one just talking the talk. I know ive stepped up for clean up, alot actually, by donating funds (which I really dont have right now) also have volunteered my time to vicky for the cleanup, whatever she may need. and ive hounded DDR peeps to do the same. So its not always a matter of people talkin, and not walking. I think alot of us are doing the best we can and know how at this point. If I could be there I would, and I know quite a few other people here on this board who would do the same.

Sorry, wasnt slamming you or anything, just wanted to get my point across. Ok Im done! :monkeedance2:

TRT = Technical Review Team. It's an advisory panel that acts as liaisons between their constituents and the Bureau of Land Management.

Here's a link that provides some more info:

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/barstow/dumontdunestrt.html

what does TRT stand for i have always read it as TRT. i understand and support your work thanks. but dont know what the letters stand for?

The meeting I thought went pretty well today. They were very interested in what we had to say on things. The metal/wood stake didn't get brought up because the ranger giving the brief was not there. Discussed the culvert, be taken care of later in the year. Went over all the spending costs, I think there is alot to be cut down on there, and told them I'd volunteer time for free with whatever they wanted me too to cut back some. The fee increase was a big thing. They listened to all of us. Bob, Me, Jen, Roy and his wife, Davey, think that was it from DDR. We all pretty much said we thought the fees would go up some, but not what was presented even though that was just a number. They had 40$ a weekend and 140$ for an annual pass. That was put on hold until a cost analysis for which weekends were the biggest turn out. It was also proposed having 3 passes, normal 7 day, and ann pass with blackout dates and the reg ann pass. Final numbers proposed but not passed were 30$wkend, 90$blkout ann, then just 10$ for the major holidays, 120$ann. Vicki will have a much better post I'm sure, as I was just a newbie at the meeting, will need to attend a few to see how everything works. The next meeting was set for April 17th at 10am....I liked the meeting overall and will be attending them from now on, alot of useful info and some not, but good knowledge....Semper Fi, Woody :DDRrocks:

Couple more things, as it was presented, they will not have any funding this year at all, besides what we pay at the gate. So the fee's are going up, just a question as to how much. There were about 21K passes sold last year total, and over 112K visitors.

Edited by wsky70

It was a good meeting and would not have been half as productive without all the "guests" who were there and gave input.

I am in the middle of a couple things right now but I'll post more later. I just wanted to pop in and say my thanks for those new faces and their voices.

Vicki

To those of you that showed up THANK YOU :dunno::dunno: You have helped us out even more than you know. Your showing up today opened some of the TRT's eyes that the users of Dumont Dunes really do care about what happens. :coocoo::beercheers: B)