Fire & Gas Bottles

Luvdunes

Hi,

I am new to DDR, I have visited your site often to see what was going on and get updates on things. But I joined tonight because I needed to say something to protect others.

On Sat. night we were getting ready for dinner, starting a fire and having a good time when we had a explosion in our fire and in a split second our night turned into terror. There was pieace of wood that was a 2x4 about a foot long flew out of the fire and hit my husband in the throat and cut it open missing his trechea about 16 of a millimeter. My oldest son caught his Dad before he hit the ground and and called one of his friends to help. The 2 of them applied pressure and kept him alive until the paramedicits got there. He lost pulse 2 times and they got him back. When we got to the sherrif station the helo was there waiting to transfer Omar (the boy that died when he flipped over his quad) but they took my husband instead. He was taken to UMC in Vegas and was in surgery about 2 hours. He has stitches inside and 11 staples on the outside. He was released from the hospital on Mon. morning and we headed back to CA. It was one of the worst nights of our lives. He is lucky because he remembers nothing, the rest of us remember way to much.

I know that gas bombs are cool to look at but they are not worth the danger. There will never EVER be one in our camp again. Just had to get that off my chest and maybe it will have people stop and think about what happened before they do one.

I want to public thank my son Kyle, his friend Brett for saving my husband Kep. You guys are awesome!

Our whole family would like to extend our sympathizes to Omar's family. Our prayers and thoughts are with you.

Sorry to hear about your hubby and super glad he is going to be ok. :happydrunks: This is one of the exact reasons why I'm not too big on Sobe Bombs, or any other kind of explosive things in my camp, regardless of the fact that my 2 year old daughter tries to sleep in my MOHO. :thumb: I hope everything is ok with your husband.

Thats some heads up kids there. Sorry to hear about that unfortunate turn of events. I am glad to hear there was a positive outcome. With that said, there is only one thing that goes into the fire in any circle we camp in.....wood. :happydrunks: I'll get off the soapbox now!!!

I'm glad to hear your husband is okay - how scary, though. When we were out on New Years, one of the girls in our camp threw a lighter into our fire with a bunch of us standing around it. I didn't see her do it and the small explosion scared the crap out of me. It was VERY STUPID STUPID STUPID!!! She could have at least told us what she was doing BEFORE she did it! Needless to say, she wasn't the most popular person at camp on that trip! :laughing: