terrible town 250

superdave

april 28th is the terrible town 250 offroad race starting in pahrump and going way out past the amargosa dunes and back. we have been going the last few years, camping at the dunes and then riding aroung the trails and watching the race from various spots. its great fun being able to ride the dunes and trails at the same time. i have never bothered to put the paddles on because with good desert tires you can go through the dunes pretty good. maybe this year i will bring them and put them on for a while. last year i think it was livinalolife, sincity blondie, pauly paul, kens colors and some more i cant remember. we had a great time. the weather was perfect and it looks like it may be good again if it continues like it is.

Edited by superdave

We were in a couple of spots right next to the course. One along a power line road and one spot where the had to make a hard left hand turn and make a small jump. We never saw any rangers. But I did end up on the race course with my camper the night before the race. :argue: :ban-split:

I'll be out there.. but good idea dave never though to camp out there and watch. :beercheers: ..did any rangers give ya any sh*t ?how close to the course were you able to get?

we have only run into a ranger a couple of times during the race. they just tell you to stay near the dunes. but that was a couple of years ago. i dont remember seeing any last year.

• 3 weeks later...

ha ha. was wondering about you. havent seen a post in a while but expected one with the race coming up. we missed out on the hospitality last year. our mistake. im going but its going to be a day trip since i have to go to a banquet that night for work but we will hook up this time. :D

Jola All,

It looks like we will be at the "timed" start/finish. Details to follow. Of course the smoker will be smokin', No mudslides this time.

The next event is the MORE race at the end of May. We will be entering the Chili Cookoff and two vehicles in the Sportsman class. You are all welcome to stop on by.

Cheers

april 28th is the terrible town 250 offroad race starting in pahrump and going way out past the amargosa dunes and back. we have been going the last few years, camping at the dunes and then riding aroung the trails and watching the race from various spots. its great fun being able to ride the dunes and trails at the same time. i have never bothered to put the paddles on because with good desert tires you can go through the dunes pretty good. maybe this year i will bring them and put them on for a while. last year i think it was livinalolife, sincity blondie, pauly paul, kens colors and some more i cant remember. we had a great time. the weather was perfect and it looks like it may be good again if it continues like it is.

yeah it was definately good times last year dave. Maybe ill come out this year to. have to see about funds.

We were in a couple of spots right next to the course. One along a power line road and one spot where the had to make a hard left hand turn and make a small jump. We never saw any rangers. But I did end up on the race course with my camper the night before the race. :pissed::banghead:

ken, I do believe you aquired something out there last year as we were out for our 2am golfcart rocking ride!!! :banghead::banghead::pissed::pissed::pissed: man that nite was definately good times!!

yeah it was definately good times last year dave. Maybe ill come out this year to. have to see about funds.

ken, I do believe you aquired something out there last year as we were out for our 2am golfcart rocking ride!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::pissed::pissed: man that nite was definately good times!!

Yeah, doing wheelies all night and our 2am scavanger hunt was a blast! :pissed:

Thats where we made this DDR logo! 110 octane works good!

post-63-1177101382.jpg

• 2 weeks later...