FUGGIN PIGEONS!

wingnut

Alright not to sound like a dumb a$$. What's the best way to get rid of pigeons??? At our new place they are everywere. Cole gave me his airsoft pistol but I won't something more effective, like a mass poisoning!!!!

What tweeks me is they keep doing sh*t by droppings all over the cars and this isn't normal pigeon sh*t. It looks like flying rhinos or hippos flew over the cars and unloaded. The only good thing is that they appear to like Tiff's car better than my truck!! :laughoff: Oh well, any suggestions would be appretiated!!!

Get a cat or dog... that seems to work for me. Also it could be some bad habits of your neighbors. I used to keep dog food and water outside all the time (except in the summer) and the birds seemed like they couldn't get enough. I had $hit all over my patio, once I stopped feeding my animals outside and my dog and cat got older they just chace everything away for fun. My cat is pretty good at getting birds!! but brings them in the house, Gross!! If you or your neighbor have a pool your pretty much screwed. Get a cat!! or buy lots of BB's.

Good Luck!

Shooting pigeons is illegal where we live. So is poisoning. I don't know about trapping them and "disposing" of them. people have used fake owls to scare 'em. There are spike strips that go on where they land. Making it hard for them to land/perch may help. Poison some bird food near where they hang out. And if anyone asks, you :laughoff: The cat idea can work too. But then you have to find pigeons to feed the cats once all the birds are gone! Find out where they nest and take that out.

http://www.critterridders.com/pigeon_trap.htm

Cut off their sources of food and water. If you feed your dog outside feed him only at night. The owl things work for awhile but you have to move them every once in a while to make them effective. Also you can buy rubber snakes that do the same thing. Been thru this it's not a lot of fun.

Try hanging a "Plastic Owl" in the trees or off the highest point of your house.

Hang it with a 1" foot line like stove pipe wire or fishing line. I have done this at my house because of Woodpeckers attacking the siding on the house. It works!!! Just try it! I bought the owls from Lowes.

Flying Rhinos, Hippos.... What?!?!... WTF!!! :laughoff::laughoff::drinkbeer:

Edited by Dune Family

Down at Terrible's on Sunset and 95, they have some speakers with like hawk noises or some sh*t playing. Everytime I go there, I don't see any pigeons, but I do hear the noises of predator birds. Now my story of pigeons.

We had a buttload of them in the backyard a few years ago. Finally, I bought a single shot pellet gun, mounted a scope on it and waited. On the weekends I'd get the paper, go to my kitchen table, open the sliding glass door a few feet and just wait. As soon as I saw one land in the yard, poof...it was feather central. After a dozen or so, they just didn't come back. I like to think "the word got out" to their friends that I did not offer a pigeon friendly environment. I was pigeon free for 2 years, right up until the other day. It seems I will have to get the word out again.

There are pigeon control people out there if you don't like the death method. Good luck anyways on your quest to rid yourself of flying Rhinos and Hippos :laughoff:

Down at Terrible's on Sunset and 95, they have some speakers with like hawk noises or some sh*t playing. Everytime I go there, I don't see any pigeons, but I do hear the noises of predator birds. Now my story of pigeons.

We had a buttload of them in the backyard a few years ago. Finally, I bought a single shot pellet gun, mounted a scope on it and waited. On the weekends I'd get the paper, go to my kitchen table, open the sliding glass door a few feet and just wait. As soon as I saw one land in the yard, poof...it was feather central. After a dozen or so, they just didn't come back. I like to think "the word got out" to their friends that I did not offer a pigeon friendly environment. I was pigeon free for 2 years, right up until the other day. It seems I will have to get the word out again.

There are pigeon control people out there if you don't like the death method. Good luck anyways on your quest to rid yourself of flying Rhinos and Hippos :laughoff:

I agree with all the above!!! Another method I heard of is to start feeding the pigeons feed corn get them used to feeding at sunset and then one evening give them feed corn that has been soaking in beer for 24 hrs and if they roost on your house they just get drunk fall off the roof, and then choose your own method of destruction!! :laughoff:

i think that you should arrange a "Sit Down" and discuss the property issues with them.......and if they choose to invade your teritory again, then you can make it clear that the pigeons will end up sleeping with the fishes.

ITS A TURF WAR!

I just heard of this recently from a dude at work. Bread and bleach, just put the bleach on the bread, they eat the crap, and that will get rid of them for good. He said he hasn't had a pigeon problem since. If you can put it on your roof in an old bowl that way other pets can't get at it.

A friend of ours put up silver Christmas tinsel/garland around thier roof and the places where the pigeons were landing and that worked for them. You get people looking at your house like :idea: for a while.

The alka-seltzer thing works well too.

A friend of ours put up silver Christmas tinsel/garland around thier roof and the places where the pigeons were landing and that worked for them. You get people looking at your house like :beercheers: for a while.

The alka-seltzer thing works well too.

Are you sure that just wasn't his excuse to leave his x-mas decorations up all year??? :idea: :eatdrink021:

Are you sure that just wasn't his excuse to leave his x-mas decorations up all year??? :drinkbeer::laughoff:

I suppose :slap: although he did put it up in April. And when I asked he said he did it every year to keep the birds away, especially pigeons and doves. :dunno:

One never knows with people. :laughoff: