fires

barefoot bob

14 fires in one day on the same day the winds are bad ?? can you say deliberate act holy smokes :laughoff:

128 homes burnt , 1500 national gaurds men called in, govenators asking for c130s from the military massive evacuations this is worse than the big fires a few years back 04 i think it was :beer_bang:

4 people dead in san diego

Edited by barefoot bob

I will explain these later...sorry

I have family getting evacuated and coming to my house.

everyone is safe but waiting on the fire to see if the homes make it.

post-1872-1193102482_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1193102498_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1193102510_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1193102525_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1193102537_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1193102549_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1193102561_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1193102572_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1193102584_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1193102596_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1193102610_thumb.jpg

Edited by bp-guy

Again, if anyone needs a place to store anything, we are still good up here. Need a place for pups, cats, yourself, your toys ANYTHING we have room lots of room here. Just call me 760-898-2627.

Bob called from down in SanDiego, he says its REAL bad, looks like a war zone and he will prob not make it back up here!

Again, if anyone needs a place to store anything, we are still good up here. Need a place for pups, cats, yourself, your toys ANYTHING we have room lots of room here. Just call me 760-898-2627.

Bob called from down in SanDiego, he says its REAL bad, looks like a war zone and he will prob not make it back up here!

Jodi-- where is Bob staying? can I help?

He is on the road still almost to Mexico. He's just trying to get out! So all I have is cell connection and only when he can get out. You can try calling him 760-898-2657.

calling now

He is a ways from my place but I told him my motorhome is here if he needs it and he has my numbers.

Edited by bp-guy

Guest Crasher

This is just horrible. I have many friends and family in San Diego. Most have been evacuated and those who have not, have their bags and cars packed up and are ready to go. We will more than likely have house guests as of tomorrow until the winds subside and they can get it somewhat contained. Everything is shut down and everyone is just sitting by their TV waiting for updates. For those of you in that area, or anywhere that is burning in Southern Cali, stay safe and we're praying for you. :(

The Lake Arrowhead fire is bad, we are being effected by the smoke. Had all the kids inside today for lunch and P.E. Would rather deal with the smoke than the fires that are affecting all of those peoples lives.

The Cajon Pass is a mess, trucks, trailers, Moho's overturned. People are parked on the side of the road. Took one of our friends 4 hrs to get over the pass to Victorville today.

:praying: for everyone effected by these fires.

I think this is the worst year for fires in a long time. I remember back when the Curve Fire was burnin in Azusa Canyon above my house. It took a week to burn 45,000 acres. I hear the Canyon country fire already burned 30,000 in 2 days. That is crazy. Hope everyone gets out ok. I was in Ontario last night and there were a few gusts of wind but nothin major. When I got to the 10 freeway at vinyard the big a$$ flag at MarkChristopher Chevy was standing strait out. And there isn't so much as slight breeze here in Covina. That's weird.

these fires are in sane. I haev allot of customers in the San Diego area. Schools are all closed down there. Some announced until at LEAST wednesday. Solana Santa Fe was on fire on the east end and they expected the fires to burn to the coast.. INSANE that area has nothing but MULTIPLE Milion dollar homes, and LOTS of trees.

Here are a few pics a friend took when he got stuck on the Cajon Pass today before they got him turned around to come back home, but some prety intense moments for him!

post-1646-1193107476_thumb.jpg

post-1646-1193107496_thumb.jpg

my thoughts and prayers go out to all those who are being affected by this. Im wondering if there is anything we here in Vegas can do to help????

I got goosebumps looking at those pictures. I couldnt imagine having to pack up just what I could and leave my home and it probably not being there when I came back. Its very sad and scarey. :(

wow this is crazy!

i remember working for the government a few years ago, we were at Mc Carren when this wall of smoke just rolled over the entire air port, and then you could just smell the burnt wood and debris. Same thing happened when i was living in Georgia, and Florida was on fire...losts of houses lost..

thoughts and prayers!

There are evacuation places set up all over the place. I think the fire that started in my area of work has gotten over 22,000 acres already. It is getting close to my house now. We are about 5 miles north of it but the fire seems to be moving south and west of us so we are ok for now.

It's very surreal around here. Alot of travel trailers in the big parking lots nearby and alot of livestock being moved to where they can take them.

I am off today and tomorrow and am biting ot the bit to get back out there and help but at the same time I need to make sure my family is ok first and foremost.

I want to offer up my motorhome to someone that needs it but at this point I might need it myself here in the next day or so.