Sandrail wheelies into a Banshee on comp

dunefreak

I cant believe someone has the nerve to say poor guy with the car, unbelieveable.

Anyway I came on to say hi to everyone and thank everyone for thier kind words and donations. We got over $500 in donations today alone. You guys kick a$$.

Charlie sounded like sh*t when I talked to him today but he said he was ok. He told me he thought he was dead. Pretty scary sh*t.

I've made my donation, and I hope allot more folks here do as well.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess its more of common knowledge, growin up around glamis and buttercup, thats how i had seen it done, and when i came out to dumont thats how i have seen most people do it as well. iam not saying that it is law, but just have some sence of direction, and some common courtsey.

look I jump the hell out of my bike, and i even wheelie up comp, and i crash too.....I have never taken anyone out, and any damage that i do to myself is more or less a self inflicted wound, iam not going to walk around in bubblewrap my whole life. and when you sit around the camp fire and talk about "Good times" some ...no wait....all of us have done some stupid stuff. good, bad, right or wrong. iam just learning a bit later than others.

my crash on craigs quad was stupid, i still cant walk right. and it cost me alot of money that i didnt really have. it almost cost a great friendship as well....so with that iam learning more and more. Its time for a rhino / sand sprite and relax and just play around. i dont want to be any more responsable for someone getting hurt because of something stupid, accidents will happen...and they usually happen to me..so with that Iam done with my rant.

has any one ever read the dumont dunes rulls and safty tip flyer its on the ddr home page . this is not pointed at any one person but to all that have never read it . (safty tips side ) hint - hint

has any one ever read the dumont dunes rulls and safty tip flyer its on the ddr home page . this is not pointed at any one person but to all that have never read it . (safty tips side ) hint - hint

aoh yea thanks for all your support for chalie and his family. it really means alot to them ..

O and aside from myself, Pete made the 1st donation. You rock Pete!!

Not a problem, Richie. I like to help any time I can. Ya just never know. You have to tell yourself that one day it could be yourself needing the donations. It is a dangerous sport and we all have to pull together and help each other out whenever a fellow duner needs help. I don't even know the guy (Chrarlie), but I can say this: I consider just about every guy out there enjoying the dunes a freind of mine. We all share a common interest and I like to think of everyone that goes to Dumont like a tight-knit community that are there for each other.

I hope everyone keeps contributing and you can raise enough to help him out. It sounds like he will be layed up for a while.

Its always hard to hear stories like this about people getting hurt at the dunes. Unfortunately accidents will always happen.

But people do need to slow down and pay a little more attn and we could avoid quite a few of them. I wish charlie a speedy recovery and pray for strength for him and his family to get thru this tough time.

Currently unemployed, but I did donate some, as im sure every little bit will help in this time of need!

the times have changed.

i got into an accident on my quad in the dirt which resulted in a criminal and monetary penalty. i'm not going to go into it further than that.

the driver of the rail will be held responsible, along with the owner of the rail i assure you.

can you say-driver, owner, manufacturer, and blm. the usual sequence is from little $$ pockets to big $$ pockets. not stating my opinion, just giving the facts in the court system. hope charlie is doing fine and recovers fully.

I just want every body to know Charlie thanks all of you for everything . I go see him every day during or after work to makesure his spirits are up and to let him know everybody is pulling for him and the family. once again Iwould like to say thanks to all of you for all you duners are doing you all :banghead: rock. yesterday I was with charlie for an hour or so and hes starting to get his humor back, and hes lookn dam good for just getting ran the flock over! I will keep you all posted on his road to recovery.

Can we start a get well post with just positive posts? I dont know him but i wish him and his family a full recovery and hope this guy steps up and helps with the costs( both guys).No who was right or wrong just get well posts

Capt

Edited by CaptNkllm

I do not know Charlie or his family, but I know if it were me or someone else in my family I would be forever grateful for any help that anyone could give. With that said I made a contribution.

Good luck to Charlie and his family. This was an unfortunate accident and I hope that it helped some people see the light on their behavior at the dunes. We are all there to have to a good time and we all have to watch out for one another!

I was hit by a dune buggy/sand rail also, so I know what he's going through. Charlie, I wish you a full and speedy recovery................. :dance: :MBdance: :fro_smokin: :thumb::hello::idea::banghead:

Donation to his recovery efforts has been made by the HappyHour Family................ :duniemonkie: :fro_smokin:

i too have made my donation and wish him a speedy recovery. what i cant believe is what this thread has turned into i have a quad and a rail. i barelly drove the rail cause while my kids and i were out driving i had about 20 quads and 8 bikes either dahm near run into me or cut me off while cruising out of camp and in the dunes. everyone wants to blame the rail drivers all the time. first off we have just as much right as anyone to be there and no WE DONT HAVE TO CLEAR A PATH FOR QUADS AND BIKES CAUSE THEY ARENT PAYING ATTENTION. which seems to be a common thought

first off we have just as much right as anyone to be there and no WE DONT HAVE TO CLEAR A PATH FOR QUADS AND BIKES CAUSE THEY ARENT PAYING ATTENTION. which seems to be a common thought

:banghead::MBdance::idea:

1)No body said you guys dont have the right.

2)We arnt talking about just the people who arnt "paying attention".

3)Go ahead a dont avoid the guy/girl on a quad/bike/rhino JUST BECAUSE they arnt paying attention and run them over, then see how you feel when they get paralyzed or killed, YOU get to live with that the rest of your life...

That being said, EVERYONE has a responsibilty to avoid others ESPECIALLY if they arnt paying attention!! Besides, hows a quad or bike going to do much damage to your big bad rail anyways?? Sorry the little guys are such a nuisance to your wheelies and jumping razors... :hello:

i too have made my donation and wish him a speedy recovery. what i cant believe is what this thread has turned into i have a quad and a rail. i barelly drove the rail cause while my kids and i were out driving i had about 20 quads and 8 bikes either dahm near run into me or cut me off while cruising out of camp and in the dunes. everyone wants to blame the rail drivers all the time. first off we have just as much right as anyone to be there and no WE DONT HAVE TO CLEAR A PATH FOR QUADS AND BIKES CAUSE THEY ARENT PAYING ATTENTION. which seems to be a common thought

Well I hope you have good insurance also so when you hit a guy because you were not watching out for the person that wasnt paying attention ...... then .... to bad for you and your insurance, house and everything you own!!

hard to see 360 degrees in a helmet but alot easier to see in a rail!!

DONT CLEAR A PATH AND PAY FOR A LONG TIME !!! thats my opinion

Capt

Edited by CaptNkllm

So many of you all know about the accident at comp. Some guy felt the need to wheelie across the face of comp and basically ran over a guy on a banshee. After they hit the raill rolled. I heard the guy on the quad had some broken ribs and his face was pretty messed up. He was life flighted out. McGyver got some pics of the quad. I'm sure he'll post em up when he gets home.

May this be a lesson to those that like to wheelie up comp. Save it for off weekends when the hill isn't full of people on bikes!!

I saw the whole thing as it unfolded. Pretty scary. I was also the 1st person to him on the hill and made sure he was alive and alert. The person on the rail was definetly at fault.

He missed the 1st quad in the train coming down the hill by inches and just smaked the 2nd quad. Then he had the balls to come up to the quad ride and b*tch at him.

Dave

:banghead::MBdance::idea:

1)No body said you guys dont have the right.

2)We arnt talking about just the people who arnt "paying attention".

3)Go ahead a dont avoid the guy/girl on a quad/bike/rhino JUST BECAUSE they arnt paying attention and run them over, then see how you feel when they get paralyzed or killed, YOU get to live with that the rest of your life...

That being said, EVERYONE has a responsibilty to avoid others ESPECIALLY if they arnt paying attention!! Besides, hows a quad or bike going to do much damage to your big bad rail anyways?? Sorry the little guys are such a nuisance to your wheelies and jumping razors... :hello:

well what about them hitting me???? and if you could read WHILE CRUISING WITH MY KIDS.i am sorry you are jealous of a rail but i also have my quad and i look where i am going. a guy on his quad ran into a truck sat night should we blame the guy in the truck just cause he is bigger? and if a quad runs into a rail it can be costlly a $20 bar plus strip down and $1500 in powdercoat. but i bet you al;ready knew that

WE DONT HAVE TO CLEAR A PATH FOR QUADS AND BIKES CAUSE THEY ARENT PAYING ATTENTION. which seems to be a common thought

Even though it may seem like a city at times it is not one. There are no crosswalks, no traffic lighs, no streets and vertually no authority "NOBODY HAS THE RIGHT OF WAY" It all comes down to common sense and some people don't have much of it. You have to assume that nobody sees you coming. I tell my kids all the time to let other riders go ahead no matter what cause you just never know if they see you or not. Always think of others........................................................................

WE DONT HAVE TO CLEAR A PATH FOR QUADS AND BIKES CAUSE THEY ARENT PAYING ATTENTION. which seems to be a common thought

Even though it may seem like a city at times it is not one. There are no crosswalks, no traffic lighs, no streets and vertually no authority "NOBODY HAS THE RIGHT OF WAY" It all comes down to common sense and some people don't have much of it. You have to assume that nobody sees you coming. I tell my kids all the time to let other riders go ahead no matter what cause you just never know if they see you or not. Always think of others........................................................................

thats my point everyone always says everyone but rails has the right of way . it is everyones job to look out

well what about them hitting me???? and if you could read WHILE CRUISING WITH MY KIDS.i am sorry you are jealous of a rail but i also have my quad and i look where i am going. a guy on his quad ran into a truck sat night should we blame the guy in the truck just cause he is bigger? and if a quad runs into a rail it can be costlly a $20 bar plus strip down and $1500 in powdercoat. but i bet you al;ready knew that

Predu I think you are missing the point, when you are on a hill the pretty much everyone is traveling the same direction (up and down) then someone comes across wheeling (rail quad or bike does not matter) then the one coming across the hill should know better. Comp is used for racing and to come across the hill with a 3k lbs anything lacks common sense. So in this case yes the rail should have been the one to look out given the location. If this would have just happened out in the dunes then it may have been a different story.

But like Pete stated before, this is about helping the guy (Charlie) that is in the hospital. Not who's bike got damaged or rail. Lets just keep this thread about helping Charlie and go argue somewhere else.

quad hit car = quads fault and he should pay just like if you hit someone you should pay. simple deductions

Capt