Sandrail wheelies into a Banshee on comp

dunefreak

Those two aren't always possible. What if you break on the way up or miss a shift?

well there are always variables in life....but if you have been running the hill, or it is a "Flawless run" then do just that...

its not a perfect world, and no one expect it to be. just do YOUR part as a Duner and follow some simple guidelines

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cole sounds like the pot calling the kettle black!!!

"dont leap before you look

when its that busy you dont have to look cool

and take your turns, your not the only cool kid on the hill

up the hill (to the top) and turn left...

dont come down where people go up..saw that all day...DUHHHHHH

pay the fauk attention to others around you!!!"

:drunk::headbang1:

I see this same BS all the time. MANY (not all) Rail drivers care way more about showing off for everyone then for any kind of safety. As my mom said (Dinicolady) we saw so many close calls and many times the same rail over and over its a wonder no one pulled these drivers out and BEAT THEIR A$$es!!

Maybe im wrong but 90% of the rails I see have solid bottoms and NO WAY of seeing where you are going when you are in a wheelie. I personally wheelie my bikes almost everywhere I go but I can SEE just fine and im not risking someones life with a 3000+lb. car!! Im not impressed with some guy driving a turbo v8 that can wheelie, woo hoo, great for you, you spent $100,000 and thats what you got, who cares?? Stop risking everyone else on smaller machines who have every right to be there as you do!!

To the guy who thinks there is no liability just because they are "in the dirt" and not on a highway will have a rude awakeneing one day. If the Shrek Driver was so experienced then like others say, he had no business wheeling across the lower section of Comp. He was obviously more concerned with showing off then anyone elses safety including his own or anyone in the car with him.

Its guy's like him that give fuel to the fire for shutting down our riding spots!! As a bike and occasinal quad rider I cant tell you how many times some big rail just cuts though your line or goes wherever the hell he wants because he knows you are the "little guy" whos going to move outta his way.

By the way, any of you who have been hit by a rock while doing something stupid, good chance it was me...

Im a practice what you preach guy and I have also donated to Charlie, I have only seen a couple people say they have, but I see DOZENS of ramblings of people who havnt. Law suits or not the guy who hit Charlie and the owner of the LT car obviously have plenty of $$$ and you better believe if I see his car all fixed up and duning while Charlie is still recovering theres gonna be an altercation!!!!!!!!

Live and learn my freind live and learn :headbang1::drunk::grin:

well there are always variables in life....but if you have been running the hill, or it is a "Flawless run" then do just that...

its not a perfect world, and no one expect it to be. just do YOUR part as a Duner and follow some simple guidelines

:drunk: I just brought it up because someone also made a good point that effers were still running the hill why the medics were trying to assist the injured. Sooooo I can only imagine how it would be if someone broke down up there. That's actually why I don't run my "under powered" rail up comp on any busy occasion. I'll just be in the way of the "big ballers" and would probably get chastised by the comp hill camp racers that egg everyone else on to do stupid $hit.

Also, not to pick on you Cole, but who is teaching these guidelines to the newbies? I was actually surprised to hear you had to run the hill in one direction only. My one thought there was....."where are the traffic lanes and signs to tell you this BS?"

IMO the disrespect in the dunes has grown.......and it sucks. :headbang1:

:grin:

i guess its more of common knowledge, growin up around glamis and buttercup, thats how i had seen it done, and when i came out to dumont thats how i have seen most people do it as well. iam not saying that it is law, but just have some sence of direction, and some common courtsey.

look I jump the hell out of my bike, and i even wheelie up comp, and i crash too.....I have never taken anyone out, and any damage that i do to myself is more or less a self inflicted wound, iam not going to walk around in bubblewrap my whole life. and when you sit around the camp fire and talk about "Good times" some ...no wait....all of us have done some stupid stuff. good, bad, right or wrong. iam just learning a bit later than others.

my crash on craigs quad was stupid, i still cant walk right. and it cost me alot of money that i didnt really have. it almost cost a great friendship as well....so with that iam learning more and more. Its time for a rhino / sand sprite and relax and just play around. i dont want to be any more responsable for someone getting hurt because of something stupid, accidents will happen...and they usually happen to me..so with that Iam done with my rant.

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A CAR!!! he better hope he has a kick a$$ policy because guess what!! HE is liable and they will come after him!!!! and you say Poor Randy has a busted car when this guy will not be able to work for months and probably NEVER fully recover Jack A$$.........................

My thoughts and prayers are for Charlie and his family, and I cant even imagine what this was like for his wife and kid to see his dad get hit like that.. Sorry if my post above is too harsh but... well thats how I feel

Re-read my post..

Nobody gives a crap about the car but Randy.

I swear, I think some peeps read the first 5 words of a post then form an opinion and run off the mouth....

sheesh....

Re-read my post..

Nobody gives a crap about the car but Randy.

I swear, I think some peeps read the first 5 words of a post then form an opinion and run off the mouth....

sheesh....

Hey your the one that said on top of a terrible tragedy Randy has a busted car...(like anybody cares) so you opened that flood gate!

Hey your the one that said on top of a terrible tragedy Randy has a busted car...(like anybody cares) so you opened that flood gate!

On top of a terrible tragedy, Randy has a busted car so HE WILL WANT to FIND and TURN IN THIS GUY TOO NOT TO MENTION THE LEGAL RAMIFICATIONS THAT MAY BE FACING THE OWNER OF THE CAR(this was before the post that claimed he never took off from the scene in the first place).

This accident was the result of PURE STUPIDITY. An act of ACTING before THINKING. The driver should never be allowed to offroad again. These are MHO's

As stated in my earlier post Wheelies on a crowded hill (my definition of crowded is more than 1) is just plain stupid. It's showing off at the risk of others. Yeah, cool car but slow the eff down. You are in a crowd. I have said these things to peeps before DURING or right after the act.

Maybe those of us who know should educate those who don't know. WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP AVOID accidents like this by teaching others.

Are you just a hater or just hate me cuz I am a new poster?

I meant no offense just want to spur a bout of educating those who don't know proper duning etticate (sp?).

On top of a terrible tragedy, Randy has a busted car so HE WILL WANT to FIND and TURN IN THIS GUY TOO NOT TO MENTION THE LEGAL RAMIFICATIONS THAT MAY BE FACING THE OWNER OF THE CAR(this was before the post that claimed he never took off from the scene in the first place).

This accident was the result of PURE STUPIDITY. An act of ACTING before THINKING. The driver should never be allowed to offroad again. These are MHO's

As stated in my earlier post Wheelies on a crowded hill (my definition of crowded is more than 1) is just plain stupid. It's showing off at the risk of others. Yeah, cool car but slow the eff down. You are in a crowd. I have said these things to peeps before DURING or right after the act.

Maybe those of us who know should educate those who don't know. WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP AVOID accidents like this by teaching others.

Are you just a hater or just hate me cuz I am a new poster?

I meant no offense just want to spur a bout of educating those who don't know proper duning etticate (sp?).

dude I am not a hater! and GREAT post above! Welcome to DDR :drunk: lots of good peeps and if you thought I was just picking on you.. not my intention :grin: .. bad deal, and lots of emotions is all!! :headbang1:

"Quote" Also, not to pick on you Cole, but who is teaching these guidelines to the newbies? I was actually surprised to hear you had to run the hill in one direction only. My one thought there was....."where are the traffic lanes and signs to tell you this BS?"

I do have to say that I have only been riding since april of this year. That was actually my first trip to D as well.

There was a definite flow of traffic on comp everytime I've been and it was easy to notice.

This may change on the big weekends since I have only been to D on off weekends.

I was a Olds in glamis this weekend and I couldn't believe the chaos on that hill. There was no way I was going up it. People were coming down and going up in every direction as well as rails doing whatever they pleased.

I'm just trying to say I've been able to easily spot a "Flow" of traffic and follow it.

Edited by suzltr450rider

Thanks for the words Paul.

suz,

There is a definite flow to the hill: buggies stay to the right to go up, turn left, and go down on the left.

This is a basic rule everybody needs to know. It might save lives.

Personally, in a sand car on busy weekends, I don't even like to go up the hill and might hit it once or twice but very easy.... and usually when it lightens up.

Like I said earlier. The person doing the wheelie in the rail is resposible for making sure its clear before doing so. But why is everyone here assuming that people that do wheelies in rails are just showing off? ITS FUN AS fk!!! I personally dont wheelie my car to show off. I do it because its fun. Are the guys that are doing wheelies on there quads or bikes doing it to show off also? Theres a time and a place to wheelie. Weather its in a car or on a bike. The hill on a crowded weekend, Not a good place. The camping area, ALSO not a good place.

Like I said earlier. The person doing the wheelie in the rail is resposible for making sure its clear before doing so. But why is everyone here assuming that people that do wheelies in rails are just showing off? ITS FUN AS fk!!! I personally dont wheelie my car to show off. I do it because its fun. Are the guys that are doing wheelies on there quads or bikes doing it to show off also? Theres a time and a place to wheelie. Weather its in a car or on a bike. The hill on a crowded weekend, Not a good place. The camping area, ALSO not a good place.

OP,

I like to wheelie too and like you said; there's a time and a place. Sounds like you and I and most others on this board know that time and place.

The time and place is NOT the hill on halloween weekend..

The unfortunate thing is those who don't know the proper time and place are not on this or any other Board. They are the guys who saw a video of some experienced driver pulling one on an empty-hill day, thoght it looked WAY COOL, took out a home equity loan and bought a LT LSx as his first rail. Nobody taught him how to transition, traverse, or shoot a hill safely. They have a higher incident rate and break their stuff more often.

The difference between breaking your stuff and causing a multiple vehicle accident is just placement. You are either in the right place= busted stuff, wrong place=accident

Again, JMHOs.......

Live and learn my freind live and learn :headbang1::drunk::grin:

the times have changed.

i got into an accident on my quad in the dirt which resulted in a criminal and monetary penalty. i'm not going to go into it further than that.

the driver of the rail will be held responsible, along with the owner of the rail i assure you.

Accidents happen and hindsight is twenty twenty. We all need to kick a few dollars torward the medical bills to help out the family. Say a prayer for a speedy recovery and open our eyes to the real dangers of busy weekends. I usually do not post just enjoy the stories, but this anger from people will not solve the issue of dangerous driving and not paying attention to :D

Accidents happen and hindsight is twenty twenty. We all need to kick a few dollars torward the medical bills to help out the family. Say a prayer for a speedy recovery and open our eyes to the real dangers of busy weekends. I usually do not post just enjoy the stories, but this anger from people will not solve the issue of dangerous driving and not paying attention to :D

Thank you very much. At least SOME people share the same attitude. :D:headbang1:

I made my donation yesterday....

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/charlie_donations.html

Thank you very much. At least SOME people share the same attitude. :D:headbang1:

I made my donation yesterday....

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/charlie_donations.html

Right on Pete. :drunk:

I just made a donation to Charlie and his family too.

I know everything and anything positive will help them out.

I know there's a lot of anger in this topic, but

I'm sad for everyone involved in this situation. :(

R-

Hope and prayers for a speedy recovery for Charlie. Maybe we need to get together and make an album of the pictures after the crashes and show them to the a$$hats doing stupid stuff to show them what happens. Maybe that would make them think twice before doing stupid stuff.

I have been going to Dumont since the early 80's and have seen the dunes get more dangerous over the years. Back in the old days, you only had to worry about riding off a dropoff, rolling your three-wheeler, or injuring yourself. Now, you have so many people out there you have to be aware what is going on all around you at all times. I am confident in my riding abilities but it is everyone else that I worry about. I have been riding the dunes many times and had seen someone come flying over a dune with no spotter and nearly hit someone. And its not just rails; its quads and dirtbikes too. Doing a wheelie in a rail in a crowded area is the best definition of "Stupid" that I can think of. And because there is no "right of way" in the dunes, everyone needs to be aware of all the riders around them. Both parties usually share some fault when there is a collision.

That being said, I hope Charlie fully recovers from his injuries.

I cant believe someone has the nerve to say poor guy with the car, unbelieveable.

Anyway I came on to say hi to everyone and thank everyone for thier kind words and donations. We got over $500 in donations today alone. You guys kick a$$.

Charlie sounded like sh*t when I talked to him today but he said he was ok. He told me he thought he was dead. Pretty scary sh*t.