what did you get for xmas

vegas style

my son cleaned house,as he does EVERY christmas!! :stirthepot:

he had three Christmas's. He is the ONLY grandson on BOTH side, and gets spoiled every year ( and its pissin me off cause we have NO room in my house for all of his shi, errrrrrrrr stuff :stirthepot:

i got a lot of coal (we call 100$ bills coal) that im gettin ready to go spend some of this morning, a bottle of blue agave repesado tequila, 1910, which, imo is WAAAAAAAAY smoother than patron, a fox shirt from my in-laws, deflators from my wife, about 100 bucks in gift cert to starbucks

we had 28 people over for dinner last night...prime rib, smoked turkey, deep fried turkey, ham, 4 kinds of potatos, green beans, salad

then dessert...2 kinds of homemade ice cream, 3 pumpkin pies, 2 cream pies, coconut cake, brownies, cobbler......and a bunch of other stuff i cannot remember

good times with good peeps

post-457-1198682109_thumb.jpg

Edited by richard cheese

This was the 1st year we got the family things out of the way befor Christmas day so Pete and I got to spend it all by ourselves. I got home from work and he was still in his PJ's and had fresh coffee and cookies out. Once we finished that portion of the lounging we started drinking wassel and wine while kinda cleaning the house. Once we had a little buzz we started boat shopping!! Good times and very relaxing; so far this has been the best Christmas :xmas3:

This was the 1st year we got the family things out of the way befor Christmas day so Pete and I got to spend it all by ourselves. I got home from work and he was still in his PJ's and had fresh coffee and cookies out. Once we finished that portion of the lounging we started drinking wassel and wine while kinda cleaning the house. Once we had a little buzz we started boat shopping!! Good times and very relaxing; so far this has been the best Christmas :xmas3:

yeah we planned on a no family day yesterday but guess what FAMILY STILL CAME OVER :rant_on: :stirthepot:

Guest Crasher

We aren't much for gift exchanging on xmas, but still I got a few things. A funny clock, a gift card to a very nice Italian restaurant (panevino), a bottle of Jim Beam Black, a wine preserver, and some new running pants and shirt.

These things are priceless though...

-a day off work

-hanging out with Anna and my family on Christmas Eve (we celebrate on christmas eve, not christmas day)

-Mom's home cooked christmas dinner :stirthepot: :xmas1:

-enjoying a few glasses of Wossel while watching A Christmas story with family :xmas4: :xmas3:

Panevino is awesome Pete!! One of my favs for sure. :stirthepot:

By the way, explain to me what "Wossel" is???? We were talking about that last night at dinner and no one knew what the hell it was! What's in it??? :xmas4:

I gotz me a Blue Ray player... what a difference from DVD. Still looking for that 7.1 dolby movie though.... All my kids got an Ipod and new bikes (thanks Rhino King they loved em!) I got my wife a wine chiller that will bring a bottle to correct temp in 20 min. She tried it out last night and after a few she got to efed up to care about the temp so I guess my gift was perfectly planned LOL

I gotz me a Blue Ray player... what a difference from DVD. Still looking for that 7.1 dolby movie though.... All my kids got an Ipod and new bikes (thanks Rhino King they loved em!) I got my wife a wine chiller that will bring a bottle to correct temp in 20 min. She tried it out last night and after a few she got to efed up to care about the temp so I guess my gift was perfectly planned LOL

I have to agree what a difference Blue Ray and HD-DVD make!!!! Course you have to have the LCD or plasma to show that quality off. But yes what a difference

on a side note, if your interested in a Blue-Ray player and a PS3 they do the same!!! so you get the bang for your dollar that way!

Now the question for video buffs... who will win that war?? its kind of a VHS and Beta war with Blue-Ray and HD-DVD :stirthepot::stirthepot:

Did she get paddled too??? :blink::stirthepot::driver:

:stirthepot:

Panevino is awesome Pete!! One of my favs for sure. :xmas1:

By the way, explain to me what "Wossel" is???? We were talking about that last night at dinner and no one knew what the hell it was! What's in it??? :xmas4:

Wossel is a drink that my dad used to make and my mom carried on the tradition after he passed away )18 years ago). It's a mix of cider, Brandy, sliced oranges, cinnamon, and many other ingredients/ spices that I can't remember. You simmer it it and serve it warm.

We are making a batch on New Years Eve at Dumont so you'll have to try a cup. :xmas4: The best part about it is that it is like inscence (sp?) and makes the whole house (or toyhauler in this case) smell really good. :D

got tools and socks but the best gift was a nerf gun to shoot the kids.

I got my grandsons Marshmellow Shooters. They had a blast with them. The 4 year old just like eating the marshmellows. He didn't care if they had been on the floor. The 10 second rule doesn't apply to a 4 yr old.

:stirthepot:

Wossel is a drink that my dad used to make and my mom carried on the tradition after he passed away )18 years ago). It's a mix of cider, Brandy, sliced oranges, cinnamon, and many other ingredients/ spices that I can't remember. You simmer it it and serve it warm.

We are making a batch on New Years Eve at Dumont so you'll have to try a cup. :xmas4: The best part about it is that it is like inscence (sp?) and makes the whole house (or toyhauler in this case) smell really good. :D

Took me a while to find it.....it's Wassail. Looks tasty and has many different variations. click

Thanks for sharing the tradition. :stirthepot:

I got my grandsons Marshmellow Shooters. They had a blast with them. The 4 year old just like eating the marshmellows. He didn't care if they had been on the floor. The 10 second rule doesn't apply to a 4 yr old.

I got a marshmallow shooter too,they're not just for kids.

I think it will be great around the camp fire :stirthepot:

:flipoff:

That drink sounds awesome!!! I'm gonna have to try and make it!!! :lol:

I got all kinds of stuff for Christmas. One thing that was funny was that I got 2 sets of knives and my aunt is also supposed to be giving me knives! I wanted really good knives because ours suck, so my sister got me a really cool set or Henckels, but we didn't like the handles. Mark got me a set too (he said that's what I get for talking about it on DDR). We're returning those, too because he got them at Costco (easy return). I'm exchanging my sisters for another Pro set of Henckels with better handles.

I also got a nice set of front dune tires for my quad. Rocky Mountain sent us the wrong set of rims - Mark was p*ssed, so he ordered them from somewhere else and they arrived FEDEX today. Yeah!!! I also got a new set of goggles, a really cool So Cal jacket, a Fox beanie, socks & playing cards, dinner and movie gift cards. Mark also got some WE gifts - like bling for the Rhino!

The most hilarious thing was that we each got each other a California Duster and wrapped them identically! We're definitely meant to be together!

My mom got me a Coach purse - yeahhhh!!! - and some jammy pants from Abercrombie!

All in all, it was a great Christmas! We made an awesome prime rib, creamed corn (Gulliver's recipe), salad and lots of wine!!! My parents came out, so we got to spend time with both sets of family! It was GREAT!

:xmas4:

Edited by Kitcat

I got tools, a 3 gallon craftsman air compressor, one of those fancy craftsman roll around stool thingys... and graphics for my bike..

My landlord is awesome... i had mentioned to him a while back that i thought the skulls w/ black rose pedals would look awesome as a set of graphics since blue is my fav color and he said i will have a surprise for ya when you drop off the rent.. these things are bitchin looking.

blueskulls.jpg

Guest Crasher

:thumb:

Yes, that is very delicious beverage!!! Thanks for letting me have some on NYE. It definitely hit the spot!!! :DDRrocks:

I got tools, a 3 gallon craftsman air compressor, one of those fancy craftsman roll around stool thingys... and graphics for my bike..

My landlord is awesome... i had mentioned to him a while back that i thought the skulls w/ black rose pedals would look awesome as a set of graphics since blue is my fav color and he said i will have a surprise for ya when you drop off the rent.. these things are bitchin looking.

blueskulls.jpg

Nice....love the skull :thumb: even though some think they are outdated!

even my wife liked those which was a first for me.. she is usually againt that kind of stuff and when she said i like those i was like NICE!!..

Now i just gotta save up for new plastics LOL..