Guess the weight

dunefreak

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this like Price is Right? Do you win the car, if you get closest to the price without overbidding?

:beer_bang: :laughoff::laughoff:

No it's just to see what everyone thinks it weighs first. I think everyone will be quite suprised as well. :laughoff:

No it's just to see what everyone thinks it weighs first. I think everyone will be quite suprised as well. :laughoff:

i was surprised :MBdance: ....

but i smell foul play here :laughoff: ...there is at least one guy with insider knowledge :MBdance:

moderator; please disqualify him !!!!

j/k :beer_bang: :laughoff:

I was talking to Ryan a few months ago and He said it was going to be 4000lbs.

When Pete said Ryan was suprised I figured it was lighter.

Dayaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn close! :MBdance:

He could work at the carnival with Steve Martin in "The Jerk". :laughoff:

Never cared for Patty Bernstein though. :laughoff:

Yeah, I'm old, but the Jerk is still one of my favorites.

That's heavy for the sand, but you guys said it does awesome. :beer_bang:

Ryan, You goin' out for MLK???? :MBdance:

:laughoff::MBdance:

R-

Edited by Randog

ya just had to let it out, huh? :beer_bang:

Yep, that is one HEAVY lead sled. :laughoff:

oh yes ... weight adds up quickly.... that "jacuzzi pump" sized fuel pump with the AN-12! lines alone must be 100lbs :laughoff: .... but if you want to feed a beast you better bring the fuel in buckets :laughoff::D

seriously ; Porky (but IMHO a car with that HP and speed potential needs a lot of "beef" just to be safe in a crash and/or rollover)

im very happy with the front to rear weight distribution (right on target )

4041 lbs with fuel about 1/4 tank (approx. 8 gal. gas) but it is 1800 front and 2240 rear (with 2 people in car perfect balance!)

I guess I am a day late and a dollar short I knew it would have been right around that my 1-3/4 l/t with a 632 big block weighs in at 3700lbs with out passengers .I hope you think like me and never wanna get stuck in the dunes because I dont know what could pull us out. Car turned out great Paul sand blower has been telling me about this monster :stirthepot:

I guess I am a day late and a dollar short I knew it would have been right around that my 1-3/4 l/t with a 632 big block weighs in at 3700lbs with out passengers .I hope you think like me and never wanna get stuck in the dunes because I dont know what could pull us out. Car turned out great Paul sand blower has been telling me about this monster :freakin_nuts:

Ryan got it stuck already (actually i should say I got it stuck; the 80A main fuse popped in the worst spot possible...i have to replace it with a 100A)

P1020754.JPG

but after replacing the fuse he just powered out of it :flipoff::flipoff:

first i didnt like the idea to run them huge 39" rear tires but it looks like the traction is just phenomenal :flipoff:

Ryans V-Rex and Pauls sister car mark the end of a aera for me; they are the last all steel tube space frame car ....i`m switching to a complete new construction that is mainly aluminum. IMHO it is the only way to loose weight but still keep my high safety standard

after riding with Ryan this weekend i would like to add this comments:

even at low boost Ryans car has at least 2x the power of a regular LT car. the car can reach speeds well over 100mph in a hartbeat (and my hart was pounding fast :wedgie: :laughoff: )

sure, if that engine would be in a lightweight frame it would be even faster....but would i ride in it ??; NO!!

safety is very important for me; there is not a single tube or a single steel plate on that car that i would feel that i could do without it.

i think Ryans car is closer to a Trophy Truck then a dune buggie....and a TT is usually even heavier

some may think the car will get stuck a lot with all that weight . all i can say to that is that i will post some pics here shortly that may change some minds; a guy that was camping next to us broke a rear wheel off of his big LT in the middle of the dunes. Ryan dragged him up and over the dunes and all the way back to camp. just like that :laughoff: no big roost, no heavy throttle, no sweat, no problem :dope: .... V-Rex pulls like a frigging JohnDeer on drugs :drunk::flipoff:

My V8 Rail was 3100 lbs and 50-50 empty.

4000 lbs. is nuts.

sorry dude, but IMHO you dont qualify as a expert here :dope:

btw your "EX"-car (you know; the POS that you claim does not work) was with us out there this weekend; it was a blast watching Danny "Crazytrain" Murphy ripping the dunes apart with that car :beercheers:

the "permanent grin :grin: " on Dannys face after a dune run is what makes building cars so much fun for me :D

IMHO i`m tired of your negative comments; i suggest that you just get over it and move on ;)