Buh-Bye Tax Refund........

dinicolady

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet ride! Just beware, those 700s are heavy and scary fast!

Thanx, been on one a few times!! They weigh in at 516 lbs, which is a bit lighter than my ol' Trail Boss 325. My issue with them is the weight is in the back (fuel tank), so the front end really likes to come up on you. Could get sticky rock climbing in Logandale. :beercheers:

Funny story, our last trip out to Dumont was the first time I ran with paddles on the Polaris, it felt like I had gained some hp! I actually took Banshee Hill!! Granted, I was crawlin' towards the top, but I thought, "this is cool"..... until I jumped on my sister in-law's 700. Didn't even "feel" like I was on a hill. SaWeeeeeet!! :eatdrink021:

Thank you Mark! You and the family comin' out for cleanup weekend?? :D

:mischevious: Glad to hear it Pete!! :dunno:

I hope to, I would like to help protect the area that we all love to ride at. It might be just me if I can swing it and a couple of others.

that quad is a beast

my relatives own one

its rolled over on 3 people

broke my aunts ribs screwed up some dudes back and some other dude walked away

they are really heavy and its gonna hurt if it falls on u

it is a very clean bike and i have ridden one before

can make it up anything at dumont just a little unstable on the ridges

congratulations tho

im sure u wont have problems with it considering uve used a bigger quad b4

but for us little quad people

we're panzys when it comes to the kawi 700

Guest Crasher

I am gonna miss that big ol' bag!! Seriously. And so are the kids.....the cooler part, they stuff jackets in there, well you know, a little bit of everything! We could do an overnight campout as much as that thing holds. :mischevious:

It's funny you asked that, 'cause I was online the other day and found a neat bag that hangs over the fender, but at least I do already have the new six pack rack installed.

P11048346.jpg

We will be doing a big girls-only ride cleanup weekend, right?!? I'll now be able to keep up with the best of ya's! :dunno: (And my kids too :lol: )

That thing is pretty cool!!! Yes, we WILL be doing a big girls only ride for sure. My broken butt is much better, so I'm all ready to go now!! :drunk: Can't wait!! :lol:

Be carefull mom, those things are powerfull, but also very top heavy!! I was VERY surprised to hear you swapping on a twist throttle. Those are usually 90% the cause of a LOOP over on a quad. You have to be carefull of your "grip" so you dont twist more throttle when your weight shifts back under acceleration...

A warning to all, DONT TAKE AMARGOSA LIGHTLY!! It may be "small" compaired to Dumont, but its far more DANGEROUS!! The sand is lighter (less traction, steeper hills) and the transitions from hill to flats are VERY abrupt!!

You and pops really missed out this weekend, the weather was perfect Sat. and only a little windy Sunday. Rain was light and only at night time...

A warning to all, DONT TAKE AMARGOSA LIGHTLY!! It may be "small" compaired to Dumont, but its far more DANGEROUS!! The sand is lighter (less traction, steeper hills) and the transitions from hill to flats are VERY abrupt!!

I completely agree. Very sharp transitions on both top and bottoms.

Awesome!!! I did the same last year to get mine. Now just don't go hurting yourself on the test run before Dumont :idiot: like my dumbazz did... Overconfident much, on a completely different bike than I was riding before... Yeah I think I learned my lesson, :surrender: :ban-split:

That thing is pretty cool!!! Yes, we WILL be doing a big girls only ride for sure. My broken butt is much better, so I'm all ready to go now!! :headbang1: Can't wait!! :MBdance:

:dope: Ready to rock and <NOT> roll!! :driver: Glad to hear you are healing up! :D

Congratulations!! :eatdrink021:

You've been wanting that one for a while now!!

Thanks Jodi! You gonna be in on this girls' only ride too?!? :woo_hoo:

Congrats Kelly,I am very happy for you I know how long you have been waiting.Nice Bike :beer_bang:

:lol: there stranger! Made it home without any frost bite I hope! You guys decide on cleanup weekend yet? It's gettin' closer!

Be carefull mom, those things are powerfull, but also very top heavy!! I was VERY surprised to hear you swapping on a twist throttle. Those are usually 90% the cause of a LOOP over on a quad. You have to be carefull of your "grip" so you dont twist more throttle when your weight shifts back under acceleration...can you say whiplash?!? :eatdrink021:

You forget I am used to a "twisty". Two reasons I don't like the thumb throttle: I prefer the full-on grip I get with both hands with the twist, and #2, my hand gets SO sore and "crampy" with the thumb throttle. Shelley's has the twist and I have ridden hers quite a few times, even rock crawlin' in Utah. I made no mistakes. :D

That's why I wanted to go out with someone familiar with the area.

You and pops really missed out this weekend, the weather was perfect Sat. and only a little windy Sunday. Rain was light and only at night time...

I know, I know!! I was bummed. But pops has been fightin' with this damn cold all week and he got called into work at 6:30 Sat morning.....somethin' broke up on the mountain and he didn't get home til late afternoon. Overtime. :dope:

I completely agree. Very sharp transitions on both top and bottoms.

I am actually leary of taking an unfamiliar quad out for the first run in unfamiliar territory!! Truthfully, I really would be more comfortable at Dumont.

Awesome!!! I did the same last year to get mine. Now just don't go hurting yourself on the test run before Dumont :headbang1: like my dumbazz did... Overconfident much, on a completely different bike than I was riding before... Yeah I think I learned my lesson, :dope: :beer_bang:

Thanks Amanda, :lol: Not over confident here!! Shoot, I only really started pushing the ol' Trail Boss to places it didn't know it could go up until the past 2 seasons. Had to, my kids got too good on their quads and it was necessary to head to the sand and off the trails. It's nerve racking to say the least and I know my limits. :eatdrink021:

Thanks Jodi! You gonna be in on this girls' only ride too?!? :eatdrink021:

When and where??!!!

I am definately ready to get some more quad time in!! I rode for a little Prez weekend and had to remember how to ride, was having some probs with it being all over the place and then I took it to the Honda Guru and he told me there was wayyy too much air in them there new paddles! :lol:

Thanks again Craig :D

So yeah! I never got to take it back out after he let some air out! :dope:

Edited by sand chick

When and where??!!!

I am definately ready to get some more quad time in!! I rode for a little Prez weekend and had to remember how to ride, was having some probs with it being all over the place and then I took it to the Honda Guru and he told me there was wayyy too much air in them there new paddles! :dunno:

Thanks again Craig :D

So yeah! I never got to take it back out after he let some air out! :rolleyes:

Cleanup weekend, hard to plan an exact time but hopin' for as often as possible!! :surrender:

bring it on girlie :beat: im just hoping we get out there for clean-up so we can go for that ride...always have fun with you

:clap: I hope so too!! Ahhhhh, :old: thanks, I enjoy your company also!

that quad is a beast

my relatives own one

its rolled over on 3 people

broke my aunts ribs screwed up some dudes back and some other dude walked away

they are really heavy and its gonna hurt if it falls on u

it is a very clean bike and i have ridden one before

can make it up anything at dumont just a little unstable on the ridges

congratulations tho

im sure u wont have problems with it considering uve used a bigger quad b4

but for us little quad people

we're panzys when it comes to the kawi 700

Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin', huh?!? :freakin_nuts:

Any quad can roll but not all quads are this heavy, so true, it would hurt!! post-1889-1204256514_thumb.gif post-1889-1204256548_thumb.gif

One of our former camping suspects had a 700 just like this one (orange) but her ex-hubby had piped it and I'm sure he did a few other mods to it. She got stoopid on it on more than one occasion and it flicked her like a booger!! Shoulder/back injuries, and even some cuts and bruises (rocky flats make for some scars!) The cooler rack on my s-i-law's kept it from rolling over on her when she gassed it up some rocks at Logandale....the rock still has the scrape marks but she managed to not get hurt.

The panzy comment makes me :freakin_nuts: