What is DDR?

~JILL~

What is DDR? What do you consider it to be?

A: group, gang, club, gathering place, just a forum, just a web site?

Next question, what does it mean to you?

Is it just for Info, make new friends, stay in touch with old friends or entertainment?

Possibly all the above?

Just curious to see what everyone says.

Edited by JILL

a place for information, meet new peeps, and an all around bad a$$ website :D

The amount of information provided on this website about the place we love to ride is outstanding. The comraderi between members and other orginizations to make our riding area better is awesome. The ability to meet new people and expand the community and use that to keep peopel aware of things like the lizard and the out of bounds area and to help generally keep dumont clean.

There of course are the azzhats but what website doesnt have em :P

I never had logged onto any forums untill I saw an ad for DDR when I was browsing through Duneguide.com last year.

I have now added my self to a couple other sites and check them out every once in awhile when I'm bored.

There is no better site than DDR.com. This is my homepage and I check out just about every thread there is everyday.

The peeps here have fun and that is what it is all about. I have found no better entertainment on the web than what gets posted here.

It really feels like a close group of friends here rather than just a place where you can anonomously (sp?) speak your mind or write whatever you want and not worry about people knowing who you really are.

Look at how many showed up for the night drags this year. These are people we have only met through the keyboard yet we are willing to drive for up to 4 hours for some for one night of fun with more or less complete strangers. Awsome!

I love DDR because I dont have reliable friends who I can count on to drive for 3 hours to go camping and duning with me. I have been able to stroll up to complete strangers and ask if I can park and camp with them and I had one of the best times I've ever had with those people.

Dunefreak, ISBB and all of the Admins have worked thier azzes off to keep this great site running. DDR is not just a website but a community. :driver::thumb:

I never had logged onto any forums untill I saw an ad for DDR when I was browsing through Duneguide.com last year.

I have now added my self to a couple other sites and check them out every once in awhile when I'm bored.

There is no better site than DDR.com. This is my homepage and I check out just about every thread there is everyday.

The peeps here have fun and that is what it is all about. I have found no better entertainment on the web than what gets posted here.

It really feels like a close group of friends here rather than just a place where you can anonomously (sp?) speak your mind or write whatever you want and not worry about people knowing who you really are.

Look at how many showed up for the night drags this year. These are people we have only met through the keyboard yet we are willing to drive for up to 4 hours for some for one night of fun with more or less complete strangers. Awsome!

I love DDR because I dont have reliable friends who I can count on to drive for 3 hours to go camping and duning with me. I have been able to stroll up to complete strangers and ask if I can park and camp with them and I had one of the best times I've ever had with those people.

Dunefreak, ISBB and all of the Admins have worked thier azzes off to keep this great site running. DDR is not just a website but a community. :driver::thumb:

I am tearing up here ! :kissass: Not really, but I couldn't have said it better myself :thumb::flipoff:

DDR is a place that i go for entertainment, friends, news, and i couldnt ask for a better group of people!

there is always someone here to help out, or needs help, we all have the same interest's and we all can get along for the most part....still havent met anyone on here that i dont like..

Interesting topic.

ISBB and ltr450rider said it pretty well. :clown:

DDR: a community website for people who go to Dumont who ride, dune, and do whatever it is they go out there to do.

What it means to me: uhhh....that is what it means to me ^. Seriously though :headbang1: I've met some GREAT people through this site. Some of them are now my best friends. :headbang1: Whatever it is we've done, we've all definitley found a way to attract some of the best damn people that go out to the dunes. This site is some of the best entertainment ever too. I don't even watch TV anymore. :laughing:

It's funny all the different things I've heard DDR.com be referred to over the years. Like OGP said, "One person claims that DDR saved their life". Too funny. I've heard everything from club, organization, click, gang, group, alcoholics, a-holes, jerks, and even....(are you ready for this)...."The Hells Angels of Dumont!". :blah: :?: Some people come up with some wierd azz chit and have quite the perception of things. That's fo sho. :usa::woo_hoo:

Really, all it is is a website for the Dumont community. Some people take it more serious than that. There's definitley a big mix of different kinds of peeps out there these days. I've even heard some people say feel they fit in better with other websites, or they've quit the club. :blah::blah: Once you start saying or posting chit like that, you have failed at life and need to poke yourself in the eye with a sharp object. :idea: It's just a website for people who go to Dumont. There is no click, there is no IN crowd, none of that bs. Just a bunch of duners and friends who like bs'ing w/ each other about duning.

A place where some people are IN and some people are considered OUT but will never know it :usa:

And theres def a few that I wish would leave!!! Country and all. Just kidding. Even the people that push the boundries, have their avatars removed, talk trash about politics even when they cant vote,play dumb look into this bottle tricks are still welcome here. Well all but 1! And that FIDDY is gone. buh bye :headbang1:

There is no click, there is no IN crowd, none of that bs. Just a bunch of duners and friends who like bs'ing w/ each other about duning.

A-FREAKIN-MEN!!!

Some people just cant get that thru their head.. Just because they arent your bestest buddie in the world doesnt mean chit.. There are good friends whom you hang out with and talk to all the time.. and there are aquaintences.. 95% of ddr are aquantences of whom we dont hang out all the time with or ever meet in person for that matter. Just because ive met you doesnt mean i like you or dislike you. Hell you have to get past a handshake in order to figure out if the guy is a cool or is a fiddy. People take websites way to damn seriously by basing their social lifes around them.. Go out get some real freakin friends and quit living your social life behind a damn keyboard.

A-FREAKIN-MEN!!!

Some people just cant get that thru their head.. Just because they arent your bestest buddie in the world doesnt mean chit.. There are good friends whom you hang out with and talk to all the time.. and there are aquaintences.. 95% of ddr are aquantences of whom we dont hang out all the time with or ever meet in person for that matter. Just because ive met you doesnt mean i like you or dislike you. Hell you have to get past a handshake in order to figure out if the guy is a cool or is a fiddy. People take websites way to damn seriously by basing their social lifes around them.. Go out get some real freakin friends and quit living your social life behind a damn keyboard.

Tru dat... :usa: I never liked any of you guys either (LMAO)

:headbang1::headbang1: