LOCK UP YOUR BIKES..

Dune Dad

Its going to be a great Halloween weekend, But dont forget to lock up yout things and the BIKES!!!

I sure there will be a little less people this year enjoying the dunes but you can count on THIEVES being out in the crouds..

Just a reminder to keep an eye on your sutff and lock up that Bike/Quad that you worked so hard for...

Every night when we are done riding I put the quads back on the trailer than run a thick cable through the frames and lock it up with a giant pad lock... Its a hassle but their still around...

As for catching a thief in the act .. If you are so lucky.. :DDRrocks::boxer::beat::mob: Remember you can restrain them to the best of your abilities until law enforcement arrive... :grin:

Just my :2cents:

Edited by Dune Family

some time ago we had a rail stolen from camp. we parked in a circle and would pull a tuck into the opening so nothing could fit out of the circle. by the look of the marks the thief’s put the rail on its side and squeezed it past a small opening then carried it out. it was a super light old school beam rail. We have always been very careful after this happened. I like to use a wire coming of my bike to the sand and the over to my camper. I then cover the wire in the sand. This is on top of a lock. If some unexpecting thief starts to push off my bike it will tug on the camper and I can run out loaded revolver in hand. The only bad thing is when someone from camp is messing around and shakes the camper they also get met with the loaded revolver. I have also become a very light sleeper at the dunes. And having dogs in the camp helps too.

some time ago we had a rail stolen from camp. we parked in a circle and would pull a tuck into the opening so nothing could fit out of the circle. by the look of the marks the thief’s put the rail on its side and squeezed it past a small opening then carried it out. it was a super light old school beam rail. We have always been very careful after this happened. I like to use a wire coming of my bike to the sand and the over to my camper. I then cover the wire in the sand. This is on top of a lock. If some unexpecting thief starts to push off my bike it will tug on the camper and I can run out loaded revolver in hand. The only bad thing is when someone from camp is messing around and shakes the camper they also get met with the loaded revolver. I have also become a very light sleeper at the dunes. And having dogs in the camp helps too.

Wow!!

How do some of these puke theives get such large bikes and rails away from camp? Sand is very quit but damn how do they do it..? I guess being a worthless dumb azz punk, you dont think of what if i get caught..

Did you ever get it back..?

Careful with the firearm... what if thats a Law Enforcement agent or something... :DDRrocks::2cents:

I know what your saying... It sucks that its come to these kind of securty measures..

Edited by Dune Family

Did you ever get it back..?

no

Careful with the firearm... what if that's a Law Enforcement agent or something...

that could be bad. i would hate to throw my gun down in the sand. and i really don't want some trigger happy law dog shooting me. hopefully it never happens.

Not only do I lock up all my little things, (ie. air compressor, air tank, gas cans, etc.) but I also lock that stuff to my buggy. As an extra added inconvienience for the would be MORONS, I also remove my coil wire, and my steering wheel from my car also. My thinking is that if they think they can push my car and all that stuff away without a steering wheel or a coil wire to fire it up and NOT make noise, then they deserve to get beat within an inch of their life when I catch them!!!!!

BTW, I have a 20' kryptonite cable that is also connected to either my trailer, or my MOHO!!!

:DDRrocks: :fro_smokin: :2cents::boxer::yiah:

It also helps to keep a small light on near your stuff. You'd be suprised how many thieves will stay away when toys are lit up. I leave my amber porch light on all night (and weekend :beercheers: )

you dont need to do that now...... your rail has a built-in glow paint job :booty::booty::booty::beercheers:

you dont need to do that now...... your rail has a built-in glow paint job :lol::usa::lol::beercheers:

I wrap a chain around my equipment right next to trailer with the chain going behing the support for the awning. Think I would hear anything that even thought of moving that chain.

No "big hole" piece for me but a 22 LR 9 shot revolver should do the job if needed!

Besides I know a guy...................!!! :chkn:

:lol:

I wrap a chain around my equipment right next to trailer with the chain going behing the support for the awning. Think I would hear anything that even thought of moving that chain.

No "big hole" piece for me but a 22 LR 9 shot revolver should do the job if needed!

Besides I know a guy...................!!! :beercheers:

YEAH SAWDAWG ,THINKIN WE BOTH KNOW THE GUY.

BUT HES RETIRED NOW.

YOU THINK HE WILL HELP US.

DO RETIREES MAKE MORE WHEN THEY HELP. LOL

YEAH THINKIN EVERYONE IN OUR CAMP CARRIES A GUN ANYWAY SO.

sorry for the caps thing.

if i catch someone I will hook them to my PURPLE ROCKET and drag them thru the dunes and laughing all the way. :lol:

then spray paint them. (just cause) :usa:

then drop them at another ddr camp and they can do the same until we have had our fun with them.

that should be a rule. im thinkin.

how many drags does it take to make the thieving quit. should be one. whos with me. :chkn:

:usa:

YEAH SAWDAWG ,THINKIN WE BOTH KNOW THE GUY.

BUT HES RETIRED NOW.

YOU THINK HE WILL HELP US.

DO RETIREES MAKE MORE WHEN THEY HELP. LOL

YEAH THINKIN EVERYONE IN OUR CAMP CARRIES A GUN ANYWAY SO.

sorry for the caps thing.

if i catch someone I will hook them to my PURPLE ROCKET and drag them thru the dunes and laughing all the way. :lol:

then spray paint them. (just cause) :shake:

then drop them at another ddr camp and they can do the same until we have had our fun with them.

that should be a rule. im thinkin.

how many drags does it take to make the thieving quit. should be one. whos with me. :lol:

Wow!!! I must be physic!! I'm packing for the trip and loading up the 45's, and thought I might sign on. Will 200 rounds be enough??? See ya Friday :beercheers: :chkn:

Wow!!! I must be physic!! I'm packing for the trip and loading up the 45's, and thought I might sign on. Will 200 rounds be enough??? See ya Friday :beercheers: :chkn:

I DONT KNOW..... HOW BAD A SHOT ARE YA............

JUST KIDN.

SEE YA FRIDAY................. GET THAT MARGARITA MACHINE READY............... :lol::lol:

LBR TIME....................

i need to say i have never had any theft issues at dumont.

but the nights i get up to check the toys are the loud windy nights. i have had whole camps (that were camped near) pack up overnight and pull out because of the wind. and i never even woke up. so i lock stuff up and sleep better.

Wow!!! I must be physic!! I'm packing for the trip and loading up the 45's, and thought I might sign on. Will 200 rounds be enough??? See ya Friday :sleeping::dunno:

Looks like a lot duners are armed... Great.. :think:

Just think of where that round is traveling to if you come out firing... If it gets down to something like that! Hopefully NOT!

A .22 cal bullet can travel 1 1/2 miles.

A .45 can blow a hole in the R.V. next to you the end size of a Coors Can.

9mm can travel farther than you think.

My duty weapon is a Glock .45 ACP with 13 round mags. My ammo is Winchester 230 grain hollow points "Black Talons" but not black. When I have fired my weapon(s) "Off Duty" I have always thought where is this bullet going and am I on target... If you miss and hit something else or someone near or far away.. YOU OWN IT!! Meaning that you will loose more than you think...

I would yell out to the idoit that you have a gun... That may make them run and keep you from taking another life... Oh .. And keep you out of prison.

I think everyone has the right to protect there property and there familys as thet see fit... Just dont think its the wild west..

:blink:

Just think of where that round is traveling to if you come out firing... If it gets down to something like that! Hopefully NOT!

My duty weapon is a Glock .45 ACP with 13 round mags. My ammo is Winchester 230 grain hollow points "Black Talons" but not black. When I have fired my weapon(s) "Off Duty" I have always thought where is this bullet going and am I on target... If you miss and hit something else or someone near or far away.. YOU OWN IT!! Meaning that you will loose more than you think...

I would yell out to the idoit that you have a gun... That may make them run and keep you from taking another life... Oh .. And keep you out of prison.

I think everyone has the right to protect there property and there familys as thet see fit... Just dont think its the wild west..

:sleeping:

y duty weapon is a Glock .45 ACP with 13 round mags. My ammo is Winchester 230 grain hollow points "Black Talons" but not black. When I have fired my weapon(s) "Off Duty" I have always thought where is this bullet going and am I on target... If you miss and hit something else or someone near or far away.. YOU OWN IT!! Meaning that you will loose more than you think...

:sleeping:

Bill, hate it when I hit the wrong key, anyway, if you read my profile you see I'm retired LE. Yes, I'm old, but not as old as SANDAWG :dunno: Usually camp around #6 pit stop. Alfa 40' toyhouse and gray F450. Stop by and shoot the bull, if not I know about where you camp and I'll look you up. I drive a red Sandrocket. See you at the meet and greet at the South Pole Sat.

Bill, hate it when I hit the wrong key, anyway, if you read my profile you see I'm retired LE. Yes, I'm old, but not as old as SANDAWG :sleeping: Usually camp around #6 pit stop. Alfa 40' toyhouse and gray F450. Stop by and shoot the bull, if not I know about where you camp and I'll look you up. I drive a red Sandrocket. See you at the meet and greet at the South Pole Sat.

Whoa!!!!!!!What's with the old guy thingee there "Pops" you'll be there soon enough! :think: