Officially done with 70's

wingnut

So.......I rebuilt the carb on the 70. I had to spray a little ether in the intake to get it to fire. I gave up for a second and poof, backfire and instant flames. The bike caught on fire and I'm done. Rear plastics and seat are fine(were off the bike) 90% of the metal parts are fine. Besides a burned arm and slightly "sunburned" face, I'm good too. The only think hurt is my pride :(

So, if anyone wants it for parts let me know. If not I'm going to tear it down, clean it up and part it out. It's and 84, 4 speed. Straight frame and Cali title. Sorry for the crappy pics, they're off my phone :beercheers:

post-184-1234935560_thumb.jpg

post-184-1234935579_thumb.jpg

post-184-1234935603_thumb.jpg

post-184-1234935621_thumb.jpg

post-184-1234935660_thumb.jpg

God dammmmmmmmit! :grin: I feel so bad for you and that poor 70 that got torched :( , but am laughing my a$$ off right now. Sorry bro :grin: Is it wrong to laugh? :bs::beercheers:

Seriously though. That sucks Craig. How bad is the motor? Don't give up yet. Give it time and you might wanna get her going again. More reason to paint it up.

Glad you are ok and the house didn't get torched. How chitty would THAT have been? "What were you doing?" "uhhh don't ask..." :banghead:

Let me know if you want some help. ;)

thats one of those moments that you step back shake your head and say did that really just happen? glad you didnt get too hurt or catch anything else on fire. in my little garage that would have been bad.

if you are over it let me know i might want to tackle the basket case

:lol: :moon:

^^^Thats only because when I bought mine I wanted to see if it would at least run on ether.

So I took the air fillter sides off and sprayed some it the carb...fired right up then back fired and caught the air filter and gas tank(spilled fuel) on fire. :ah: :ah:

Luckily I got it out quck with no damage.

Sorry to hear this Craig.Glad you did not get hurt.

• 10 months later...

So.......I rebuilt the carb on the 70. I had to spray a little ether in the intake to get it to fire. I gave up for a second and poof, backfire and instant flames. The bike caught on fire and I'm done. Rear plastics and seat are fine(were off the bike) 90% of the metal parts are fine. Besides a burned arm and slightly "sunburned" face, I'm good too. The only think hurt is my pride :(

So, if anyone wants it for parts let me know. If not I'm going to tear it down, clean it up and part it out. It's and 84, 4 speed. Straight frame and Cali title. Sorry for the crappy pics, they're off my phone :MBdance:

post-184-1234935560_thumb.jpg

post-184-1234935579_thumb.jpg

post-184-1234935603_thumb.jpg

post-184-1234935621_thumb.jpg

post-184-1234935660_thumb.jpg

With the regatta coming up, this was to priceless not to bring back up :headbang1:

Edited by mineurbiz

I forgot all about this thread...Thanks for bringing this back up mark... :freakin_nuts:

I was scanning the 70 section looking for the guy with the swinger chasis and came across this thread. I felt bad for Wingy, but now this is just funny chit!!

I never knew this thread existed. This bike has resurrected from the dead and it will be at the regetta in two weeks. I will keep it under wraps for now but this bike should be a hit. I can't wait to show it off but you won't be calling the Blackened 70 or the bama70.