Don and Ellen, Dumont Camp Hosts

sandawg

This is the best place ever for this smiley.

:booty:

:dunno: Sorry Pat.

In my dealings with this stuff I have found one thing. The more you get involved and try to make a positive impact, the more dead ends you will hit. The BLM does actually listen very well to the public and takes thier opinion into consideration at the TRT meetings, but it is a government agency. You can't expect there will be any stretching of any of the rules.

Here's what you do as a duner...just go to the dunes, keep em clean, stay in bounds, have fun, and enjoy them without breaking any of the area rules. You are never going to get the enviro's on your side. In the end it's all about money (for them) and that is why they try to take away our land use privilages. :booty:

This thread sucks. :grin::thumb:

:DDRrocks::DDRrocks::thumb::laughoff::laughoff:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:booty:

:DDRrocks: Sorry Pat.

In my dealings with this stuff I have found one thing. The more you get involved and try to make a positive impact, the more dead ends you will hit. The BLM does actually listen very well to the public and takes thier opinion into consideration at the TRT meetings, but it is a government agency. You can't expect there will be any stretching of any of the rules.

Here's what you do as a duner...just go to the dunes, keep em clean, stay in bounds, have fun, and enjoy them without breaking any of the area rules. You are never going to get the enviro's on your side. In the end it's all about money (for them) and that is why they try to take away our land use privilages. :laughoff:

This thread sucks. :dunno::DDRrocks:

you forgot the most important thing b*tch b*tch b*tch every chance you get till they get it right

:laughoff::thumb:

Here's what you do as a duner...just go to the dunes, keep em clean, stay in bounds, have fun, and enjoy them without breaking any of the area rules. You are never going to get the enviro's on your side. In the end it's all about money (for them) and that is why they try to take away our land use privilages. :DDRrocks:

The preceeding public service message is brought to you by.....................

:?: :DDRrocks::booty:

:stir:

[/b]

I would assume it happened all lthe years Don and Elen were there. Big and off weekends!!

OK, my arms are tired from :booty: And I am getting a brain cramp!

I guess we stick with status quo.

Have a good day!

:laughoff::laughoff:

Did you forget you said this. Or did a nights sleep revive them.

:DDRrocks::DDRrocks::thumb:

OK, it might sound a lil confusing, but trust me, Pat...it really does make sense. I went to a handfull of meetings at the BLM office with Terry and a few others on here. They (the BLM) really do listen and try to work with the public the best they can when it comes to MOST issues, but you have to understand there is only so much they are allowed to do. It's the government. THAT is the dead end I speak of. Comprende? :dunno:

OK, it might sound a lil confusing, but trust me, Pat...it really does make sense. I went to a handfull of meetings at the BLM office with Terry and a few others on here. They (the BLM) really do listen and try to work with the public the best they can when it comes to MOST issues, but you have to understand there is only so much they are allowed to do. It's the government. THAT is the dead end I speak of. Comprende? :MBdance:

Pete, I know what you are saying!

I saw an opportunity to get the subject out there for discussion a couple of days ago and hopefully get some others involved, insited, interested. You know a "spirited conversation"

How many people that use Dumont really get involved except maybe to post something on here. Society has always depended on just a few to take care of the dirty work/decisions for the rest of us . You see where that got us as far as politics in general goes. Pretty much uninformed, accepting the "status quo"

So just trying to make people aware that they must get involved/informed more, that's all. It went that way for a bit on here then it died out and got off track some what.

Hopefully enough people see this and will committ to getting more involved them selves .

At my age, I have definately been there and done that within this subject matter.

I don't claim to be smart!!!! :beatdeadhorse: just experienced! :driver:

besides, opinions are like A.H's, everyone has one! :beatdeadhorse:

Also the demographics of this forum, in general, is much, much younger than I am. I am just sharing an old mans views!!

:laughing::dunno::banghead:

Pete, I know what you are saying!

I saw an opportunity to get the subject out there for discussion a couple of days ago and hopefully get some others involved, insited, interested. You know a "spirited conversation"

How many people that use Dumont really get involved except maybe to post something on here. Society has always depended on just a few to take care of the dirty work/decisions for the rest of us . You see where that got us as far as politics in general goes. Pretty much uninformed, accepting the "status quo"

So just trying to make people aware that they must get involved/informed more, that's all. It went that way for a bit on here then it died out and got off track some what.

Hopefully enough people see this and will committ to getting more involved them selves .

At my age, I have definately been there and done that within this subject matter.

I don't claim to be smart!!!! :beatdeadhorse: just experienced! :driver:

besides, opinions are like A.H's, everyone has one! :beatdeadhorse:

Also the demographics of this forum, in general, is much, much younger than I am. I am just sharing an old mans views!!

:laughing::dunno::banghead:

I know where your coming from on that :old::MBdance:

Well, while we're on the topic of getting/being involved, when is the next meeting at Barstow? It would be nice like last year to get together and hash a few things out, get our passes at a discounted rate, and do the SlashX dealyo. I had to miss the Slash to go pick up another DS but I'm down for hanging around this time out.

See you folks there...

So we still don't know who the looser is that ratted

them out?

:stir:

Monkie,

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I understand it was a picture that was taken of Don and the loader in the illegal, against the rules, etc. etc. act and then the picture was published on some site or something and it was seen by someone at BLM. I can't say it was a vicious act, just that they didn't hear or listen to Don's request not to take any pictures.

:whistle::laughing:

Monkie,

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I understand it was a picture that was taken of Don and the loader in the illegal, against the rules, etc. etc. act and then the picture was published on some site or something and it was seen by someone at BLM. I can't say it was a vicious act, just that they didn't hear or listen to Don's request not to take any pictures.

:whistle::laughing:

It's on this site and if you search for it you will find out who posted the pic.

I will let everybody know on the next meeting as soon as I know. Because of the restructuring of the TRT to a "sub-group" we haven't firmed up a few things yet. I will keep you informed as I find out but I would expect a meeting before the season starts but probably not going to be a Sat. meeting

Monkie,

:blink::whistle:

Haha! :laughing:

It's on this site and if you search for it you will find out who posted the pic.

I will let everybody know on the next meeting as soon as I know. Because of the restructuring of the TRT to a "sub-group" we haven't firmed up a few things yet. I will keep you informed as I find out but I would expect a meeting before the season starts but probably not going to be a Sat. meeting

Found them....I thought he used the scraper not the loader but it doesnt matter anyways

ooooooooooooo ow 3 rotor valve got them fired !!! ouch!!! didnt you hear the camp host say no pics ????? :blink:

Um I guess he doesnt know what NO means.. Maybe I will run to his shop and buy some stuff and tell himm Ill pay him later lol :laughing::whistle::dope::MBdance:

Capt