Tips, Tricks and other Ideas

sand chick

EXCUSE ME MS. PISSY :blah:

.....I was in no way complaining about anything! I was giving a TIP, which was the point of this thread right?? Do I need permission to post in YOUR tread or comment to YOUR post? I don't know what your problem is, so get over it, nothing was directed at you personally.

Nope we never run out of anything in the hauler, we replace anything that needs to be before its gone and before the next trip. Excuse me if I don't have to make a reminder list to refresh the daily use items back in, don't forget toilet paper :dope:. Yup, everything gets washed and as soon as it is finished in the wash it gets put right back into the hauler so nothing is left behind :idea: ....not hard to do when its parked in the backyard. Sorry if it wasn't made specific enough for your understanding..let me clarify for you.. Whatever we take from the hauler we replace asap and before the next trip, so that the same things are always there and we don't forget things. When we 'borrow' something from the hauler we put it back when we are finished with it, I don't need a note to remember to put it back.

Maybe I should make a list so I don't forget anything...

1. Take out dirty laundry/dishes

2. Wash laundry/dishes

3. Replace items in hauler

:beercheers:

Anyway, for those actually looking for tips. We used to use dishes from the house and spare bedding and towels from the house, etc. and had to load everything in and out each trip and we hated it. So we decided that we would have a 'hauler set' of everything that is used on every trip. Since it can get expensive to completely stock the hauler with items all at once, we have added a few things at a time until we are no longer 'borrowing' items from the house for each trip. We started with bedding and towels, then added dishes/cooking items, and then tools and emergency fix-it items. Then we added extras like 2 sets of towels, 2 sets of bedding in case we have company or someone needs to borrow an item. We can add food, clothes and toys and head out for a weekend anywhere and have everything we need. :thumb:

That actually made me laugh out loud..... :idiot::lol: ... is that wrong :dunno:

Capt

We do it the same way basically.......except I make sure my wife the dishes real good before she puts it back in the cupboard :idiot: .... sry I couldnt resist lol

LOL I am sry I cant stop laughing :blah:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have to admit, the FoxySandsnake trailer is stocked to the max. They have saved our :lol: quite a few times!!! :beercheers: Thanks guys!!! OH, I like Capt almost spit all over my puter when I read that!!!!

Ill tell you who else is fully stocked and full is.....Charlie... that guys has anything and everything you need and then sum.... he even had a doohicky last time I needed it :idiot:

Capt

His snoring can wake the DEAD!

How the hell do you deal with it? :flipoff:

Earplugs or the IPOD :dope:

So another TIP if you are a light sleeper and hate being woken up at 3am by quads revving, don't forget to pack some earplugs!!

That actually made me laugh out loud..... :blah::idiot: ... is that wrong :idea:

Capt

We do it the same way basically.......except I make sure my wife the dishes real good before she puts it back in the cupboard :thumb: .... sry I couldnt resist lol

LOL I am sry I cant stop laughing :dunno:

:booty: Jim does the dishes, he is pretty good at it, ya know putting paper plates and plastic utensils in the trash is pretty easy.

Another TIP, buy the economy sized box of plastic spoons, knives and forks and it lasts a couple dune seasons. Got that tip from Pauly and Angela.

We use paper and plastic since our grey water tank seems to fill rather quickly.

I do have to admit, the FoxySandsnake trailer is stocked to the max. They have saved our :ninja: quite a few times!!! :lol: Thanks guys!!! OH, I like Capt almost spit all over my puter when I read that!!!!

:idiot: If us, Bert, the Kllms or you guys don't have it then it isn't needed.

Ill tell you who else is fully stocked and full is.....Charlie... that guys has anything and everything you need and then sum.... he even had a doohicky last time I needed it :blah:

Capt

But you guys always have the best late night pizzazz food :beercheers: . Tina, where did you get those pretzel roll things??

I also have an excellent 2 part checklist & menu/shopping list so you will never forget anything... but its in excel and I don't know how to convert it to PDF and I have tried attaching it but it doesn't work.. so if you want it and have excel PM me and I can email it to you! :lol:

I know I have learned a few other tips for making camping easier from this site, but I can't remember where they all are...

:beercheers: Hmm....body wash/soap, shampoo

Looks like you wash your hands and dishes while out in the dunes, but maybe you don't shower or is that what the wet wipes are for?

For such an "excellent" list it seems to be missing some of the basics... and you said its so you "never" forget anything :idiot: so that means it is all inclusive.

And some of the other threads covering similar things are here.....

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/i...pid=185578&

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/i...pid=185579&

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/i...pid=185580&

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/i...pid=185581&

Edited by Foxysandchick

:surrender: I retract my previous statement! :surrender:

Back to hearing about the tips please!

APARENTLY YOU CAN'T READ!!!!!!!!!!! SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The way you worded your previous post made it seem like you were making fun of the list. I went back and reread it after I was awake and had some coffee and realized that wasn't the case.. couldn't edit it out since warrior had already quoted it!!

:coffee: Hmm....body wash/soap, shampoo

Looks like you wash your hands and dishes while out in the dunes, but maybesize=3] you don't shower or is that what the wet wipes are for?

For such an "excellent" list it seems to be missing some of the basics... and you said its so you "never" forget anything :think: so that means it is all inclusive.

And some of the other threads covering similar things are here.....

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/i...pid=185578&

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/i...pid=185579&

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/i...pid=185580&

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/i...pid=185581&

Yes I do! Thanks for reminding me that I need to add shampoo/conditioner/hair gel/bodywash/make up/lotion to the list!! :thumb:

Well.. since you are the epitome of perfectness and you must have angel wings under your riding gear and a halo under your helmet.. you don't need my stuupid :censored: :censored: list anyway... and since you have aparently pleanty of time to dig up all the old threads and I don't thats just awesome!!

I guess since Kristen pointed out that this thread is just yet again another repeat from those unperfect and forgetful normal people of the world, we may as well just kill it!

SORRY I WAS JUST TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE OUT!

:beercheers::idiot::lol::blah::blah::idiot::dunno::thumb::idea::dope::flipoff::ninja::booty::blury: :comp: :lol::mex::usa::beatdeadhorse::beatdeadhorse::beatdeadhorse::beatdeadhorse::beatdeadhorse::beatdeadhorse::beatdeadhorse::beatdeadhorse:

JODI, I like theses threads. If I don't use the actual tips, it sometimes triggers another idea for a tip that helps in another way. Thats really saying something for the old f*rts deteriating (sp)brain.

We have an extra little generator that we use to run the TV and the smaller stuff as well as keep the batteries charged. Saved alot of of money in gas.

I watched a thing on TV last week on RV tip, their tip was to put a light coat of dish soap on the front or your rig and then wash it of when you get to your destination, helps get the bugs off easier. Will try this one in Sept.

As for Charlie if he doesn't have it he can come up with something that might help. Very creative at times.

APARENTLY YOU CAN'T READ!!!!!!!!!!! SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The way you worded your previous post made it seem like you were making fun of the list. I went back and reread it after I was awake and had some coffee and realized that wasn't the case.. couldn't edit it out since warrior had already quoted it!!

Yes I do! Thanks for reminding me that I need to add shampoo/conditioner/hair gel/bodywash/make up/lotion to the list!! :coffee:

Well.. since you are the epitome of perfectness and you must have angel wings under your riding gear and a halo under your helmet.. you don't need my stuupid :surrender: :surrender: list anyway... and since you have aparently pleanty of time to dig up all the old threads and I don't thats just awesome!!

I guess since Kristen pointed out that this thread is just yet again another repeat from those unperfect and forgetful normal people of the world, we may as well just kill it!

SORRY I WAS JUST TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE OUT!

:beercheers::idiot::lol::blah::blah::idiot::dunno::thumb::idea::dope::flipoff::ninja::booty::blury: :comp: :lol::mex::usa::beatdeadhorse::beatdeadhorse::beatdeadhorse::beatdeadhorse::beatdeadhorse::beatdeadhorse::beatdeadhorse::beatdeadhorse:

No, I am not illiterate. You could have edited your original post regardless of it was quoted or not and simply made a notation that you misunderstood the post :thumb: .

Maybe you should take your own advice and go have some coffee before you start posting :censored: .

And yes I do have plenty of time to do a search, it took me maybe 10 minutes to find those all old threads while enjoying my :censored: .

Sorry to upset you Jodie, we are all just here to help eachother out and I'm glad to help you remember to add some hygiene gear to your list, wouldn't want you to have to stop by our trailer to borrow anything ;) .

Get over it!

The nasti-ness is not really becoming.

You can stop fretting Jill, it has been resolved in PM's and is no longer an issue, simply a misunderstanding and some summer time blues.

But thanks for your opinion :D

Jodi, thanks for the helpful post and it is ok about the misunderstanding :beercheers: . Maybe an admin/mod can compile all the helpful tip into one bada$$ sticky thread :think: .

You can stop fretting Jill, it has been resolved in PM's and is no longer an issue, simply a misunderstanding and some summer time blues.

But thanks for your opinion :D

Jodi, thanks for the helpful post and it is ok about the misunderstanding :beercheers: . Maybe an admin/mod can compile all the helpful tip into one bada$$ sticky thread :beerpint: .

:think: Lets ride!

You girls need a pants down group hug! It works at work, don't ask...

As for the tips, I tried the sheets to block off the unnecessary areas but all of the heat just escaped through the eye holes.

Edited by aceisback

You girls need a pants down group hug! It works at work, don't ask...

As for the tips, I tried the sheets to block off the unnecessary ares but all of the heat just escaped through the eye holes.

You said dont ask. But what have you been doing with those bed sheets. :bert: :beercheers:

Thought of a couple more things. When I got the 1st Dish, 10-12yrs ago, made a tripod, strung cable, anchored it down for the 3AM Dumont wind storms but was a pita to tune, the tube the Dish sits on has to be perfectly verticle to tune in multiple LNBF/satellites and a skewed oval dish, and not having the big money for what an dome cost back then I made a simple arm that swings out with the cable in it and when the m home is level the dish mount is level, 2-3 minutes and it's done. The pivot is 2 lengths of pipe, 1 inside the one welded to the frame, weld a nut for the Flintstone T handle lock bolt.

post-1632-1250389796_thumb.jpg

kinda hard to see, arrows are pointing to the frame welded tube

post-1632-1250390054_thumb.jpg

I gave up on the idea to use an electric step mechanism to flip the dish out of the last little access door, just wasn't into it I guess :laughing:

OOps, forgot one. This probably is only relevant for motorhomes but back before everyone had cell phones and people used the freeway call boxes I noticed a lot of burnt spots on the shoulder by the box, if a motorhome has 1 of the rear tire go flat, not a blowout, sometimes the occupants don't realize it till after the tire has been spinning so much that when they stop at the call box to call Good Sam the tire ignites, catches fire, so they grab the little powder extinguisher, spray the tire till it flames out, but as soon as they stop it reignite, spray again till extinguisher is empty and FOOF, re-ignites, powder restricted oxygen when sraying but didn't cool it, so in just a few minutes the motorhome is "fully involved", less than an hour and just smoldering wheels, frame and engine. Styrofoam insulation, toxic, nearly everything is hydrocarbon derived. I saw a motohome on fire just coming to a stop on the 15 between Primm and Baker I think, everyone bails out and are just looking at the motorhome then 1 guy hauls a$$ into the motorhome and comes out with a baby :laughing: . So ..... be prepared, a BIG extinguisher for dad to start with while mom gets the little water hose and uses the quick disconnect to attach it to the kitchen sink, opens a window enough on the fire side and tosses it and then turns on the water. The powder is is done now dad can use the water to cool whatever was burning below flash point. Hopefully. I'm not going to watch my motorhome burn just standing there with something that looks like a fire extinguisher, that was only on board to comply with some DOT manufacturer requirement, with the same befuddled look on my face as when I found out about Santa.

post-1632-1250393561_thumb.jpg

Hmmmm... weekend or longer trips...

1) We pre-cook our dinners so only need the nuke to warm up (except Thanksgiving LOL)

2) bagels & coffee for breakfast

3) on your own for lunch.....

4) Extra air in 10 gal tank for all the toys

5) I try and fill the water and gen at the Valera in Baker for lighter towing

6) Pull the truck up to the hauler gas station and put all unused gas back in truck before heading home

7) Camp with Dinicolada, if you don't have it he does....

8) ^^^^^ don't camp alone/dune alone

9) Spare battery charger

10) spare battery...

11) Zip ties and elec tape seems to get used allot in my camp

12) huge efing trash bags, like the black one's for leaves

13) We use the heater right before bed to warm up the trailer then it is off for the night... get some good blankets, if your in the back of the trailer.... get some better blankets

14) for all the odds and ends of things that get stored like tie-downs I use milk crates to keep the sand from building up and there stackable

15) for things to keep clean the rubbermaids with snapping lids are good

16) We don't use paper/plastic, small never ending expence and more trash, we just do the dishes

Day trips or no kid trips...

1) forget everything I said above

2) bread, meat, mayo this is breakfast lunch and dinner

3) Ice

4) you fav beverage IN A CAN and lots of it

:beercheers:

Using the OEM heater in a 33ft motorhome on cold Dumont trips used lots of propane not to mention the blower draws 8.2 amps and would drain the original 2-12V "RV" batteries enough to have to use the jump switch (engine + coach batteries) to start the generator. The OEM forced air heater (convection/heats air) when it cycles on consumes 31000btu (.34 gal or 1.4lbs) of propane per hour at 76% effiency This catalytic heater (radient/heats objects) on high consumes 6000btu (.07 gal or .28lbs) at over 99% efficiency :?: Translated: This catalytic heater is a propane miser that uses no electric power (piezo ignition) :beercheers:

post-1632-1250464019_thumb.jpg