Crazy Junk house

wingnut

So, this guy lives a few blocks west of us. He has been putting various junk, tiles iron work etc. to his house and privacy wall. Neighbore got pissed and have been complaining to the county. The county took action. Yes it's ghetto and looks like crap but the county coming in to his yard to clean it up?????

Here is a quick news clip off the story. :dunno:

http://www.ktnv.com/global/Category.asp?c=...;autoStart=true

Edited by wingnut

WTF.....So the county basically came in and stole his stuff!!!!! my neighbor down the street has a few badass cars and a boat in his yard. If someone at the county says its Junk, does it give me the right to go take it?

tweaker or not its a free country and you can do as you wish to the land you OWN!! there are no HOA's in that area i believe so who gives a fk what he does to his own yard. As long as his crap doesnt end up on my lawn who cares. And the way i see it the county STOLE his property.

tweaker or not its a free country and you can do as you wish to the land you OWN!! there are no HOA's in that area i believe so who gives a fk what he does to his own yard. As long as his crap doesnt end up on my lawn who cares. And the way i see it the county STOLE his property.

weell said mang you just forgot one thing, if you don't like it move.....I didn't like my neighbores so I moved

They should clear that shithole up, can you imagine how bad that place affected the values on the block?

With today's property values hell it probably helped their home value lol.. if this was the peak of the market like it was a few years ago i could understand it but with todays market that dont mean chit anymore :P

weell said mang you just forgot one thing, if you don't like it move.....I didn't like my neighbores so I moved

Yep

Instead of taking his "CRAP", the county should just start fining him every month untill it is deamed clean. It's not right that the county takes his "CRAP", it is HIS. They should just collect the money instead, I'm sure they need it.

They only legal issue I see about his "CRAP" is what happens during a windstorm? It would seem that would blow his "CRAP" all over and would need to be cleaned up.

He should just move to Baker or some crap hole like that, then he wouldnt have a problem.

That's a tough spot to be in. It is his land so its his obligation to do what he see fit.

I wouldn't want him as a neighbor with his house looking like that, but it wouldn't make me move either.

Maybe if they tried the nice guy approach and just asked him to clean up it might have had a better reception then just coming in and removing what someone else considers junk. What happens to his stuff that got removed by the city? What if it gets lost? Then he sues and wins a ton of cash for his junk because someone else decided to help him relocate his junk.

Instead of taking his "CRAP", the county should just start fining him every month untill it is deamed clean. It's not right that the county takes his "CRAP", it is HIS. They should just collect the money instead, I'm sure they need it.

That would have been the right way of dealing with him.

That is B.S. plain and simple... those ppl knew what he was like when they bought there houses..

Sry but I dont care what metro said... we would have a stand off for sure

Capt

:?: That is total B S if you ask me what happen to live in free country? :cry: leave the guy alone......I had neightbores like that, just look the other way people...........oh yeah I moved no problem :grin::laughing:

WTF.....So the county basically came in and stole his stuff!!!!! my neighbor down the street has a few badass cars and a boat in his yard. If someone at the county says its Junk, does it give me the right to go take it?

Thats total BS. Would I want him as a neighbor, no, but that doesnt give ANYONE the right to go onto his property and remove ANYTHING. Its his private property to do what he wants with it. Total crap.

agreed.

my neighbor tried to call on me because i owned three trucks (2006, 2002, 1994), a car (2008), a toyhauler (2006), 6 quads, a rhino, and a race car. there's only so much you can fit in a 3 car garage. they even built a wall separating our properties. she would call the police and say i was dealing drugs whenever i was outside. i'd just smile, wave, and tell her to move.

agreed.

my neighbor tried to call on me because i owned three trucks (2006, 2002, 1994), a car (2008), a toyhauler (2006), 6 quads, a rhino, and a race car. there's only so much you can fit in a 3 car garage. they even built a wall separating our properties. she would call the police and say i was dealing drugs whenever i was outside. i'd just smile, wave, and tell her to move.

ha ha that is just envy mang...so has she move jet

The county should worry about cleaning up that nasty downtown area. That guys area looks clean compared to some of the stuff I see in the downtown area. Unless he's dumping stuff into the ground like oil or something, what business is it of the countys. I saw this on the news and it really pisses me off to see the county sending scare tactic letters to people. $6000 a day in fines if he doesn't clean it up? I would think they can do something more resourceful with their days than bother this 80 year old man.

Edited by badams270

I actually live by this guy too - He does some weird "art", but there is a large enough buffer that I just do care – I just drive by it everyday and laugh…..

Unfortunately there is much more to this story then what is being presented. He was asked since March to clean up his yard. His complaint is hardly valid in regards to his “tools” – Would you leave your tools outside in the weather in a pile of dirt? The county feels that he in violation of the zoning laws, and if he wanted to have a scrap yard he should move it to a section of town that allows that type of use. Would you be happy if someone that was right next door to you was allowed to do anything they want? What about if he was able to stack so much stuff, that it was a haven for rodents that visited your property? There comes a point when you have to look at your surroundings and think “Would I like if someone stacked all this chit next to me?”

I asked the attorney in my office about this because he represented a guy that had way more stuff then this - It’s a losing battle. When the county comes up to abate these types of properties there is no accountability for the items that are dumped with the exception of vehicles with a VIN.

i live down windmill from this house, and see it daily, i get a kick out of it, always lookin to see what he did now. he has mirror and stuff on the chimney, its pretty funny. the really strange thing is that while this guy is gettin harrased, and his stuff is gettin jacked by the county, the crazy collector guy over on sandhill is all over the travel channel, and tlc, with his house full of stuff, rollercoaster parts and astronauts and all that crazy stuff, and he has waaaaayyyy more weird junk around his house. its typical vegas, never what you know, its always who you know, and someone that doesnt like his house, knows someone that will help them do something about it. the guy is strange i wont doubt that, but if they came to my house and tried to take my unregistered vehicle, there would be some serious disruptions in the day to day life of the "code enforcers" I hope the guy gets his stuff back, its BS that they can decide what they think he should be allowed to have. if that is the case though, and other people are allowed to decide what strangers do, then i am gonna start tommorow, yup, every boy that is walking aroung sagging black "skinny jeans" is gonna have to change imediatley, and every "smart" car i see trying to get on the freeway.....i think i am just gonna go ahead and impose a smart car VS big dumb truck durability test.

Because it is against the law to trash your own property :laughing:

Check it out for yourself....

http://www.accessclarkcounty.com/depts/adm...quirements.aspx

http://www.accessclarkcounty.com/depts/adm...nforcement.aspx

Also, you are not safe inside your own home either, when I worked on the PD I worked in the Downtown area and there were a few homes we reported to various organizations due to the unhealthy/hazardous living conditions.

Because it is against the law to trash your own property :laughing:

Check it out for yourself....

http://www.accessclarkcounty.com/depts/adm...quirements.aspx

http://www.accessclarkcounty.com/depts/adm...nforcement.aspx

Also, you are not safe inside your own home either, when I worked on the PD I worked in the Downtown area and there were a few homes we reported to various organizations due to the unhealthy/hazardous living conditions.

on the first link, i had to laugh about the commercial vehicle one, the house across the street from me has had a caterpillar frontloader in front of the house for about 3 months with a big for sale sign on it, outside the property fence, on the dirt which would have to basically be considered the sidewalk. motorcycle cops are on my street daily, nailin speeders (since this is the only section of bermuda thats 35 instead of 45) and the have even parked behind it, or next to it, so they can hide from the cars. yet its still there and has never even been "orange stickered" lol. its just goes to show ya, lots of codes are just created to give "some" of the people, "all" of the power, "some" of the time, and that sometime is usually whenever it suits them best. typical schoolyard bully game, make an example out of one kid, so the others fall in line.

on the first link, i had to laugh about the commercial vehicle one, the house across the street from me has had a caterpillar frontloader in front of the house for about 3 months with a big for sale sign on it, outside the property fence, on the dirt which would have to basically be considered the sidewalk. motorcycle cops are on my street daily, nailin speeders (since this is the only section of bermuda thats 35 instead of 45) and the have even parked behind it, or next to it, so they can hide from the cars. yet its still there and has never even been "orange stickered" lol. its just goes to show ya, lots of codes are just created to give "some" of the people, "all" of the power, "some" of the time, and that sometime is usually whenever it suits them best. typical schoolyard bully game, make an example out of one kid, so the others fall in line.

But it says "This does not include, a single commercially licensed automobile."

Motorcycle cops are not Code Enforcement or Parking Enforcement, so its not something they would handle. If you contacted your area police station they wouldn't send a cop they would forward it to either Parking Enforcement or Code Enforcement to handle depending on the location and what jurisdiction it falls under.

Code Enforcement usually takes action after various complaints or if something is posing an immediate hazard. They aren't just driving around looking for violations.

Here are the County Codes

http://www.municode.com/Resources/gateway....6214&sid=28

Here is the news article from the LV Sun... :laughing:

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/oct/0...angry-response/

This lists the offenses as...

"In the notice, the county said Ingram was violating four county ordinances: storage of unlicensed and inoperable vehicles; maintenance of fences, walls and landscaped areas; outside storage of materials and/or equipment; and accumulation of solid waste."

And a judge signed a warrant after 4 inspections...

"Finally a seizure warrant was signed by a judge allowing for the removal of inoperable vehicles, utility trailers, plywood, pallets, marble stone pieces, tiles and other items found in Ingram’s yard."

and now he is violating another code by placing the signs on his roof

"Even with a cursory glance, it appears Ingram’s numerous roof signs break the code that says very plainly: “The following types of sign structures are prohibited: Roof Signs.”

We have a 'strange' yard in our neighborhood...there are about 15 dinosaurs and various decorations depending on the season in this one yard. His collection is growing, but it is not trash or storage of materials, it is decoration. It's weird, we laugh about it every time he changes it. There is a difference in decorating and trashing the place or using your yard for storage.

Edited by Foxysandchick

They tried to do the same thing to that crazy judge Halverson :laughing: a while back too. Not sure what the outcome was.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/200...s/11958767.html

They did the same thing to Halverson, but she complied and had it cleaned up before the county arrived to do it themselves, but she only did that to avoid the fees she would have been charged. The news went out and had a story showing her yard before and after.

Here is another story on it...

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2007/mar/0...ro-county-offi/

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2007/aug/2...w-clark-county/