Halloween 09 trip reports & pics

dunefreak

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had talked the kids into going for Holloween and glad I did. They had a blast trick or treating with all the sites and peeps who decorated and gave out candy. My girls could not even hold the bag half way through. :banghead:

I was not able to get any riding in out side of hitting Comp for friday night and going over to the Meet & Greet. Had to keep the family happy.

I was suppose to stay until late as possible sunday and get my riding in then but Had some issues come up and the wife had to be home by 1PM. Basically packed up sunday morning and left. :banghead:

I finally got to meet some more DDR peeps and glad we did. Thanks for the DDR Camp and letting us hang out. Always a good time. Mc Flurry Rocks and makes it very easy to find Camp. It was good meeting with Malibu, Sand Chick, Dune Smurf,Sandseeker,Charlie and many more just bad with names.

I will coming out for the Poker run and I will be ready to ride. and have a good time no matter what happens. All drama will be left at Home. :clap: Cant wait.... Already have the HaulerQuads, and Buggy cleaned and ready to go. :angry2: :banghead:

Edited by Jakster884

I wondered who was following us around. Kept asking who it was and no one knew! You should have come over and introduced yourself! :banghead:

Yeah I am sorry I should have but my son kept saying "no mom" so I didn't.........I will next time. Like I said I would love you camp with the DDR group on Thanksgiving weekend. we need new riding friends. This last weekend was fairly boring........ZZZZZZZZZZ

When will people start posting for Thanksgiving weekend? :banghead:

Thanks Chris and Brian for stoppin by and inviting me for a night ride. :banghead: Man I really needed it, haven't been ridin much lately. All work no play lately. Had a good time.

always...my :B from anotha motha

sorry bout the blowin bead ordeal ...always a buzz kill

Edited by Bryan M

What a great trip! Burned through a lot of gas and always made it back under my own power. Seemed like I did stop many times to help out other folks and I'm glad it was nothing serious.

Nice to meet up with some of you from this site also.

All my photos are here: Photos from Dumont

Here are some highlights:

Rescue the rescuers

p56139268-3.jpg

p111487715-3.jpg

p535591225-3.jpg

p658845620-3.jpg

p165681007-3.jpg

p98851557-3.jpg

p107971937-3.jpg

p327660288-3.jpg

p272697125-3.jpg

Enjoy!!

Could not get off work here for halloween but will be out for thanksgiving, by the posts looks like everyone had a blast except with a few mishaps, but im sure you;ll will have that fixed for thanksgiving. Hope to see ddr peeps then. :banghead::banghead:

What a great trip! Burned through a lot of gas and always made it back under my own power. Seemed like I did stop many times to help out other folks and I'm glad it was nothing serious.

Rescue the rescuers

p56139268-3.jpg

Enjoy!!

Nice pics. I vote this one for dune pic of the month. :banghead:

Rescue the rescuers

p56139268-3.jpg

p111487715-3.jpg

p535591225-3.jpg

p658845620-3.jpg

p165681007-3.jpg

p98851557-3.jpg

p107971937-3.jpg

p327660288-3.jpg

p272697125-3.jpg

Enjoy!!

I was one of the ones you rescued so I again I have to say Thank You, mucho appreciated!

Terry

WOW...i had a great weekend..started off a little rough...blew a head gasket and broke a head bolt on my 2332 VW.. Doghouse wanted $139.00 for the head bolts and 70.00 for the head gasket (fire ring) but the vendor right next door sold me the head bolt for 1.00 and the head gasket for 3.00 ...he's my new best friend. :banghead: i pulled apart my heads and cyl. did the repair in 4 1/2 hours.. and was back in the sand :randog:

the ppl at the meet and greet were great...i was the goofy one dressed as the pirate in the blue SR.

Halloween night at comp...DAMN lot of ppl...loved it

i hope to meet more of you guys on the poker run... or poss. on turkey day..

Jason

:banghead: We pulled in around 3 on friday afternoon, the dunes seemed amped with people and i couldnt wait to unload and go for a ride. Shortly after buying a new flag from vendors row we got word that my niece flew over a hill and flipped the quad a few times. The rangers were awesome to us (this night) and brought her back to camp so she could then go go Pahrump's hospital and get xrays. Other than a few scratches and being sore she was fine and stayed with my grandma until sunday.

Seeings how we had so much excited with my niece, we only went for 1 short ride then had to come back in and get everything situated for dinner and bed. We camped my pooper number 10 and id have to say the bathrooms were awful! Good thing we brought extra TP :poop:

Saturday was a fresh day and we enjoyed some nice riding. Later that night we lite up the sky with beautiful fireworks. Needless to say our fellow neighbor campers didnt like it and snitched on us. :banghead: Then the rangers perceeded to try and arrest a few of us.. Good thing we know some people in high places and only got off with a few tickets.. :banghead:

Other than some good beer and a bunch of candy our trip was AWESOME! The kids had a lot of fun on halloween night and we cant wait to do it again for thanksgiving. Maybe this time we will catch up with you all at south pole since i found it.. :yiah:

I had a great weekend.......boy I needed that!..... good food, great friends, bitchen dune rides made for some good :angry2: times IMO :banghead:.......El pato and his crew are a butch of good :angry2: peeps I really enjoy hanging out with them hey pato thanks for the beers hopefully we can doit again :angry2: sorry guys I didn't take any pics :banghead:

I also want to thank Al for hooking us up with some good :angry2: ribs, bake potatos and corn, there were just bitchen thanks AL.... And beefy boys for the spagehtti on saturday ooh boy that was realy good too.... :banghead: thanks.

but i did :angry2: so don't trip... :clap:

Rescue the rescuers

p111487715-3.jpg

Thanks for catching us in some great shots!!!

Seeings how we had so much excited with my niece, we only went for 1 short ride then had to come back in and get everything situated for dinner and bed. We camped my pooper number 10 and id have to say the bathrooms were awful! Good thing we brought extra TP :poop:

Didn't used to be like that!!!!!! but we have beat that subject to DEATH!!!! Just hope we actually get camp hosts again????

this week was one of my best trip to dumont, jorgeloco hey thanks for helping me with my truck, pleasure to meet you and junior (junior hey where are the pictures )..... on Saturday night was fun :banghead: :drunks: .. . thanks to the family and good friends. so I do not mind driving 22 hours :banghead:

Edited by elpato

:?: Lee was actually out there!? :angry2: That looks like an old 250R isn't it? He rides an old qaudracer doesn't he?

Hey nice meeting and chatting cameras with ya Neil! :banghead:

That sure looks like 'one smart fellow' (Lee). :angry2:

He rides a Qwadzilla. Looks like it to me. :angry2:

Also looks like you guys had a blast. :banghead:

Awesome pics. :foshizz:

I like the off weekends best but I sure miss chillin' with everyone on the holidays. :clap:

:banghead:

R-

:?: Lee was actually out there!? :banghead: That looks like an old 250R isn't it? He rides an old qaudracer doesn't he?

Hey nice meeting and chatting cameras with ya Neil! :banghead:

Well, he approached me and introduced himself as Run2it, imposter?

Also, Thanks for the compliments folks.

man sorry to hear that mike, that sucks!! well you best get to fixing you only got 2 weeks to the poker run homie. lol

I already have something lined up so now I just need to get things swaped out. Need any more work done? LOL . I should make the Poker Run.