barefoot bob Posted October 15, 2007 Posted October 15, 2007 I approve of the color!!! nice car! hi tim Quote
lvnalolife Posted October 15, 2007 Posted October 15, 2007 That thing is badass! Well worth the wait! Good luck and hope to see you out there soon. Quote
OGP Posted October 15, 2007 Posted October 15, 2007 (edited) Different looking...but cool Im sure when they were building this car, it wasnt about looks. V8 rails are all about performance. Its going to be interesting to see how the new design stands up to the old design Edited October 15, 2007 by ORIGINALPIMP Quote
dunefreak Posted October 15, 2007 Author Posted October 15, 2007 GOOD FOR YOU!!!! If you cant say something nice, dont say anything at all!!!! Get over it Tim. Quote
OGP Posted October 15, 2007 Posted October 15, 2007 That came across wrong thats why i edited the post. Looked like he was bashing the looks of the car. Quote
barefoot bob Posted October 15, 2007 Posted October 15, 2007 not that i ok'd anything! just ready to deal with everyones opinion i just hope it works well with no break downs! i am tired of r & d work. front steering & brakes still not complete but will be done in a few days. that was alot of time work and money on you i dont blame you at all. i like the car. the rear im not so hot on. but the front and sides are smokin !! and the motor placement should make it corner awsom . a++ engineering effort. i hope it performs to match the all the r&d and time and money you put into it good luck and very good job Quote
dunefreak Posted October 15, 2007 Author Posted October 15, 2007 This thing should handle awesome. Everything is mounted very low and towards the center of the car...even the gas tank and turbos. I can't wait to see how it does. Quote
FLYINRYAN Posted November 28, 2007 Posted November 28, 2007 finally, car going to dyno on monday the 10th Quote
Kens Colors Posted November 28, 2007 Posted November 28, 2007 Can hardly wait to see this bad boy!!!! Quote
dunefreak Posted November 28, 2007 Author Posted November 28, 2007 I still can't believe this car. I got another good look at it tonight. It is coming along really good. I just hope I can arrange to get out to D on the shakedown trip for V rex. I have to work that weekend. Dammit. Maybe I can haul a$$ out straight from work when I get out around noon. Quote
Randog Posted November 28, 2007 Posted November 28, 2007 Yeah, I can't wait either. Wanna see it run fo schizzzzz. Sound Awesome Ryan. After being told that there ain't no possible way I could even keep up with it or your old car through the dunes in that bench race Halloween weekend, I gotta hand it to ya. Hope it meets your expectations mang. Quote
offroadracer Posted November 28, 2007 Posted November 28, 2007 Im sure when they were building this car, it wasnt about looks. V8 rails are all about performance. Its going to be interesting to see how the new design stands up to the old design I agree with ya tim ...but having a few fabricators that are friends of mine do both as well , performance with some style to it, I know everyone is different.....but anyways the car is nice I like it. Quote
dunefreak Posted November 28, 2007 Author Posted November 28, 2007 I personally think this car as more style AND performance than any car out there in the dunes. It's unique and stands out from the rest. It will also put a whooping on 99% of the cars as well. Alot of people don't know what these cars can do or what they are capable of. Quote
Randog Posted November 28, 2007 Posted November 28, 2007 I personally think this car as more style AND performance than any car out there in the dunes. It's unique and stands out from the rest. It will also put a whooping on 99% of the cars as well. Alot of people don't know what these cars can do or what they are capable of. Yeah like me. I haven't seen one yet and I'm looking forward to it. Come on Ryan. Get-r-done. Quote
FLYINRYAN Posted November 29, 2007 Posted November 29, 2007 2yrs. on this build and i just hope the dam thing doesnt break down! If the car lives off the dyno on 10th & 11th i will be at dumont on the following sat. so someone plan on going with a car so i have a tow vehicle just in case. You never know! Quote
Kens Colors Posted November 29, 2007 Posted November 29, 2007 I can not believe how much I am anticipating seeing this car in action!! It is just an offroad vehicle, why am I so excited??? Quote
SandBox_Kid Posted November 29, 2007 Posted November 29, 2007 Because you have the same sickness the rest of us do! Quote
offroadracer Posted November 30, 2007 Posted November 30, 2007 I can not believe how much I am anticipating seeing this car in action!! It is just an offroad vehicle, why am I so excited??? Thats why!! Quote
OGP Posted November 30, 2007 Posted November 30, 2007 2yrs. on this build and i just hope the dam thing doesnt break down! If the car lives off the dyno on 10th & 11th i will be at dumont on the following sat. so someone plan on going with a car so i have a tow vehicle just in case. You never know! Ill be there. Quote
scott Posted December 2, 2007 Posted December 2, 2007 Damn, V-REX lives!!!! I thought this car was never going to be completed! Cant wait to hear how the shake down goes! Keep the pics coming! Quote
Crowdog Posted December 2, 2007 Posted December 2, 2007 Best of luck with the shakedown run Ryan. Quote
dunefreak Posted December 12, 2007 Author Posted December 12, 2007 Well, some good news. It didn't blow up on the dyno today. From what I heard, there was an issue with the intake manfold, but it did pretty damn good considering. I will leave it up to Ryan whether or not he wants to post the numbers up. Hopefully this weekend is still on for the shakedown. I may have my car ready by then for at least a day trip if you go out, Ryan. :porn: Quote
EY3BA11 Posted December 12, 2007 Posted December 12, 2007 sweeet glad to see it made it to a dyno and running... where did he have it dyno'd at? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.