sandslayer Posted December 27, 2010 Posted December 27, 2010 Looks good to me i will be leaving Thursday morning! Quote
raspadoo Posted December 27, 2010 Posted December 27, 2010 Thanks for the pics sand chick, looks like it's going to be ROUGH out in the dunes for some time to come... Quote
Doghouse Posted December 27, 2010 Posted December 27, 2010 I am waiting for a call from Larry Blaine (chief of recreation BLM) to see if he knows of anything in the works. I'll update as soon as I know anything. Quote
Doghouse Posted December 27, 2010 Posted December 27, 2010 BLM crew is on it's way now - that's all I know at this time. take pics people if you get the chance! Quote
sand chick Posted December 27, 2010 Posted December 27, 2010 Thanks for the pics sand chick, looks like it's going to be ROUGH out in the dunes for some time to come... Your welcome! Trying my best to keep people informed. Yes the dunes were super tore up ruts the rzr kept kicking the back end catching all the wet sand. We still had a blast though! But it's definitely bumpy, I was glad I wasn't on my quad. Quote
chevell27 Posted December 27, 2010 Posted December 27, 2010 These pics are from this morning of people crossing that htown took Quote
chevell27 Posted December 27, 2010 Posted December 27, 2010 (edited) im going out there in a little bit to see htown ill post up a report and some pics after im back he said its not as bad as it looks and diesel pushers are making it across with no problem. Edited December 27, 2010 by chevell27 Quote
dunedada798 Posted December 27, 2010 Posted December 27, 2010 Glad to see peeps getting accross. I'm sure the road will get fixed just in time for it to rain on thursday and the run off will be there friday. which of course is when we'll be rollin in. By the way is there going to be a meet n greet saturday????? lookin for some sand time Wet or not need a fix!!!!! Quote
AL T Posted December 27, 2010 Posted December 27, 2010 Just Spoke to BLM and as per Lilly the road will be Fixed by Tuesday unless more rain comes Quote
mouthrulez Posted December 27, 2010 Posted December 27, 2010 I just talked to a BLM worker with a tractor and they said the river isn't passable..there is a semi towing a 5th wheele trailer stuck in the middle of the stream. They had it passable but the dam they built broke and blew the river 500 feet wide. It isn't passable and wont be for a while. Quote
mouthrulez Posted December 27, 2010 Posted December 27, 2010 I talked to the BLM worker at 1:20 pm today Quote
DunaticSuzyQ Posted December 27, 2010 Posted December 27, 2010 I just talked to a BLM worker with a tractor and they said the river isn't passable..there is a semi towing a 5th wheele trailer stuck in the middle of the stream. They had it passable but the dam they built broke and blew the river 500 feet wide. It isn't passable and wont be for a while. IS THIS A REAL POST or are you just messin' with people? 500 feet!?!? Quote
Svengoolie Posted December 27, 2010 Posted December 27, 2010 I just talked to a BLM worker with a tractor and they said the river isn't passable..there is a semi towing a 5th wheele trailer stuck in the middle of the stream. They had it passable but the dam they built broke and blew the river 500 feet wide. It isn't passable and wont be for a while. So the river is wider than a football field? Kind of hard to believe. Quote
Just Mike Posted December 27, 2010 Posted December 27, 2010 Here is mike in his short travel... suppose this is why he sold his cars?... J/K Mike... thanks for all the help this weekend... the river at the entrance.. Capt No problem Dave. I am guesing that the patch held up. Quote
~JILL~ Posted December 27, 2010 Posted December 27, 2010 Sounds possible, if it broke loose again. Thats what happened the other night. They tried to divert the water up Sperry Wash rd. and by morning the water had broke through. Thursday morning it was 3 rivers 2 had been huge. There is a chance that if it broke through with that much water being held back the 3 rivers made 1 huge one. Me, no matter if it may look passable or not I wouldn't chance tearing my stuff up till that stuff was clear of that water( down to one small river accross the concrete) and well compacted. Quote
Just Mike Posted December 27, 2010 Posted December 27, 2010 So the river is wider than a football field? Kind of hard to believe. It was that wide easy on thursday night. I can't imagine how it wouyld be now though. Quote
beoch Posted December 27, 2010 Posted December 27, 2010 It was that wide easy on thursday night. I can't imagine how it wouyld be now though. I just spoke to BLM and they are there now working on the road as we speak! If anyone wants information contact the Barstow BLM main office. Quote
CaptNkllm Posted December 27, 2010 Posted December 27, 2010 Yes mike it worked.. had a small leak when I aired up but nothing a big bottle if green snot didn't fix Appreciate the patch kit Quote
mouthrulez Posted December 27, 2010 Posted December 27, 2010 If ur pulling into the little dunes, becareful it looks hard but its soft. Everybody has gotten stuck Quote
Doghouse Posted December 28, 2010 Posted December 28, 2010 thanks BEOCH. I hope they can get it fixed. I just saw on the news that there's rain in the forecast for tomorrow with a chance of snow flurries in Vegas! Quote
beoch Posted December 28, 2010 Posted December 28, 2010 Is there any new news on the road? BLM said to call them tommorrow and they should have an update...I told them I was going out on Wednesday! Quote
48 Car Posted December 28, 2010 Posted December 28, 2010 (edited) BLM said to call them tommorrow and they should have an update...I told them I was going out on Wednesday! I called also and got the same. Edited December 28, 2010 by 48 Car Quote
Tmoney Posted December 28, 2010 Posted December 28, 2010 Is there any new news on the road? they are still working on it. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.