Just checking for a pulse

dunefreak

Everyone still alive out there? Enjoying summer so far? What's everyone been up to? We have quite a ways to go before October. Don't die on us now. Start a topic about something, chime in, say hello...something...!!! Lol

so i have been busy trying to get everything ready for month long road trip with the hauler and rzrs. (now I'm waiting on a very good job that is going to screw all that up)

the rzrs is at Htown getting a new front bumper and spare tire carrier. spent a couple days last week messing with the atc70 getting it all happy. then went to get the hauler out of storage friday but the batteries were dead and it was too hot to mess with the manual wrench. came home and grabbed the honda gene only to find out like almost everything else it had bad gas. (bad/old gas in the quad the atc and gene) with new gas the honda saved the day. worked on the hauler sealed some seams, put new spring loaded pins on the landing gear, new blinds, toilet riser, along with cleaning and reorganizing.

so after being in the heat last few days i decided to build the rzrs new beadlocks in my living room in the AC. think they came out nice now just need the rzr to finish the list i have for it. then the truck needs some love.. busy summer and work has been good too....

post-978-0-79106100-1340085938_thumb.jpg

post-978-0-93910100-1340085947_thumb.jpg

i took the airbox out of the raptor and waiting for the Prodesign intake to get in so i can install that. My DMC duals should be here Wednesday, so i will have them on about an hour after they arrive. lol then it's off to work with Ridenow to get tuner and then off to Dynojet for my custom tune.

I got my trip planned to Oregon. I leave August 20th about 2pm. staying in Reno, then to my parents house the first night. My Best man (for my wedding) and i rented a house that is litterally accross 101 from the South Jetty road. Will be nice to get some dune riding in and not so hot.. and hopefully not windy. I just hope they dont give me the $175 ticket for for having an exhaust that is too loud. 93db limit, and the DMC will only get to 96-ish at best with the quiet cores. I am sure my new mods will feel AWESOME at sea level. especially after the Coral Pink trip.

Hoping to get another Coral pink trip in this summer, but Mike might be busy and i spoiled now, so need a place to crash.

I tore down my sons 400ex. It was in bad shape. Turned it into a 416 with 11:1 compression. Getting the new jets in the mail today and hope to finish it some time this week. Other than that just working. Hoping to make it to Coral again.

Edited by Marble MD

Looking forward to my road trip to test out the new to me (thank you Terry) truck bed tent I picked up so I can still dune if Mike is in China.

Headed to Hualapia Mountian County Park out of Kingman,AZ with the pups for some hiking and relaxing. Going to check out thier ATV trails\campground, while I am there, see if the hauler will fit for potential dirt trails a couple hours away.

http://www.mcparks.com/hualapai_mt_park.htm

Edited by sand chick

i took the airbox out of the raptor and waiting for the Prodesign intake to get in so i can install that. My DMC duals should be here Wednesday, so i will have them on about an hour after they arrive. lol then it's off to work with Ridenow to get tuner and then off to Dynojet for my custom tune.

I got my trip planned to Oregon. I leave August 20th about 2pm. staying in Reno, then to my parents house the first night. My Best man (for my wedding) and i rented a house that is litterally accross 101 from the South Jetty road. Will be nice to get some dune riding in and not so hot.. and hopefully not windy. I just hope they dont give me the $175 ticket for for having an exhaust that is too loud. 93db limit, and the DMC will only get to 96-ish at best with the quiet cores. I am sure my new mods will feel AWESOME at sea level. especially after the Coral Pink trip.

Hoping to get another Coral pink trip in this summer, but Mike might be busy and i spoiled now, so need a place to crash.

When I wet there with my loud a$$ Raptor I rode right by rangers with no issues....I think my bike was 105-108 when I was there.We checked it before we left because my uncle was worried about the odysseys.

Just dont haul a$$ around camp or the rangers and you should be fine.

with the quiet cores in i should be around 96db, maybe up to 98db. I am going to run the spark arrestors all the time, and those are supposed to bring the DB down a little. I don't want a loud a$$ bike, just power and cool sounds. :)

I figure that as long as i don't give them a reason to harrass me then I should be fine. I am good about not hauling a$$ around camp/ parking areas and all, so just have to try and keep an eye out.

and HOLLY CHIT, 105-108 is VERY loud...

Usually around this time I try and make a trip up to my brothers place in Koosharem Utah. Pete your dual sport buddies need to make a trip up there and check it out. I promise you won't be regret it.

Other than that I've been doing a lot of shooting at the indoor range lately and starting to compete. I'm doing well and having fun! It will have to last until October!

• Like 1

Jodi, did you get that exhaust fixed up on your bike?

No not yet. Jill and Charlie did end up finding it though. But Mike ordered me a K&N air filter for my birthday (he gets me the best birthday presents ever :) ) and some jets. I have to take the paddles off tonight, so I can test it around the hood.

Don't know how true it is but I've heard that the K and N shouldn't be used at Coral Pink..Rumor has it that the sand is so fine that it gets through the filter.........

With an outerwear and properly oiled/ maintained it's fine. I've been there several times with my Raptor with a K&N and it is going on 10 years of running strong and never being opened up.

K&N and jets are good, might as well buy a slip on at least for it while your at it. That thing needs some power. and electric start.. lol by the time i got it started i was too tired to ride.

You just have to know the tricks, she is a bit temperamental. Yeah sometimes the kick start is a pain. I also need to order thesteering stablizer rebuild kit.

I trust Mike would not get me something I couldn't use at coral he has never steered me wrong yet :)

I would say that Pete's experience with them says it all. I have never had a problem either but I have never owned anything long enough to notice a problem. anything has to be better than the filter she has now. It has been glued and sown back together with safety wire. :rolleyes:

maybe that's what helped the parts fall out the bikes a$$... lol

I got the K&N, outerwear, and put an outerwear over the top of the box, running no lid, but should help for sure keeping the sh*t out of the box. the stock lid has a big hole in it after all.

@Jodi, you just need to get the good stabalizer that Mike and I have. looks better, and works better, costs more, but how much is the rebuild and how many times will it need that?