Polaris Predator/Apple Valley sh*t talk

Bound4Dirt

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK SO I AM LATE GETTING BACK IN.. BUT YES 15T I GAINED ALOT!! :laughoff: NOT HAVING TO SHIFT ALL THE TIME IS GOOD FOR ME :laughoff: NOW WHEN THE RED PRED WAS MINE I WAS 7 TO 2 OVER YOU BOUND!! :stirthepot: BUT ITS ALL IN THE PAST... I AM A HONDA 450 MAN NOW :blury:

AND MRS DADDY ONLY RIDES WHEN SHE WANTS :slap:

OH YEA ALMOST FORGOT.... YOU BEAT MY 450 AND IT WAS BONE STOCK. :slap: AND A SLIP ON AND SMALL JET INCREASE AND WE ARE 1 AND 1.... :laughoff: BUT WE WILL SEE NEXT WEEK WHEN THE REST OF THE GOODS GET HERE :blury: IT WAS A GOOD RACE BUT WELL NOT GONNA SAY ANYTHING JUST LET THE 450 TALK FOR ITS SELF :stirthepot:

This thread should be renamed Predator talk.

This is the stupidest thread Ive ever read.

Also Ive never been beaten on my Raptor by a Predator

HMMM.. I ate up a 660 at dumont OVER AND OVER on the first weekend of November. Nothing special about mine besides the jet and slip on. He had at least a slip on. OH Yeah and he was like 160 lbs and I am 6'3" 215lbs. Still walked all over him. The only quad giving me troubles in those races was a yfz450 that had a full yoshimura exhaust and a kid about 150lbs on it. He would get about 4 lengths ahead and stay there. But I would expect that from a quad that from a yfz.

OH YEA ALMOST FORGOT.... YOU BEAT MY 450 AND IT WAS BONE STOCK. :drunk: AND A SLIP ON AND SMALL JET INCREASE AND WE ARE 1 AND 1.... :rockwoot: BUT WE WILL SEE NEXT WEEK WHEN THE REST OF THE GOODS GET HERE :dunno: IT WAS A GOOD RACE BUT WELL NOT GONNA SAY ANYTHING JUST LET THE 450 TALK FOR ITS SELF :beercheers:

I need my goods too. Got to keep up with the Jones :think::driver:

OK SO I AM LATE GETTING BACK IN.. BUT YES 15T I GAINED ALOT!! :rockwoot: NOT HAVING TO SHIFT ALL THE TIME IS GOOD FOR ME :dance: NOW WHEN THE RED PRED WAS MINE I WAS 7 TO 2 OVER YOU BOUND!! :beercheers: BUT ITS ALL IN THE PAST... I AM A HONDA 450 MAN NOW :driver:

AND MRS DADDY ONLY RIDES WHEN SHE WANTS :think:

7 or 2, I won the last rounds like Rocky says. :drunk::dunno:

Edited by Bound4Dirt

Not really...I stopped paying attention after like the 20th post. I have no clue wf is going on. :think::beercheers::rockwoot::driver:

sh*t talking. Nothing more, nothing less. :dunno: Then there was the how2 with the 15T sprocket also. It's all good.

Edited by Bound4Dirt

VegasPredator is out skipping work looking for those Sprockets in town lol. One for him and one for me. I think he's going to try to get them overnighted from Magic though. Haven't seen him online since he bailed at lunch time.

That's awsome! How is the reliability? Knock 1/2 off and I am all over it. :thumb:

It's pretty much for racing, I believe. Not sure about reliability. I did talk to a guy at Dumont who has a 560 kit (I think he said) and it's sick powerful. He says it's every bit as reliable as stock. There are a few companies out there offering the 560 stuff.

http://www.atv.info/articlePrint.cfm?id=46

The one on that link is extreme in every way. The guy I met at Dumont had a more stock looking Predator if I remember correctly, running the 560.

Edited by MindTrigger

That guy is Grant and his quad has 100's upon 100's of hours with zero problems. Well engine problems that is. He rides with my neighbor, who lets just say... he is as sharp as a marble when it comes to riding... He on many occasions has ran into Grant on his Honduh and broke off many of grants body parts. But the pred starts every time.

It's pretty much for racing, I believe. Not sure about reliability. I did talk to a guy at Dumont who has a 560 kit (I think he said) and it's sick powerful. He says it's every bit as reliable as stock. There are a few companies out there offering the 560 stuff.

http://www.atv.info/articlePrint.cfm?id=46

The one on that link is extreme in every way. The guy I met at Dumont had a more stock looking Predator if I remember correctly, running the 560.

That is a VERY nice quad. WOW!

I seen this bikein action, wasnt quick at all!

I've seen a 560 Predator out at the dunes and it was very quick. Take off those asian bike goggles you have on, and you will see things more clearly. :beercheers::P The stock 500 isn't slow like every Yamaha owner wants to pretend it is (not saying you ride a Yam, cause I have no idea), and that 560 is built like mad. There is no way it is slow.

As a Predator owner, I'll be the first one to tell you that the *stock* Predator 500 isn't in the same class as the YFZ for racing. The YFZ is a track machine though. It came with ZERO factory mods, and cost nearly another $1000 more out the door. It has a bad a$$ engine for certain.

As you know, Predators (up until this year) came with a bunch of upgrades, including Fox suspension and pro steering (which kicks arse) . My Limited Edition also came with the Troy Lee Edition close ratio gear box, white bros exhaust, douglas yellow label wheels, Maxxis Razr 2 tires, upgraded bumper and grab bar, etc. My LE still cost me probably $700 less out the door than a YFZ. Now I'm doing the rejet, intake, rev box, sprocket etc - still haven't caught up to the cost of a YFZ and have a much better equipped machine. You won't see me bash on the YFZ (or the other 450s) except in fun, because none of them are crappy quads. My uncle has a couple YFZ's and I enjoy messing around on them. His stock suspension SUCKS compared to mine though.

Yes, the predator is heavier, but I'll take the weight with the other features, and reverse which makes mountain trail riding / exploring a dream. I feel the same way about the suspension and steering. VegasPredator and I have taken our quads over trails full of bowling ball size volcanic rocks up in Munds Park, AZ and they went over it very smoothly. The pro steering really shines on terrain like that. If all I wanted was a sand toy, I *might* have purchased a different quad. I did lots of research before buying this, like I do all my vehicles. The engine is rock solid, taken from their snowmobiles, and there are tons of mods for it. It will be interesting to see where the KTM partnership goes. All the big ATV magazines say great things about the predator, including calling it the best "all around" quad. That's exactly what I wanted.

As for good ole fashion sh!te talk, hell I'm down with that too :)

Someone mentioned thinking Polaris was a Canadian company. No, that's Can-Am / Bombardier which I believe is in Quebec. Polaris Industries Inc. is headquartered in Medina, Minnesota.

Edited by MindTrigger

I've seen a 560 Predator out at the dunes and it was very quick. Take off those asian bike goggles you have on, and you will see things more clearly. :beercheers::P The stock 500 isn't slow like every Yamaha owner wants to pretend it is (not saying you ride a Yam, cause I have no idea), and that 560 is built like mad. There is no way it is slow.

As a Predator owner, I'll be the first one to tell you that the *stock* Predator 500 isn't in the same class as the YFZ for racing. The YFZ is a track machine though. It came with ZERO factory mods, and cost nearly another $1000 more out the door. It has a bad a$$ engine for certain.

As you know, Predators (up until this year) came with a bunch of upgrades, including Fox suspension and pro steering (which kicks arse) . My Limited Edition also came with the Troy Lee Edition close ratio gear box, white bros exhaust, douglas yellow label wheels, Maxxis Razr 2 tires, upgraded bumper and grab bar, etc. My LE still cost me probably $700 less out the door than a YFZ. Now I'm doing the rejet, intake, rev box, sprocket etc - still haven't caught up to the cost of a YFZ and have a much better equipped machine. You won't see me bash on the YFZ (or the other 450s) except in fun, because none of them are crappy quads. My uncle has a couple YFZ's and I enjoy messing around on them. His stock suspension SUCKS compared to mine though.

Yes, the predator is heavier, but I'll take the weight with the other features, and reverse which makes mountain trail riding / exploring a dream. I feel the same way about the suspension and steering. VegasPredator and I have taken our quads over trails full of bowling ball size volcanic rocks up in Munds Park, AZ and they went over it very smoothly. The pro steering really shines on terrain like that. If all I wanted was a sand toy, I *might* have purchased a different quad. I did lots of research before buying this, like I do all my vehicles. The engine is rock solid, taken from their snowmobiles, and there are tons of mods for it. It will be interesting to see where the KTM partnership goes. All the big ATV magazines say great things about the predator, including calling it the best "all around" quad. That's exactly what I wanted.

As for good ole fashion sh!te talk, hell I'm down with that too :)

Someone mentioned thinking Polaris was a Canadian company. No, that's Can-Am / Bombardier which I believe is in Quebec. Polaris Industries Inc. is headquartered in Medina, Minnesota.

Good right up. :beercheers:

I love it how you guys are talking about your mods "piped, 15tooth, and JETTED!" LOL. jetted, like its some super mod that gains about 15 horsepower. lol. i guess saying its jetted sounds like something great.

my bikes jetted, i even re-jetted it for coral pink, and im rejetting it again now that im going to a big bore.lol.. yea, i jetted my bike today, keep it on the down low. haha. all jetting does is make the bike run correctly.

Edited by dnchevyman

I love it how you guys are talking about your mods "piped, 15tooth, and JETTED!" LOL. jetted, like its some super mod that gains about 15 horsepower. lol. i guess saying its jetted sounds like something great.

my bikes jetted, i even re-jetted it for coral pink, and im rejetting it again now that im going to a big bore.lol.. yea, i jetted my bike today, keep it on the down low. haha. all jetting does is make the bike run correctly.

From someone who does this for a living (quads/dirt bikes) and see the results from jetting I have to disagree with you. Your right it will not give 15hp, what does? Although, will you notice a difference? Yes you will. Run correctly? Yes. Better? Yes. Faster? Yes. More fuel more power. :beercheers: Someone call Gal Banks Engineer he is going about it all wrong on his chips. :beercheers:

Again, this isn't from "this should work, this shouldn't" This is from "I do this for a living". I have personally raced a non-jetted quad against a quad we jetted and it beat it by 2 quads. I could go on, but in this case I know I am right and my bank account agrees :laughoff:

Edited by Bound4Dirt

I don't think jetting, or the other bolt on mods are a huge deal individually, but I have worked on cars as a hobby for about 20 years now. Every little thing you do makes a difference. Just like how all the little power gains you make add up when you balance a motor, knife your rods, shave the flywheel, etc (parasitic horsepower loss). Individually, they don't look like much on paper, but all together you make a big difference. Even 5hp on one of these little motors is very noticeable. So do other little things like lighter wheels, better paddles, etc. It's all part of building it up.

Later when my motor is ready for a rebuild, I will look at more agressive mods. If it's are worth it and reliable, I may do something like a 560 kit. We'll see.

No one here said "OMFG I'm so jetted... I'm going to Pwn everyone on the the dunes!". Anyone who is into performance vehicles will tell you that every little thing makes a difference. Race cars take every single detail into account. Hell, in Pro Drag racing, they make changes to the motors based on the relative humidity and other atmospheric conditions for the track they are at to get every last drop out of their cars. People will roll there cars up to the line with bags of ice on their intakes to make sure they get a little colder air into the motor for the run.

Here's one for you. My last car, an Audi S4 (Biturbo V6) was so undertuned stock, that I got another 50hp from my motor JUST doing the chip. Ask guys what a chip will do on a Turbo Diesel truck.

Edited by MindTrigger

christ, thats not what i was getting at. judging by your guy's responses, you think im a young kid that doesnt know crap. well, my backround includes (engine tuner for NASCAR Craftsman truck team, i have a camaro that had a 542hp 383 with a 275 shot of nitrous, im a car guy, i know my stuff, ok now that ive said that.) of course jetting it will make it run better and have more power than if its not jetted properly, duh thats a given.

and talking about gale banks and deisel chips, where did that come from, talk about left field. no crap jetting will increase power and make it run better, im not denying that. heck, i even jetted my bike for that reason! how crazy is that! but seriously, making something run correctly is all jetting does. it doesnt really gain horsepower, it just corrects a problem that was robbing horsepower. all youre doing is making it run correctly.

its just funny to me that people associate it to be a big modification, like adding a pipe and a big bore kit, all i was saying is that there are people out there that talk about jetting thier bike, and think its like doing a big bore kit with a turbo. i know its an important part, but its not really a mod persay, its just and adjustment. i guess maybe im not explaining myself good enough. whatever.

Edited by dnchevyman