positive thoughts needed for a friend

dunefreak

I was just informed today that the sister of friend from work was in a car accident. She was traveling down the right hand lane of Nellis Blvd trying to merge over to the middle lane while some guy from the left lane also merged into the middle lane pushing her off the road and into a pole. The impact caused major damage to an artery (sp?) in her neck as it was cut and damaged by the seatbelt. The whiplash also was pretty intense. She was rushed to UMC and has been in the trauma unit all day. She has already suffered 1, possibly 2, stroke(s). :( Right now her body is paralyzed from the neck down. This may or may not be permanant- they don't know. They are going in to attempt to fix one of the damaged arteries in her neck. If they don't she will die. There is about a 60% chance she will survive at this point. :beercheers:

I didn't know her very well, but did met her a couple times. This is very sad especially because she is only like 19 or 20 years old. :(

Everyone please think positive thoughts for her or say a prayer. Her family and friends are a wreck right now. :(

Pete, do you know her name? Thats very sad to hear, ill keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Her family needs to stay strong and positive, thats going to help her tremendously. Easier said than done, but ill be saying a prayer for her. if there anything else I can do, please let me know.

Thanks so much, everyone.

I got a call tonight from my friend and heard that after they worked on the artery in her neck within about 10 minutes she was smiling and moving various parts of her body! She was even trying to talk. :D

They said she did suffer 2 small strokes, but it seems she is doing way better. As of now I don't know if there is any damage that has been done from the strokes. We'll just have to wait and see.

It's amazing how things happen in life sometimes. Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers. I will let them know you were all thinking of her. :beercheers:

I'll post more info when I heard more.

That is horrible. I'm glad to see that she is recovering. A torn artery (yes you spelled it right Pete) is a serious injury, but the fact that she moving around already is a very good sign. At least she is young, so most likely she will recover and hopefully not have any long term problems.

It's crazy how life can change in a second's time!! She is definitely in our thoughts and prayers. God bless her and we wish her the speediest recovery possible!!

- Tiff (Craig was logged on to my computer so I just figured out I am signed in as him :beercheers: )

Edited by wingnut

Update: She IS improving.

She is kinda able to talk, but her speach is very difficult to understand. They hope it isn't from the stroke(s), but more than likely it is mostly from all the stitches in her mouth. The impact caused her to bite down and cut her tongue very badly. She can feel most of her lower part of her body now, but some areas are iffy. They are hoping that she regains all the feeling in her body and that she pulls through. I guess they are taking it day by day at this point to wait for her to heal. She also has a very badly injured hand. When she hit, she put one of her hands up and it went through part of the broken windshield cutting between teh webbing of two of her fingers. :barf: She has alot of stitches there as well.

Oh and BTW Stacey, her name is Nicole. I forgot to reply to you early about that.

I will relay all the positive & kind words to the family. Thanks guys.