Any Couples Contemplating kids?

Duneraider

I have a house full of 12 year old girls for a sleepover tonight.

I miss having daughters.

I have sons this go a round which is great, but girls are excellent too.

Boys do just boys stuff, but girls do boys and girls stuff.

That extra feminin touch of having daughters in the home works for me.

Anyone of you couples thinking of kids or no kids?

What are your thoughts and takes?

Girls are cool,, all is not lost.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a house full of 12 year old girls for a sleepover tonight.

I miss having daughters.

I have sons this go a round which is great, but girls are excellent too.

Boys do just boys stuff, but girls do boys and girls stuff.

That extra feminin touch of having daughters in the home works for me.

Anyone of you couples thinking of kids or no kids?

What are your thoughts and takes?

Girls are cool,, all is not lost.

girls suck! dont have kids! :beercheers:

well my wife is....iam not...dont know who she will have kids with...but..

just kidding, she does want kids,.....me not so much, i already have a 15 year old, and thats all that i honestly want. I would rather be the rich aunt and uncle with all the cool toys....

well my wife is....iam not...dont know who she will have kids with...but..

:laughoff:

That was funny..anyway

Well, I am not a couple...but I personally don't want kids and when I was married he did want kids, so that had some to do with us parting ways. As I see it now, being single, it would have to be discussed and agreed upon before I could take a relationship to the next step.

Kids are cool, but even cooler when you can give them back :redneck: . I have 4 younger siblings to get rid of any thought I might have about reconsidering :beercheers: .

I had one daughter probably would have had more but got divorced when she was 1. Being a single mom stinks. But it was all worth it. Found someone that was willing to take my daughter and I on. He has twin boys so it was a good mix. She has given me 2 grandsons and a son-in-law that is a great dad. Now I get to be the cool granny with the fun toys Could not imagine life without any of them.

Don't have kids! Enjoy life and let the other people do it. There are enough welfare mothers out there that need a raise so they keep having more kids for us to support. If you need a kid fix become a member of Big Brothers and Big Sisters of America. Or better yet become a foster parent. :beercheers:

I personally love having boys. I have 3 boys and I have a couple friends who each have three girls and I would not trade for anything. NO WAY would I want girls. They are fine and cutsie when they're little but when they hit pre-teen and get all hormonal watch out! And then you have to deal with the boyfriends and being emotional and crying over some boy :barf: . Anyway just my opinion. Boys are soooo much easier. And not to mention cheaper.

I have one child a boy, lives in Wa. State with his dad. Too hot for him down here. But he comes to visit every summer :think::barf:

I thought about doing it again and I love my son, wouldn't trade him for anything in the world! Love you Michael!

But kids are expensive. Getting ready to pay for college!! And then if you have a girl you have to pay for the wedding after you pay for the college. Or on top of it.

Get a dog! Dogs are great!

Edited by buggychick

don't get bent, as this is just the flip-sideof the coin for all you saying don't have kids, have fun the rest of your life.

we all complain about the loser people that roll out to dumont during DEE DEE DEE weekend. Do you think they had responsible people as parents like us?

we all own toys, we take care of them. most own toyhaulers, we take care of them. many here have pets, we take care of them....homeowners....website controllers :barf: ...etc

question....Who is more qualified to have kids? think about it. to be able to pass the great sport we love down tothe next generation, and be RESPONSIBLE about it.

this is one of the reasons our society is going down the toilet. people that are responsible are choosing to not have kids, due to whatever personal reason, are the ones that need to have kids so that our society doesn't fall further down the crapper.

ok, rant over

cheese

The world is already over populated. The problem is you can't cure stupid. There are sooooooo many people out there that shouldn't be having sex because it might end up in pregnancy and they can't even take care of their ownselves without a kid. If responsible adults want to have kids that's great. When I talk about most of the welfare trash out there, I haven't met anybody from this board that falls in that category. It's too expensive to play in the sand and be accepting government cheese.

this is one of the reasons our society is going down the toilet. people that are responsible are choosing to not have kids, due to whatever personal reason, are the ones that need to have kids so that our society doesn't fall further down the crapper.

ok, rant over

cheese

ok Jason, don't get bent over this, but......this is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard you say. :think: So what your're saying is.....for the sake of society I have to have kids even though I do not ever want them in life? :shocked:

I'm gonna have to sound selfish and say......UHHH NO! I care more about my personal happiness than the rest of the world's problems like kids that are being raised like chit. :barf:

I personally love having boys. I have 3 boys and I have a couple friends who each have three girls and I would not trade for anything. NO WAY would I want girls. They are fine and cutsie when they're little but when they hit pre-teen and get all hormonal watch out! And then you have to deal with the boyfriends and being emotional and crying over some boy :think: . Anyway just my opinion. Boys are soooo much easier. And not to mention cheaper.

We have 2 of each. My oldest (son) is from my "previous life". Davey is the only dad he has known and I am very lucky he took him under his wing. I did always want a girl and I got my way twice over. I know whatcha mean about horrormones, they run rampant in this house! Despite the emotional issues, I am really enjoying my girls these days. Not interested in boys YET, 13½ and just turned 12. We have a good time together and our conversations have reached a new level. I'm sure boyfriends will be a HUGE issue with them so close in age. Our youngest, Little David, well I would definately not accuse him of being easier!! You know that curse our parents put on us, "I hope you have one JUST LIKE YOU!" Well my mother-in-law got her way and he is a whole other thread all by himself! :barf::D

Or better yet become a foster parent. :barf:

Ya know Don, with the foster care system in such crisis here in Vegas, I have been SO considering doing this! My problem is I would get so attached I probably wouldn't want to let him/her go. :(

ok, rant over

cheese

I understand your point cheese, but don't neccessarily agree: "to be able to pass the great sport we love down tothe next generation, and be RESPONSIBLE about it." Not my #1 reason for having kids. That's just been icing on the cake. :D

Throughout the years, I have met many people that wanted children desperately, but were not able to for whatever reason. Then there's the flipside, TOO many of the "wrong" people pumping out kids right and left and not capable of being good parents. It's difficult for us parents to understand why non-parents have chosen that path, because children fill a special place in our heart that we did not know was empty!

ok Jason, don't get bent over this, but......this is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard you say. :think: So what your're saying is.....for the sake of society I have to have kids even though I do not ever want them in life? :jester:

I'm gonna have to sound selfish and say......UHHH NO! I care more about my personal happiness than the rest of the world's problems like kids that are being raised like chit. :barf:

are you sure about that Pete??? cause Ive said some pretty stupid things :shocked:

it's all good pete :D

i am not saying for the sake of society to have kids, and that all responsible people have a responsibility to have responsible kids, and make our society a better place

I am just saying that we all complain about 'tardo people out there, when, if we have children, and teach them better, then we know we have done our job to teach the next generation the skills to be responsible, and stay out of trouble. We can point to that when we encounter tardos out there, and think about how we raised our kids, compare that to what we have experienced, and know that we have done a good job, because no one is probably complaining about our kids.

:jester:

Edited by RICHARDCHEESE

You have to pass a test to get a drivers license, why not to have kids??

:barf::think:

i completely agree with that.. :jester:

look at how insignificant our government has made being a good parent :shocked:

you have to be able to show skills not only with hands on experience, but also pass a written test to get a drivers license. also, consequently, take tests every 4 to 8 years to continue to hold your license.

yet, any idiot can attempt to change the face of society, and litter the earth with their filth??????

WTF is that? :jester:

I personally love having boys. I have 3 boys and I have a couple friends who each have three girls and I would not trade for anything. NO WAY would I want girls. They are fine and cutsie when they're little but when they hit pre-teen and get all hormonal watch out! And then you have to deal with the boyfriends and being emotional and crying over some boy :dope: . Anyway just my opinion. Boys are soooo much easier. And not to mention cheaper.

and how! :D

because children fill a special place in our heart that we did not know was empty!

Kell, I love ya, but I HATE that argument!!! :banghead: I am not missing out on anything by not having babies. In fact, I am gaining way more! Anything you get to love fills a place in your heart, but there is not a special "baby love bubble" that is hidden until you pop one out.

If God forbid I ended up pregnant there would be a nice family that desperetly wanted kids getting a surprise on their doorstep.

I feel blessed to have found a guy who feels the same way, every other nut I've dated wanted one :coocoo:

Got enough kids here...Thats why I went and got snipped!!!!!! :freakin_nuts: :no_no:

Me too....soon. :shake:

It's difficult for us parents to understand why non-parents have chosen that path...

I struggle with that everytime I read or hear about folks not wanting kids, but it's their choice even if I don't understand. :finger: I have to respect that.....

Kids will change you forever and teach you some things you thought you'd never have to experience. I wouldn't be the person I am today if it wasn't for the experiences I've had in my life....and having a child is a big part of that. I wouldn't change a thing.