Any Couples Contemplating kids?

Duneraider

I had 3 daughters. They are all moved out and doing there own thing. I also have 2 grandsons. This may sound sad to alot of you. But, I DON'T MISS ANY OF THEM. I did a good job for 26 years (give or take). I am done. I love doing my own thing with, where and how and with whom I want. I can tell you one thing. I know my life would be way different had I not had kids. :freakin_nuts:

:finger::shake::clap: Monkey and Freak. My friend feels the sameway. :no_no:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Myself and the wife have talked it over and we dont really want kids right NOW! maybe 10 years down the road... who knows... i might just say fugg it and setup a DDR Group buy at the doc's office so we can get a discount to be baby free :D... She wants to adopt because she is afraid of labor i told her fk no... i dont want anyone elses problems i want to create my own :P... as of right now we arent trying and after living with my sister in law and seeing how her kids behave and how they destroyed my house in 3 months... im bout ready to join the crew and get snipped myself... children are the debil!!!

I have two kids, been a single dad now for 2 1/2 years it was hard at first but I wouldn't change a thing. my son will be 6 in july and my daughter will be 4 in september. they are the best thing that had ever happend to me...

Edited by DIRTY DYKSTRA

my sone is one of the best things that has happened to me . i to wouldn't change it for the world . and i said in the beginning i'm never having kids and i'm going to live at home til i'm 40 (never happened) :thumbsdown: . in time things change and people change .ones that say they dont want kids will most likely have'em and the ones that do want them don't or can't :laughing::idiot: just my 2

Me too....soon. :beerpint:

I struggle with that everytime I read or hear about folks not wanting kids, but it's their choice even if I don't understand. :idiot: I have to respect that.....

Kids will change you forever and teach you some things you thought you'd never have to experience. I wouldn't be the person I am today if it wasn't for the experiences I've had in my life....and having a child is a big part of that. I wouldn't change a thing.

What is so hard to understand? Some things you just don't want to do, without even having to think about it. The experiences I'll have in my life will also make me a great person, but you cannot say that those lessons are more or less valuable than those you get from having kids. Sure you wouldn't be the person you are today, but perhaps you would have been an equally great or better person w/o kids. You can't judge on what hasn't happened.

The money I would have spent on their education will take me all over the world. The time and effort I would have spent will contribute to some important cause. The love I am "missing out on" doesn't exist, I have all the love I'll ever need!

my sone is one of the best things that has happened to me . i to wouldn't change it for the world . and i said in the beginning i'm never having kids and i'm going to live at home til i'm 40 (never happened) :thumbsdown: . in time things change and people change .ones that say they dont want kids will most likely have'em and the ones that do want them don't or can't :banghead::laughing: just my 2

Speak for yourself; I hope we still know each other 40yrs from now.

I have a wonderful 2 year old daughter with my wife of almost 10 ten years and I wouldn't change a thing. I truely believe that if a woman has a mellow pregnancy, then the kid will be mellow also. My wife had a very mellow time and my kid is just awesome! She hangs out and chills anywhere, she is not a crabby baby, nor is she a whiner. She rides in my rail like a champ and she wants to go "up, down" all the hills, especially the tallest ones she can see. Her first camping trip was an overnight trip to the beach when she was 11 days old... :dance: She calls my rail the "Up, Down car"..... :laughoff: My wife and I are mellow people and we just like to hang out and have a good time, and that's hiow my daughter is.

If you are thinking about having kids, my advise is to make sure you are ready, financially, physically, & mentally. But once you have a kid and it's all said and done, you'll be happy you did. My wife and I waited until we were 34 and 32 respectively andI think that had a lot do to with it also.

Just my :2cents:

post-17-1178175587.jpg

Kell, I love ya, but I HATE that argument!!! :laughoff: I am not missing out on anything by not having babies. In fact, I am gaining way more! Anything you get to love fills a place in your heart, but there is not a special "baby love bubble" that is hidden until you pop one out.

If God forbid I ended up pregnant there would be a nice family that desperetly wanted kids getting a surprise on their doorstep.

I feel blessed to have found a guy who feels the same way, every other nut I've dated wanted one :2cents:

It's better to NOT WANT & NOT HAVE than to HAVE & NOT WANT. It's an old arguement. It comes down to your choice your life. If you might ever get the urge, barrow one.

Edited by BALL-N-CHAIN

What is so hard to understand? Some things you just don't want to do, without even having to think about it. The experiences I'll have in my life will also make me a great person, but you cannot say that those lessons are more or less valuable than those you get from having kids. Sure you wouldn't be the person you are today, but perhaps you would have been an equally great or better person w/o kids. You can't judge on what hasn't happened.

The money I would have spent on their education will take me all over the world. The time and effort I would have spent will contribute to some important cause. The love I am "missing out on" doesn't exist, I have all the love I'll ever need!

Speak for yourself; I hope we still know each other 40yrs from now.

hey dunie i wasn't singleing any one person out i was just giving my two cents on what i've seen and experienced :laughoff:

I never said that one wouldn't be a great person with or without kids. I worded my response carefully in an attempt to make sure it wasn't an attack, because I truly don't understand. I think I failed at that. I would never say/write anything to hurt anyone when it comes to this subject....never. It is a matter of individual choice.

Once you have a child in your life you would understand why I don't understand. :laughoff: I'm sure there are many great people past, present, and future that didn't have children.

Someday.....I look forward to grandkids....and teaching them how to responsibly dune. There's something about passing on tradition to the next generation for me.

if your going to have kids then have them, don't wait tell you have enough monney or keep putting it off tell your ready because if you do you will never have enough monney and will never be ready. or you will be to old to enjoy them and play with them. so if you want kids have them...

I am 27 and have been married for 5 years. I have 2 kids a daughter who is 4 and a son who is 1, they are my world and we are thinking of another if money permits and time.

The girl is my angel who keeps me soft and loving and the boy is growing on me, he is tuff and big like his papa so to be all lovey dovey with him is ok for a few more years. I am the only one out of my friends who has kids and is married and i love it.

ALL I CAN SAY IS ONLY HAVE THEM IF YOU ARE READY< THEY NEED YOU IN THERE LIFE AND UNDERSTANDABLY SOMETIMES THINGS DONT WORK OUT BUT STILL BE THERE FOR YOUR KIDS. THEY ARE LOST WITHOUT YOU..

Wow

This thread is black or white

I was black.. now white

I have a 2 YO boy. Love him like I thoght I would never love anything. I can say that I have friends that have kids, and ones that don't. Each love their life..

Life is what you make of it!!!! Kids or NOT.. Live life to the FULLEST!!!!!!!! I think 99% of DDR peeps do just that.. Or we wouldn't have the toys and life such as we have...

So if you have kids you WILL love them, (or so I hope) if you don't.. Live life to the fullest as we all should.. BE HAPPY in what eva you do..

Ok I am done singing the carpenters song now

Wow

This thread is black or white

I was black.. now white

I have a 2 YO boy. Love him like I thoght I would never love anything. I can say that I have friends that have kids, and ones that don't. Each love their life..

Life is what you make of it!!!! Kids or NOT.. Live life to the FULLEST!!!!!!!! I think 99% of DDR peeps do just that.. Or we wouldn't have the toys and life such as we have...

So if you have kids you WILL love them, (or so I hope) if you don't.. Live life to the fullest as we all should.. BE HAPPY in what eva you do..

Ok I am done singing the carpenters song now

Paul you make it sound like the people that don't want kids would not love them if they had em. That is not the case with me. If I had a kid of course I would love it, but I just choose to not have kids in life is all. It's not that big of a deal, but to some it seems that way. :laughing:

And yes...I live life to the fullest. I am a firm believer in that. :headbang1:

Well Im excited as hell to be having a little girl in about 3 1/2 months!!! :finger::grin:

Congrat's bro........ :flipoff::laughoff::bs: She will have you wrapped around her tiny finger 20 minutes after you see her and hold her...............I know I was wrapped when I had my baby girl.

:bs:

Paul you make it sound like the people that don't want kids would not love them if they had em. That is not the case with me. If I had a kid of course I would love it, but I just choose to not have kids in life is all. It's not that big of a deal, but to some it seems that way. :flipoff:

And yes...I live life to the fullest. I am a firm believer in that. :laughoff:

Pete no that was not my intent. What I am saying is to each his own!

Have kids great. (They can be) dont have kids also great. Hey I didnt have kids until I was almost 40 so I know the other life... It was ALL good then too.

:disco-dance: MY WIFE AND I HAVE 5 KIDS 1 HERS 3 MINE 1 OURS. AGES 14 12 12 11 7MO. THEY ARE A HANDFUL KEEP YOU BUSY AND KEEP YOU BROKE BUT THEY ARE AWESOME TO HAVE AROUND. TEACH THEM, PARENT THEM, LOVE THEM, ALWAYS BE THERE FOR THEM, AND ALL THINGS WILL BE O.K ALL MY KIDS HAVE BIKES EXCEPT THE LITTLE GUY, AS SOON AS I CONVINCE MY WIFE HE TO WILL BE RIDING(CAUSE IF HE CAN HOLD A BOTTLE HE CAN HOLD A THROTTLE) THAT'S MY 2 CENTS ON KIDS, THANKS:laughing:

It's not that big of a deal, but to some it seems that way. :disco-dance:

Just as long as you realize that I don't think it's a big deal...I just don't understand it, that's all.

:disco-dance: