Ya ever have someone in the group that over-invites friends?

Duneraider

We usually camp alone.

But sometimes someone will ask if they can join us with their rig.

Half the time it's OK, but sometimes they invite everyone they know too.

They invite far more than they can accomodate. They invite people with no food, no sand toys, no RV or even a tent, have never ever even been to the dunes.

Too cold to sleep in their car,,, ain't no one loaning their toys to them.

One time at Glamis a guy invited 12 non-duning friends, and they all showed up with even more friends.

They wanted to borrow everyones rides, they had no place to sleep, no food, it was chaos.

Total strangers to everyone else. They just hung around.

My kids asked me once to stop letting strangers into our RV when others in the group over-invite.

They had good reasons.

Just sick of it. Lack of privacy,,, it sucked.

It woke me up, and when others in the group over-invite, our answer is we can't accomdate you.

You invite them, you take care of them.

We're at the river and each one of our kids invites a friend.

Our RV is 32' long, and can handle that.

The boat sits 9.

But we often get the parents wanting to come along too.

We can't handle that.

It's 109 outside, we're packed, and the pressure starts:

"We'll sleep in our truck, we'll sit on the floor of the boat",,,,

yap yap yap.

Nah we tell them.

Assist those in the group yes, accomodate negligence no.

Edited by Duneraider

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate that too! Especially when someone asks you to ride your quad when you don't even know them. I don't let anyone ride my quad, and the few times I have, they have abused it.

I think we've all experienced 'those' people. Once my husband invited this old guy that came with some people we were camped with to go ahead and stay in our trailer. OMG!!! He proceded to get wasted and after everyone (but me, of course, because I couldn't sleep til the trailer was locked up for the nite) came stumbling into the trailer. He nearly broke the table when he fell onto it. I was sooooo pissed, I told hubby no more inviting people.

We have a guy like that also! :thumb:

Always invites himself, never brings food, drinks, or even gas. Guy has his own bike but always wants to use our stuff, guy has lots of $$$$, just doesn't want to spend it when someone else provides for him!! :finger:

We solved the "can I just sleep in the 5th Wheel" problem! We down sized. We offered to sell him the 5th Wheel at a great price and it was a no man I don't want to spend that kind of money. :angry2: Too bad come riding season this year its going to be - dude it must suck to be you!! Cause :dunno: where we are going this weekend, I am thinking JV :MBdance: when we're actually sitting in the sand at Dumont :laughing::offtopic:

Maybe then he'll get the point!!

I think we've all experienced 'those' people. Once my husband invited this old guy that came with some people we were camped with to go ahead and stay in our trailer. OMG!!! He proceded to get wasted and after everyone (but me, of course, because I couldn't sleep til the trailer was locked up for the nite) came stumbling into the trailer. He nearly broke the table when he fell onto it. I was sooooo pissed, I told hubby no more inviting people.

and he tried to sleep in my bed

ewww

and he tried to sleep in my bed

ewww

You should have had Chris Hanson out. Then you could have had the first "Dateline NBC, how to catch a predator, Dumont edition"... :laughing:

People seem to think just because your rv sleeps six that its ok to have six people in it all the time. I personally like my privacy and my freedom when I go to the dunes. Every so often I dont mind if someone crashes with me if I ASK THEM. But it gets real old when people ask, Dude can I just crash with you, Or do you have room for me. Yes I have room, But no, I dont want you stayin with me. If everyone would just start charging the freeloaders $50 a night or so. I think there would be less of this problem. And of course, Collect it up front. I personally think, If someone ask to ride out to the dunes with you, They should pay for all of the gas. Its my truck and trailer being used. Why shouldnt they pay for the gas? Just my 2 cents worth.

Wow I guess everyone has that problem.... :angry22:

I hate that too everytime i go to Glamis I take both my bikes because I use my black one for the hill and the other to dune mash and everyone thinks I'm a ______ because I say no.... I learned from experience never to lend no one crap!!!! I had one of my brothers friend totally rolled over my brand new Raptor in Gordon Wells I was like crying so much and I said for now on I'm never leading nothing out no matter how much they say I'm a selfish prick!!!!

I mean c'mon you still take people along who pitch for no gas, no food and sleep nice and warm and they still want you to use your stuff hell no!!!!

( YOU BRAKE IT YOU BUY IT)

or simply go buy your own!!!

My rule is that the person that is borrowing one of my toys has to be either have the money to fix it on the spot or at least the next day if they break something. As far as people tring to crash in my spot, I haven't upgraded from a tent to a hauler yet so not many people ask if any.

Oh by the way anyone one have a bike or hauler I can borrow for the night ride? :laughing::offtopic:

Try putting up a large landmark like a Mcflurry or a big gay ballon

and see how many uninvited guest you have show up in your camp

last halloween I had 150 plus peolpe in my camp. :offtopic: that

Well 146 right Brice.. course I was on the THIRD ring so I wasn't technically in your camp :laughing: but that was :MBdance:

Try putting up a large landmark like a Mcflurry or a big gay ballon

and see how many uninvited guest you have show up in your camp

last halloween I had 150 plus peolpe in my camp. :thumb: that

EXACTLY! :laughing: Enough is enough. I enjoy a big group of friends as much as the next guy, but when it starts to get really really big, that's when I draw the line. After a while you don't even know all is IN your camp. :offtopic: This is exactly why there is no official "DDR Camp" anymore. :MBdance:

People seem to think just because your rv sleeps six that its ok to have six people in it all the time. I personally like my privacy and my freedom when I go to the dunes. Every so often I dont mind if someone crashes with me if I ASK THEM. But it gets real old when people ask, Dude can I just crash with you, Or do you have room for me. Yes I have room, But no, I dont want you stayin with me. If everyone would just start charging the freeloaders $50 a night or so. I think there would be less of this problem. And of course, Collect it up front. I personally think, If someone ask to ride out to the dunes with you, They should pay for all of the gas. Its my truck and trailer being used. Why shouldnt they pay for the gas? Just my 2 cents worth.

:angry2: yup!

what has happened with us before, is our car breaks and the people riding in it didnt offer to even help fix it. and our friends that were not even riding in it helped. but when it gets fixed the guys that dont do any thing but want rides are right back in the seats :offtopic:. flash or cash no free rides! :laughing: haha jk

Edited by tanner54

what has happened with us before, is our car breaks and the people riding in it didnt offer to even help fix it. and our friends that were not even riding in it helped. but when it gets fixed the guys that dont do any thing but want rides are right back in the seats :dope:. flash or cash no free rides! :worthless_without_pics: thats what i say. haha lol

What? You expect your passengers to pay for your repairs in your 4 seater? Is that what our saying? I can see helping out getting dirty and all, but paying? :whistle:

Even in my 2 seater, I have never expected any of my friends or passengers to ever pay or kick in $ when my car breaks. My friends are always right there to help. Thats what friends are for. Help each other out. :banghead:

What? You expect your passengers to pay for your repairs in your 4 seater? Is that what our saying? I can see helping out getting dirty and all, but paying? :worthless_without_pics:

Even in my 2 seater, I have never expected any of my friends or passengers to ever pay or kick in $ when my car breaks. My friends are always right there to help. Thats what friends are for. Help each other out. :banghead:

haha no i mean just help out with the fix. flash or cash was just a joke

Let me chime in here, had a buddy do the same sh*t, had a bike and never brought gas or food, just beer in which it may work for some but i dont drink so he can keep that crap, brings nothing but peanut butter and jelly while me and my wife are eating 3 course meals, i felt bad and always asked him if he was hungry and of course he said yes. Then he would get picky about stuff and that ended it right there with the wife, she cut him off..

I never let anyone ride the bike, i know they dont ride as good as me and may fall or aint going to pay for crap on it if they do break it, and i keep friends alot longer if i dont let them ride it.

I had some friends out of no wear call and wanted to see if we were going to join in on a camping trip, they never call to say hi or how we are doing but 2 weeks before the trip they were wondering if i was towing the hauler to pismo and kept calling back till i relized they wanted to stay in it, pisses me off cuz i would go rent some sh*t if i need it, and they are the ones who swear they make so much money and never rent or buy sh*t....

WHen i first started camping with the hauler my wife wanted to invite people till she found out how un gratefull they are , not all but alot of them..

I really dont mind in some cases if they are nice and courteous...

Edited by 1BADYFZ

haha no i mean just help out with the fix. flash or cash was just a joke

oh ok, haha I thought you expected people to pay for your chit. Like if yoru trans were to go you'd expect them to kick in $$ to have it fixed. I was like wtf? :dope::whistle:

I got some spots if anyone wants to crash in my tent :worthless_without_pics: .

Cool, I've got like 10 friends that will take you up on that offer. You can squeeze them in right? How about beer, can you pay for that as well? They are gonna need food and snacks as well. Your awesome Kristin. What a girl! :banghead:

Cool, I've got like 10 friends that will take you up on that offer. You can squeeze them in right? How about beer, can you pay for that as well? They are gonna need food and snacks as well. Your awesome Kristin. What a girl! :worthless_without_pics:

10 people in the tent is no problem :banghead: ! Now for beer, I dont drink it so I dont buy it :D . Food and snacks, hmm they might think twice after tasting my cooking :banghead: .

So Pete, you going to take me along on the next trip :dope: ? I will set up my tent and grill for your friends and mooch off you in return. :whistle:

Edited by Foxysandchick

when i was a kid, my dad used to keep a tent in the trailer for the mouchers to use. if they could not set it up they would sleep under the stars. after a couple of trips the mouchers stoped asking to go with us. as for :banghead: you break it you buy it. you want to play, you got to pay..

we all work hard for our toys, it sucks when other people break them

Let me chime in here, had a buddy do the same sh*t, had a bike and never brought gas or food, just beer in which it may work for some but i dont drink so he can keep that crap, brings nothing but peanut butter and jelly while me and my wife are eating 3 course meals, i felt bad and always asked him if he was hungry and of course he said yes. Then he would get picky about stuff and that ended it right there with the wife, she cut him off..

I never let anyone ride the bike, i know they dont ride as good as me and may fall or aint going to pay for crap on it if they do break it, and i keep friends alot longer if i dont let them ride it.

I had some friends out of no wear call and wanted to see if we were going to join in on a camping trip, they never call to say hi or how we are but 2 weeks before the trip they were wondering if i was towing the hauler there and kept calling back till i relized they wanted to stay in it, pisses me off cuz i would go rent some sh*t if i need it, and they are the ones who swear they make so much money and never rent or buy sh*t....

WHen i first started camping with the hauler my wife wanted to invite people till she found out how un gratefull they are , not all but alot of them..

I really dont mind in some cases if they are nice and courteous...

I know exactly how you feel Sam. I am always willing to put up friends in my hauler who are grateful and DON'T EXPECT it. It's the people that show up with nothing at all and just wait for you to offer cause that's the kind of person you are- THAT pisses me off.

I don't worry too much about it anymore. I guess I have become sort of an a$$hole to be able to say: no, my woman and I would like to enjoy our own truck and privacy of our hauler that together equate to about 80,000 freakin dollars that I work my a$$ off everyday for. :worthless_without_pics: :banghead: