New addition to the family

ash

Sorry, but the pics aren't the greatest. It was snowing all weekend where I was. Overall, I love the truck. The biggest downside to it is the gas mileage but that will get better as the miles get put on. Other than that, it's a well thought out truck :beercheers:

post-625-1191815528_thumb.jpg

post-625-1191815569_thumb.jpg

post-625-1191815593_thumb.jpg

post-625-1191815617_thumb.jpg

The bumper camera

post-625-1191815645_thumb.jpg

The hitch camera

post-625-1191815667_thumb.jpg

Another shot of the hitch camera

post-625-1191815696_thumb.jpg

I should be getting the hitch installed this week sometime, and then I'm hookn' up to the trailer and taking it up Mt. Potosi to see what she'll do.

Very nice , Congrats Ash :beercheers: So where were you that it was snowing already?

We have a cabin in Utah. It was not supposed to be snowing this early, but a cold front came through this weekend. It snowed on me from Cedar City to Duck Creek on Friday night and then again all day on Saturday. Today was nice though, sunny and ony 33 degrees when we left at noon.

Ash does it have the ladder in the tailgate?

It does. When you let the tailgate down, you can pull the step out and then there is a bar right inside the tailgate that lifts up so you can help yourself into the bed. I'll take a picture of it and post it up.

It does. When you let the tailgate down, you can pull the step out and then there is a bar right inside the tailgate that lifts up so you can help yourself into the bed. I'll take a picture of it and post it up.

How stable feeling is it?

On my way home from Dumont yesterday, there were 2 brand new ford f 450's towing 5th wheels broken down on the side of the 15 frwy. 1 of them had already disconnected his trailer and was getting loaded onto a flat bed and the other had its hood open and was smoking when I went by. Does anyone know what is going on with these new trucks? So far since they have been out, I have seen 4 of them broken down on the side of the road while towing heavy trailers. Have you heard any feedback on this Ash?

On my way home from Dumont yesterday, there were 2 brand new ford f 450's towing 5th wheels broken down on the side of the 15 frwy. 1 of them had already disconnected his trailer and was getting loaded onto a flat bed and the other had its hood open and was smoking when I went by. Does anyone know what is going on with these new trucks? So far since they have been out, I have seen 4 of them broken down on the side of the road while towing heavy trailers. Have you heard any feedback on this Ash?

They are having fuel and oil leaks. Exhaust/emmissions issues too...several have caught on fire. They have been recalling the trucks...Hope they get it squared away, Ford can't afford a 6.0 repeat disaster.

They are having fuel and oil leaks. Exhaust/emmissions issues too...several have caught on fire. They have been recalling the trucks...Hope they get it squared away, Ford can't afford a 6.0 repeat disaster.

A friend of mine told the very same thing. Gotta love an International, Ford I mean Ford. Once all the bugs are out I'm sure they will tow anything. Looks good Ash. :laughoff:

My buddy & I both have 08 F450 we both pull 48 ft goose neck trailers & weight about 18K loaded our first run with these trucks were to stanthony Idaho from Tulare county 19 hour drive straight thru, stopping for fuel only, any way we literally punished those trucks outside of ca 75 to 80 mph the whole way, the grades 55 to 60 mph not a problem extremely comfortable to drive & not to mention stable the power was awesome so Ash you bought a very nice truck :hello: & as far as the fuel mileage thing keep in touch with your dealer there working on that now something about re flashing the computer with out power loss :flipoff:

So what gears did you go with?

A friend of mine told the very same thing. Gotta love an International, Ford I mean Ford. Once all the bugs are out I'm sure they will tow anything. Looks good Ash. :shake:

I totally agree. I wish chevy would come out with a f 450 equal. The 450 is badass. Wasnt trying to bash, Just curious since ash is a 450 owner if he has been told what the problem is. If there were 2 duramaxs broken down, Id wanna know why so i can avoid having it happen to me.

I haven't really heard any feedback as to major problems as of yet. Ford did govern the engine to a max speed of 85mph, but honestly, it's no big deal to me as I'm not in a race to get there, especially with 15k pounds hanging off the bed. If they are removed so you can go faster, then bye bye warranty and hello smoked turbos. Also, the new engine requires ultra low sulfur diesel and if you don't use that, then it's also bad news for the motor. For now, the truck is running great, handles perfect, rides smooth and has plenty of power. I haven't been able to hook the 5th wheel up as of now, but as soon as the new hitch is installed, I will test that out right away.

I'll keep everyone posted with the truck during the dune season.

I haven't really heard any feedback as to major problems as of yet. Ford did govern the engine to a max speed of 85mph, but honestly, it's no big deal to me as I'm not in a race to get there, especially with 15k pounds hanging off the bed. If they are removed so you can go faster, then bye bye warranty and hello smoked turbos. Also, the new engine requires ultra low sulfur diesel and if you don't use that, then it's also bad news for the motor. For now, the truck is running great, handles perfect, rides smooth and has plenty of power. I haven't been able to hook the 5th wheel up as of now, but as soon as the new hitch is installed, I will test that out right away.

I'll keep everyone posted with the truck during the dune season.

the ultra low sulfur is all that is available anymore anyways so youre good on that.

It might be available some other places but Utah,Nevada and California all have it already