ntrsandman Posted March 20, 2008 Posted March 20, 2008 JUST A WARNING. BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU PUT IN YOUR DIESEL TRUCKS FOR FUEL. SOME NEWER TRUCKS CANT HANDLE OVER 5% BIO. UNLESS YOU KNOW YOUR TRUCK CAN RUN ON FRENCH FRY OIL, FILL UP WHERE TRUCKERS DO. THERE ARE AND WILL BE MORE SCAMMERS SELLING LOW BUCK DIESEL THAT CAN F.U. YOUR TRUCK IN A HURRY! SAVING A FEW CENTS A GALLON COULD COST YOU BIG! Quote
Sand Saw Posted March 20, 2008 Posted March 20, 2008 JUST A WARNING. BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU PUT IN YOUR DIESEL TRUCKS FOR FUEL. SOME NEWER TRUCKS CANT HANDLE OVER 5% BIO. UNLESS YOU KNOW YOUR TRUCK CAN RUN ON FRENCH FRY OIL, FILL UP WHERE TRUCKERS DO. THERE ARE AND WILL BE MORE SCAMMERS SELLING LOW BUCK DIESEL THAT CAN F.U. YOUR TRUCK IN A HURRY! SAVING A FEW CENTS A GALLON COULD COST YOU BIG! How does bio mess up anything?? I would think that it would mess up older diesels before the newer ones. I also heard its recommended to run at least 5% in the older trucks to make up for the low sulfur loss of lubricity... Quote
ntrsandman Posted March 20, 2008 Posted March 20, 2008 How does bio mess up anything?? I would think that it would mess up older diesels before the newer ones. I also heard its recommended to run at least 5% in the older trucks to make up for the low sulfur loss of lubricity... The 6.7 Dodge has O2 sensors, Cat convertor, each injector has a calibration code that must be programmed into the PCM, Its a delicate system and crap fuel can really mess stuff up. The older mechanical injectors are more receptive to the bio. Its all the computer controlled systems that make runnin hi % bio a pain. There are bad fuels that can cause problems with any diesel. Quote
eli Posted March 20, 2008 Posted March 20, 2008 diesel is a nasty fuel it should be cheap!! You are not thinking like the man.... When fuel gets too expensive people might stop buying as much and start riding mopeds or public transportation. That got the Big Oil Man thinking. If you stop driving your pickup or I stop driving mine we still gotta eat and put clothes on our backs and that and alot of other stuff gets to us how? In most cases a big truck powered by what? Diesel. In rare cases it might get to us by train or ship powered by what? Diesel or another nasty fuel oil that should be even cheaper but isn't anymore because he made it so. IMHO most people won't stop driving regardless of the price. They will just keep charging it to their credit cards until the Big Banking Man owns their Somebody said vote Clinton....who do think bought her the last time she ran for office? Yep the Big Medical Insurance Man. More $$$ contributed to her than any other....ever. Speaking of the Big Medical Insurance Man. Did you read that there's only $75.00 in malpractice insurance for each of the 40,000 tested at Endoscopy Center and the the majority owner served on the malpractive insurance board? I bet he's still gonna be the man....in India when he decides it's to hot to hang around Vegas. He also owns a Bank. Eli Quote
Kevlar Posted March 20, 2008 Posted March 20, 2008 (edited) 4.399 at Tehachipi Texaco yesterday. I had no choice, was on fumes. Do I win the prize? Edited March 20, 2008 by Kevlar Quote
ntrsandman Posted March 21, 2008 Posted March 21, 2008 (edited) 4.399 at Tehachipi Texaco yesterday. I had no choice, was on fumes. Do I win the prize? You spent it! Edited March 21, 2008 by ntrsandman Quote
AL T Posted March 21, 2008 Posted March 21, 2008 Hesperia 76 Station $4.29 per gallon Barstow 4.07 per gallon Ontario 4.09 per gallon I filled up today total 129.00 when I bought my Dodge .99 per gallon and Its a 05 Quote
Richard Cheese Posted March 24, 2008 Posted March 24, 2008 4.35 A GALLON in Pismo Beach Saturday, march 22nd Quote
Sand Saw Posted March 24, 2008 Posted March 24, 2008 4.35 A GALLON in Pismo Beach Saturday, march 22nd $4.08 last night at LVMS... Quote
Kitcat Posted March 26, 2008 Posted March 26, 2008 (edited) I think we're going to be Amish! Just ride a horse and buggy! We can get paddle tires for the buggy! Talk about some real horse power!!! Edited March 26, 2008 by Kitcat Quote
beau Posted March 26, 2008 Posted March 26, 2008 Just saw a station about 20 miles out of Bishop at $4.99 a gallon on the way home from my easter trip to Crescent dunes. Quote
DarbyCrash Posted March 26, 2008 Posted March 26, 2008 I found $3.97 in the OC at a Chevron 6 miles from my place. I also saw $4.59 at 2 right down the street from me. I'll make the drive to save $.62 a gallon. Quote
dunefreak Posted March 26, 2008 Author Posted March 26, 2008 Wow, just got diesel today for 3.85 a gallon at Van Waganon and Lake Mead! I can't decide how to spent all the crazy cash I saved today. Quote
Sand Saw Posted March 26, 2008 Posted March 26, 2008 Wow, just got diesel today for 3.85 a gallon at Van Waganon and Lake Mead! I can't decide how to spent all the crazy cash I saved today. You could buy me flowers... Quote
BLUE STEEL Posted March 26, 2008 Posted March 26, 2008 Just saw a station about 20 miles out of Bishop at $4.99 a gallon on the way home from my easter trip to Crescent dunes. Holly We can not have diesel over $5. the oil companies. Quote
1320 Posted March 26, 2008 Posted March 26, 2008 I have to get to work, a walking I will go, glad my shop is 50 ft from my house. Holy......4.99 a gallon!...... Quote
Quicksilver Posted March 27, 2008 Posted March 27, 2008 My truck has not been driven for a week now. I think between the housing market and fuel prices the US economy will be thoroughly fukked for some time. Quote
rednekoki Posted March 27, 2008 Posted March 27, 2008 Glad i have a Honda Accord!!!! I get 31mpg from Henderson to Vegas!! So the OIL companies can kiss my a$$ till next sand season!!! Quote
WHIZ Posted April 9, 2008 Posted April 9, 2008 When I moved here a year ago Diesel was 10 cent more then in Georgia. I figured no need to buy a beater/DD. I drive from Pebble/Maryland Pkwy area to Nellis everday, a fill up last me two weeks thank god! Now after my last fill up on the ole 7.3 that cost well over 100 bones, I'm thinking its about that time. Maybe that sammi/tracker dune project I'm trying to find should be a DD instead of a dune toy..... I sure hope diesel prices drop soon, this is retarded. Diesel is the cheapest to make, yet it cost more then premium? Quote
Sand Saw Posted April 9, 2008 Posted April 9, 2008 Diesel is the cheapest to make, yet it cost more then premium? Exactly...AND the big petroleum companies are recording RECORD profits at the same time...wonder why?? Quote
Kitcat Posted April 10, 2008 Posted April 10, 2008 Exactly...AND the big petroleum companies are recording RECORD profits at the same time...wonder why?? Everyone will have to pay for it in the end. Everything has to be transported somehow and it's usually on a diesel truck. The whole thing is redarded!!! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.