Famous Daves Bar b Que joint

Richard Cheese

i have always heard good things about that mexican restraunt on main and california... head east on charleston from the 15 make a right on main ( about 2 lights from the freeway ) and its down a block or 2 called don juans or some chit like that... You can try macayo's as they have good mexican food, just about any fausto's or roberto's taco shop is good as well :D

Ok I will have to look one of those up! :beercheers:

I have already been to Roberto's it was pretty good eats!

Thanks!! :D:D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man thats good stuff....so far I have had .......

the Saint Louis ribs and BBQ chicken combo dinner.....i got it with cole (ha hahahahaahaa) slaw and french fries. ...the ribs are the sh*t!!! dont get me wrong it was ALL good..but the ribs stood heads and shoulders above everything else on the plate..taste wise..... the chicken was outstanding...the cole slaw was the best i have had. the french fries were above average.

texas manhandler sandwich.....brisket and lousiana sausage on a bun...i got it with cole slaw on it, with beans and french fries...

the sandwich was pretty big for a BBQ place...as usually they are small....the cole slaw on top took the sandwich to the next level.....the beans are one of a kind...gotta try them

any of you guys been to the one in Vegas?

:boyyy: :flipoff::laughoff:

No Pics Biatch?!?

Worethless!

My dad has been itching to go to Famous Daves now for about two weeks. We'll be going soon im sure, I dont know how much longer he can wait!

Oh and Cheese, you know we are getting a Hooters on Rosedale right?

My dad has been itching to go to Famous Daves now for about two weeks. We'll be going soon im sure, I dont know how much longer he can wait!

yeah i saw that

you going to the crab feed in hanford? tix are 4 sale on the FoOD site

We tried to go there last Saturday night but the line was around the building and the parking is rediculous around that buiding. We'll try again when all the hype calms down.

We use them for catering at work and they do a nice job. I wasn't as impressed, however, when we went to the restaurant. The drinks were weak and the food was luke warm. :dunno: Maybe we caught them on a bad night? :coffee:

are you talkin about hanford california?

Yes in Hanford, Ca. The crab feed will be May 3rd at the fairgrounds, there will be great stuff auctioned and all the proceeds benefit the "Friends of Oceano Dunes" to help keep the dunes open. If you need more info go to www.oceanodunes.org

the wife, mac n cheese and I went to famous daves for lunch yesterday. I was all fired up for their texas manhandler sammich, which i had when we were in Gilroy a couple weeks ago.

obviously, they are still working out the kinks..... off the child's menu, my son ordered the pulled pork sandwich, and it came with flamin hot BBQ sauce on it :laughoff:

i also had to ask 3 different servers, on top of also asking mine, where the EFF were my beans that were supposed to come out with my meal... another :laughoff:

and everytime they brought the big meal out, all the workers started shouting , "FEAST, FEAST, FEAST...." PRETTY :laughoff: if you ask me

the one in Gilroy KILLS the one in Bakersfield

Although the ribs are pretty good

the wife, mac n cheese and I went to famous daves for lunch yesterday. I was all fired up for their texas manhandler sammich, which i had when we were in Gilroy a couple weeks ago.

obviously, they are still working out the kinks..... off the child's menu, my son ordered the pulled pork sandwich, and it came with flamin hot BBQ sauce on it :laughoff:

i also had to ask 3 different servers, on top of also asking mine, where the EFF were my beans that were supposed to come out with my meal... another :laughoff:

and everytime they brought the big meal out, all the workers started shouting , "FEAST, FEAST, FEAST...." PRETTY :laughoff: if you ask me

the one in Gilroy KILLS the one in Bakersfield

Although the ribs are pretty good

Ahhhh Dayum!! Don't tell me that! I was in Gilroy this weekend hitting the outlets and seen the Daves there and tried to get my friend to agree to eat there but "noooo, she didn't want that." I'm going back in a couple months to do school shopping so I guess I'll go eat there then.

Nothing beats a good BBQ. Problem is, can't find anybody that can do it better than me :laughoff:

They opened up a Lucilles around here and I tried it twice. something different each time. Ribs once and the tritip sandwich. Not even close to worth the $$$$. Claim Jumper, Nah. Dave's, don't know where there is one in the OC. Wood Ranch is alright for the tri-tip. Tony Roma's :laughoff: Erics Rib house in San Diego (used to be) had great onion baskets.

Secrets to great BBQ

Hickory or apple smoke combo of chips and chunks

Tri-tip and Baby backs must be smoked for at least 4-6 hours indirect heat 180-220.

Pulled pork= 5 lb+ bonless pork butt smoked for at least 6-8 (depending on your smoker) hours, put in crockpot with 1 cup apple juice for 6-8 hours. Remove from crockpot and drain. Best BBQ sauce for pulled pork= Bone Suckin' Sauce (can be bought at BBQ Galore or on line). 1 jar per 2 lbs pork stir into pork after drained. Best served on hawaiian rolls or potato rolls. Guarenteed you will not find better pulled pork at any restaurant if you try this receipe.

If you are taking the pork to the desert or river, it reheats perfectly in Micro or pan.

I personally have about 4 pulled pork and 8 different ways to do babybacks. 5 different ways for tri-tip. 10 ways to BBQ chicken, 4 bean recipies and 4 coleslaw recipies. 6 different sauces or glazes and 7 dry rubs. Oh and beer batter onion rings and seasoned steak fries are a must with any BBQ.

Edited by DarbyCrash