Famous Daves Bar b Que joint

Richard Cheese

man thats good stuff....so far I have had .......

the Saint Louis ribs and BBQ chicken combo dinner.....i got it with cole (ha hahahahaahaa) slaw and french fries. ...the ribs are the sh*t!!! dont get me wrong it was ALL good..but the ribs stood heads and shoulders above everything else on the plate..taste wise..... the chicken was outstanding...the cole slaw was the best i have had. the french fries were above average.

texas manhandler sandwich.....brisket and lousiana sausage on a bun...i got it with cole slaw on it, with beans and french fries...

the sandwich was pretty big for a BBQ place...as usually they are small....the cole slaw on top took the sandwich to the next level.....the beans are one of a kind...gotta try them

any of you guys been to the one in Vegas?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....the cole slaw on top took the sandwich to the next level.....

Never tried it....but when you talk about cole slaw on top of a sandwich....it reminds me of Capriotti's sandwich shop. :undecided: They do a pulled turkey sandwich with coleslaw and 1000 island dressing. Good chit!

I went there last week with my (former) roommate before she headed off to Japan (she's AF.) She RAVED about it cuz they have em in Minnesota where she's from, I wasn't highly impressed, it was just okay to me.

The Salt Lick in the Redrock Station, on other hand, is DELISH, as close to Texas style BBQ as I've had outside of Texas... Prices aren't any steeper than Famous Daves and the servings are bigger and tastier...

Never tried it....but when you talk about cole slaw on top of a sandwich....it reminds me of Capriotti's sandwich shop. :undecided: They do a pulled turkey sandwich with coleslaw and 1000 island dressing. Good chit!

smoked turkey right? thats some good chit mang

firestones in san luis obispo (close to pismo beach...a little college town) and not the brewery, has an OUTSTANDING pulled pork sandwich called "the pig"....fk it's good

i have always heard good things about that mexican restraunt on main and california... head east on charleston from the 15 make a right on main ( about 2 lights from the freeway ) and its down a block or 2 called don juans or some chit like that... You can try macayo's as they have good mexican food, just about any fausto's or roberto's taco shop is good as well :D

i didnt know there was a fausto's over by the dmv.. must be new... there is also one on horizon and college i want to say in the alberstons shopping center, or on horizon and easter in yet another albertsons shopping center... the other one i know of in the southwest is robindale and rainbow i want to say..

i have always heard good things about that mexican restraunt on main and california... head east on charleston from the 15 make a right on main ( about 2 lights from the freeway ) and its down a block or 2 called don juans or some chit like that... You can try macayo's as they have good mexican food, just about any fausto's or roberto's taco shop is good as well :D

It's Casa Don Juan, and they are pretty good, but I don't do the carnitas. :beercheers:

If you really want to brave it......Lake Mead and Civic Center. Tacos El Rey. Order the cabeza or lengua tacos and let me know that you think. :dunno: There's also one on Charleston close to Boulder Hwy.

i didnt know there was a fausto's over by the dmv.. must be new... there is also one on horizon and college i want to say in the alberstons shopping center, or on horizon and easter in yet another albertsons shopping center... the other one i know of in the southwest is robindale and rainbow i want to say..

Nick, its been there for at least two years. I used to go in there every once in a while to get their breakfast burritos. Damn delicious and cheap too! :beercheers:

It's Casa Don Juan, and they are pretty good, but I don't do the carnitas. :beercheers:

If you really want to brave it......Lake Mead and Civic Center. Tacos El Rey. Order the cabeza or lengua tacos and let me know that you think. :dunno: There's also one on Charleston close to Boulder Hwy.

That would be charleston and burnham (bruce being the closest cross street)

Its right across the street from my office. Good grub :P

The food is awesome @Famous Dave's, too bad the waitress that served us had her head up her A$$. We complained to the manager, he gave us 50% off our bill and $25 off our next order. This was 6 months ago and haven't used it. I might just use it on take-out.