Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok you dirty people...j.k. Lots of neat ideas. For our little clothes closet I bought a nice rubbermaid dresser drawer thingy to give us more room for storage, cause when the riding pants were hanging, they blocked everything. Mike hung a cool little cot storage hanging thing, off the bunk, it helps to not lose our phones and keys and other small objects. I like the idea of the ramp for more seating, we are considering that to make it roomy.

  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Ok you dirty people...j.k. Lots of neat ideas. For our little clothes closet I bought a nice rubbermaid dresser drawer thingy to give us more room for storage, cause when the riding pants were hanging, they blocked everything. Mike hung a cool little cot storage hanging thing, off the bunk, it helps to not lose our phones and keys and other small objects. I like the idea of the ramp for more seating, we are considering that to make it roomy.

I got a 3 drawer Rubbermaid thing for my clothes closet. Great for socks, underwear, etc.... :D

Posted

I got a 3 drawer Rubbermaid thing for my clothes closet. Great for socks, underwear, etc.... :D

Yup, Rubbermaid is a camper's best friend!! I have two of the 3 drawer jobbers. One is mine; dishtowels, hotpads, etc., that don't fit in those teeny-tiny kitchen drawers. The bottom drawer is REALLY deep and stores spare goggles, gloves, and a couple cool flashlights. It sits right next to the door with a basket on it for keys, phone chargers, phones, camera and other small objects. The other one is for the girls to use for their clothes that don't hang in the closet.

Have totes for oil, tools, spare quad battery, rags, yadda yadda yadda.

Little tote for batteries that fits in the cabinet, my "battery box". And one more for the gadgets that came with or are used for the hauler.

Rubbermaid made the trash can I keep outside to collect my indoor trash bags in. Lid snaps on so it won't blow away. Toss it in the hauler, leave it on the curb, bye bye trash. :D

Posted

The wife uses a Rubbermaid tote with multiple compartments to keepnapkins, paperplates and plastic utensils in. Keeps everything in one spot and when we are ready to hit the road it fits in one of the cuboards perfectly :DDRrocks:

Posted

The wife uses a Rubbermaid tote with multiple compartments to keepnapkins, paperplates and plastic utensils in. Keeps everything in one spot and when we are ready to hit the road it fits in one of the cuboards perfectly :DDRrocks:

Where do you get a rubber-maid :laughing: :jester2:

Posted (edited)

Where do you get a rubber-maid :clap::nah:

You know at the RubberMAID store :laughoff: Jeez :dope: OK it's Rubbermade alright :6pak: BTW try Walmart

Edited by Luvnlife
Posted

Yup, Rubbermaid is a camper's best friend!! I have two of the 3 drawer jobbers. One is mine; dishtowels, hotpads, etc., that don't fit in those teeny-tiny kitchen drawers. The bottom drawer is REALLY deep and stores spare goggles, gloves, and a couple cool flashlights. It sits right next to the door with a basket on it for keys, phone chargers, phones, camera and other small objects. The other one is for the girls to use for their clothes that don't hang in the closet.

Have totes for oil, tools, spare quad battery, rags, yadda yadda yadda.

Little tote for batteries that fits in the cabinet, my "battery box". And one more for the gadgets that came with or are used for the hauler.

Rubbermaid made the trash can I keep outside to collect my indoor trash bags in. Lid snaps on so it won't blow away. Toss it in the hauler, leave it on the curb, bye bye trash. :D

Yeah, I have a 2 drawer Rubbermaid thing in the kitchen for big utensils, knives, etc. and pot holders! Love it! :6pak:

Posted (edited)

post-4248-1208533797_thumb.jpg

Description

Transport 45 gallons of water to your RV, coach or campsite the easy way.

Fresh water tank stores on top of you truck cab, tow vehicle, in the trunk of your car or back of your SUV. Tanks are manufactured with dual baffles to provide added stability during transportation. Heavy gauge, FDA approved PVC material is durable and easy to repair if punctured. Comes with a hose adapter, shut-off adapter, male-male adapter, valve cap and repair kit. All you need is a hose to transfer water by gravity feed.

I've had a lot of people over the years ask me about this. It is absolutly without a doubt the best investment I've ever made for the rig and camping in the desert. It will not roll off. I only have one but I could fit 3 of them on my roof. The weight is very well dispursed. If you want to take long showers and get your dishes done, it cannot be beat.

$90 at camping world. and yes they have them available online at campingworld.com under water tanks and pumps

Edited by DarbyCrash
Posted

post-4248-1208533797_thumb.jpg

Description

Transport 45 gallons of water to your RV, coach or campsite the easy way.

Fresh water tank stores on top of you truck cab, tow vehicle, in the trunk of your car or back of your SUV. Tanks are manufactured with dual baffles to provide added stability during transportation. Heavy gauge, FDA approved PVC material is durable and easy to repair if punctured. Comes with a hose adapter, shut-off adapter, male-male adapter, valve cap and repair kit. All you need is a hose to transfer water by gravity feed.

I've had a lot of people over the years ask me about this. It is absolutly without a doubt the best investment I've ever made for the rig and camping in the desert. It will not roll off. I only have one but I could fit 3 of them on my roof. The weight is very well dispursed. If you want to take long showers and get your dishes done, it cannot be beat.

$90 at camping world. and yes they have them available online at campingworld.com under water tanks and pumps

The only problem I see is what do you do with the extra waste water? :laughing:

Grey = 40gal

Black= 40gal

Fresh=100gal

That leaves 20gal of fresh with no room left in the waste tanks.

Posted

The only problem I see is what do you do with the extra waste water? :beerpint:

Grey = 40gal

Black= 40gal

Fresh=100gal

That leaves 20gal of fresh with no room left in the waste tanks.

Drink it :laughing::beerpint:

Posted (edited)

The only problem I see is what do you do with the extra waste water? :laughing:

Grey = 40gal

Black= 40gal

Fresh=100gal

That leaves 20gal of fresh with no room left in the waste tanks.

Yeppers, I have to conserve on the gray as it is. Haven't run out of fresh yet. I use a dish pan (Rubbermaid, of course) in the kitchen sink so I can dump that into the black tank.

Cool set up tho, would definately come in handy for extended stays, just.......in.......case! :D

Edited by dinicolady
  • 1 year later...
Posted

I have come across quite a few ideas in the past here are a few of mine....

1 Outside shower attatchment to run misters off the awning.

2 Drop down screen from the bottom bunk for projector

CIMG0030.jpg

3 Some homemade wheel chocks

NewWheelChocks2.jpg

4 as for the cables to the back deck, I avoided all the hassel of building the cables and just

bought 1800# chains and removable links... works great and are adjustable to any height.

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

I have come across quite a few ideas in the past here are a few of mine....

1 Outside shower attatchment to run misters off the awning.

2 Drop down screen from the bottom bunk for projector

CIMG0030.jpg

Loving the SCREEN!!!!!!

the mister idea is a great idea as well!!!

Posted

How many of you have opened your RV door and the wind has started/changed directions and the way the door handle pulls. the wind takes the door and slams it open, and in a desperate attempt to grab the door you either pull the screen doors little plastic slider off or just end up holding the screen door as the entry door slams the stops and RV side. Here's a simple fix, drill a small hole, 1/4" or so in the top left corner of the stationary aluminum grab handle (door swings left exiting RV) and put a loop lanyard through, big enough so you when you grab the door handle your 4 fingers/hand goes through and your thumb is out, if the wind pulls the handle from your hand the lanyard is still in your hand. I think a pic would do better here.

post-1632-1251668872_thumb.jpg

post-1632-1251668914_thumb.jpg

if the wind catches the door the handle rotates out then away from you to the left and no way to hold it. This brand/model handle is junk anyways, but that's for another thread.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV


×
×
  • Create New...