GirlWithHorns Posted July 17, 2008 Posted July 17, 2008 I dont wanna borrow it, I want you to drive!!! what a night is all i have to say. haha aww i hope i get to go =[ Quote
ltr450rider Posted July 17, 2008 Posted July 17, 2008 Seeing as how I will be doing a Havasu trip on the 1-3, then my b-day party on fri the 8th, then leave sat afternoon to get there around 7pm, ride all night, then leave sunday morning, without sleep. Sounds good to me, I'm in. As long as I get some hours in at work. Quote
quad~dizzle Posted July 18, 2008 Author Posted July 18, 2008 Just curious what side of town everyone is on and what route you will be taking, time leaving? im off of blue diamond and jones and plan on heading out about 6'oclock or so Quote
dunefreak Posted July 18, 2008 Posted July 18, 2008 Just curious what side of town everyone is on and what route you will be taking, time leaving? Leaving Hnederson probably about 5 or 6 and stopping at either the Shell on Rainbow/ Blue Diamond or the gas station at the Red Rock turnoff. Going through Tecopa. Quote
zrated650 Posted July 18, 2008 Posted July 18, 2008 count me in.. anyone comming out of lancaster area? Quote
jackitup Posted July 18, 2008 Posted July 18, 2008 I might pass through there coming up off the 14 out of the SFV.. Quote
ltr450 Posted July 18, 2008 Posted July 18, 2008 (edited) I'm in coming out of riverside area, any one else from the area going. Can take the hauler out got room for three more bikes. That's if some want's too car pool Edited July 18, 2008 by ltr450 Quote
SandSoulja Posted July 18, 2008 Posted July 18, 2008 count me in.. anyone comming out of lancaster area? i'm about 30 miles on the other side of the fifteen Quote
jackitup Posted July 18, 2008 Posted July 18, 2008 I'm in coming out of riverside area, any one else from the area going. Can take the hauler out got room for three more bikes. That's if some want's too car pool oh man wish we lived closer.. me and my friend have banshees without a trailer and its kind of hard to camp out in the heat sometimes..we plan to come up from santa clarita area but maybe we can meet at the 15 in victorville and go together..or are you planning to load all up at once.. -Mike Quote
ltr450 Posted July 18, 2008 Posted July 18, 2008 oh man wish we lived closer.. me and my friend have banshees without a trailer and its kind of hard to camp out in the heat sometimes..we plan to come up from santa clarita area but maybe we can meet at the 15 in victorville and go together..or are you planning to load all up at once.. -Mike I dont think it would be problem. Going too see if a freind is going to make it out on this trip or not. But,I dont see a problem with it. I'll pm you in the next couple day's - pete- Quote
britincali Posted July 18, 2008 Posted July 18, 2008 (edited) I got some questions about this ride.... The wifey just got a quad so now she wants to go out with me, im gonna bring my travel trailer but I can only get the quad and one bike in the back of my truck (with the trailer) so do I bring the AF which has a light for the night ride or do I bring the nitrous bike (no light) hoping the hill will be lit for drags??????? Edited July 18, 2008 by britincali Quote
SandPsycho Posted July 18, 2008 Posted July 18, 2008 I kinds have the same question. Is any one bringing out light towers? Quote
Sincity_blondie Posted July 18, 2008 Posted July 18, 2008 There will be no lights! To much of a liabilty! Id suggest bringing a bike with a light! Hope that answers your questions. Quote
quad~dizzle Posted July 19, 2008 Author Posted July 19, 2008 i dont think anyone is bringing lights so you would want to have one. i seen the video from last year i think with guys running the hill with no lights Quote
dunegirl53 Posted July 19, 2008 Posted July 19, 2008 when is this going to happen? edit: Aug 9th!!! So will you post when and where August 9th sounds like fun. I know at Dumont I mean where everyone will be camped.Thanks :mischevious: Quote
dunefreak Posted July 19, 2008 Posted July 19, 2008 So will you post when and where August 9th sounds like fun. I know at Dumont I mean where everyone will be camped. Thanks :mischevious: I'm sure everyone will pretty much be setting up near bathroom 6 or just past 10 on the left. Here's a map if you need one. (Its gets kinda soft out there in summer) Once everyone sets up, we usually do a good dune cruise and then head over to Banshee Hill for the night. Quote
zrated650 Posted July 19, 2008 Posted July 19, 2008 I was going to bring my toyhauler.. but will probably just bring a trailer... my buddy will also have a trailer , so we both have room for at least 2 more bikes on each trailer.. I can meet anyone that wants to car pool out of victorville.. let me know..... :mischevious: Quote
dunefreak Posted July 20, 2008 Posted July 20, 2008 I got some questions about this ride.... The wifey just got a quad so now she wants to go out with me, im gonna bring my travel trailer but I can only get the quad and one bike in the back of my truck (with the trailer) so do I bring the AF which has a light for the night ride or do I bring the nitrous bike (no light) hoping the hill will be lit for drags??????? I'd bring the bike with the light. I haven't heard as of yet that anyone is planning on bringing any lights out. I probably would if I had access to some and wasn't already pulling a trailer out, but that's not the case. The BLM has told me it wouldn't be an issue if we had some. The only reason it would be looked at as an organized event is if we were charging/ collecting money or holding some kind of "contests". I kinds have the same question. Is any one bringing out light towers? Maybe we can use some of the trucks' headlights like we did last August. ?? Quote
SandPsycho Posted July 20, 2008 Posted July 20, 2008 I'd bring the bike with the light. I haven't heard as of yet that anyone is planning on bringing any lights out. I probably would if I had access to some and wasn't already pulling a trailer out, but that's not the case. The BLM has told me it wouldn't be an issue if we had some. The only reason it would be looked at as an organized event is if we were charging/ collecting money or holding some kind of "contests". Maybe we can use some of the trucks' headlights like we did last August. ?? Truck lights always help. I have a few of them yellow hologen light stands I'll bring along if somebody has a generator. Quote
las vegas duner Posted July 21, 2008 Posted July 21, 2008 I'd bring the bike with the light. I haven't heard as of yet that anyone is planning on bringing any lights out. I probably would if I had access to some and wasn't already pulling a trailer out, but that's not the case. The BLM has told me it wouldn't be an issue if we had some. The only reason it would be looked at as an organized event is if we were charging/ collecting money or holding some kind of "contests". Maybe we can use some of the trucks' headlights like we did last August. ?? How much does it cost to rent them? Will one tower light up the hill? Quote
britincali Posted July 21, 2008 Posted July 21, 2008 (edited) One 4kw generator, 3 double 500w light stands and about 300 ft of extension cord would be bitchin I have a generator and 50ft of big guage extension cord I could bring. Edited July 21, 2008 by britincali Quote
EY3BA11 Posted July 21, 2008 Posted July 21, 2008 How much does it cost to rent them? Will one tower light up the hill? if i remember right it was like 130 bucks for a weekend plus any fuel you burn in it. And yes one set is plenty.. Quote
SandPsycho Posted July 21, 2008 Posted July 21, 2008 One 4kw generator, 3 double 500w light stands and about 300 ft of extension cord would be bitchin I have a generator and 50ft of big guage extension cord I could bring. That would be great bro. Ill bring the light stands and a couple industrial cords, we should be set. Unless VegasDuner really wants to take the light post. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.