opinions about Tru TV/ Party Heat show @ Dumont

dunefreak

I just finished watching it.

So what did you guys think? I thought it was kinda cool seeing Dumont, but at the same time it paints a bad picture. I think they could have also shown the responsible peeps having fun too. But that wouldn't have been good TV I guess then.

Some parts were actually pretty funny. I like how they busted the guy for not wearing his helmet correctly (no strap fastened), then the next scene they chase off with their helmet straps dangling! :pics::laughoff::grin:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha Ha I missed that......

My youngest remembers alot of stuff and keeps thinking we were there for all of that, Oh ya we were LOL

Ultimately I have a new found respect for the rangers and EMT's

But I do agree it paints a bad picture for all the good folk....

Is it October yet? after watching that I wanna go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laughoff:

Edited by indasand

Without turning this into a "Where's Our Fee Money Going" thread, I think they all need to invest into some GPS units. I dont like how it took the BLM forever to find the kid that crashed east of the Super bowl.

Anyone else see the DD.com car in the beggining? I think they showed Barefootbobs car too, I just saw a green car.

Edited by suzltr450rider

I really liked it...thought it was cool to see all our toys on TV and watch what San Bernardino does at Dumont. I was pretty impressed by all the different calls they handled.

It's on again in 2 hours if anyone missed it.

watchin it right now, and all i gotta say is its good comedy... watching all the people who do dumb stuff is kinda funny... I've been going there for years and still get a kick out of all the people who do things that are obviously illegal and think its ok. the night time stuff is the greatest because it does portray exactly how it is out by comp at night. Kinda crazy but lots of fun.

I wish it was september again! gotta get the shee runnin and gotta get to the sand!

I was entertained...but i think it was HORRIBLE publicity,

parents leaving the kid...Kid haulin a$$ through VR

drunk teenagers...that stuff def goes on...

but jeez...show maybe the comradery between peeps...and for jeeeezuz sake show some DDR stickers!!!

I thought for sure the monster MOG would be in there...i drove in front over th camera at vendors row but...they're haters.

ok, just got done watching the show and it was good to see dumont. but talk about bad publicity.

typical show going for the drama and just showing all the "bad" things that can happen out at the D. I agree with sandsoulja and vegas style on what happened to the comraderie and families and kids out there having a good time...and that the popos deffinately need flares when calling in the paramedics....

Damn I miss the sand, is it october yet? :mischevious:

think the cops need flares their descriptions of where they are sucks. and so far havent seen any good wide shots of the dune as a whole

That's actually a good idea.... If they could seperate the fireworks from flares and were expecting it via radio communications I think it would speed rescue up at night...

:mischevious:

this last season i didnt get my quad done till new years and didnt hit a holiday weekend at all this past season. i kinda missed not going out for a holiday weekend but watching this episode reminded me of how some people act when they get a few beers in them and you never know if your paths are going to cross so i just aviod the holiday weekens now.

First I thought it was going to be a 2 hr. show, but once again my Direct Tv program guide was lieing to me. :mischevious: Anyway, just got done watching the show and my personal opinion is I am so glad I stopped going on holiday weekends. :barf::drunk: The wife and I used to go on all the big weekends and now all I see is idiots doing idiotic things. :blury::laughoff: Maybe we are just getting old now, but it was fun when we did it, although we never did anything stoopid enough to get busted or crash. I now have a whole new level of respect for what the Rangers and the Sheriffs have to deal with out there on any given holiday weekend.

Just my :beer_bang:

I'm watching it right now too, but I think with satelite it came on earlier

yep...that :D

It came on at way earlier if you had DISH. It was on at 5:00 for me. :mischevious: :beer_bang:

but jeez...show maybe the comradery between peeps...and for jeeeezuz sake show some DDR stickers!!!

Hell no! After seeing all those idiots doing stupid stuff I wouldn't even want to see DDR associated with half of it. :laughoff:

I thought it was a good episode on the kind of idoits that are out there!!! LOL!!

My friend was behind the FAT guy carrying the guy on the board from the banshee/rail comp hill crash during Halloween. He was wearing his green gear with his helmet on top of his head... :blury: :beer_bang: :mischevious: .....

Hey Jeff next time try getting in front of the camera!! :barf: LMAO!

As for the Deputy trying to get Medical Aid over by the Super Bowl... I was thinking also that a GPS system would be a good idea... Just a thought...

The dumb a$$ kid driving drunk in the white chevy truck at night along the comp drag.. :drunk2: :laughoff::drunk: His parents must be so proud of him now... :lol:

Hope there will be more episodes. Would like to see some of the good times we all go out for instead of the very little :bs: that happens during the whole weekend.

Way to make duners look like a bunch of puke FlatBillers! :flatbiller:

Edited by Dune Family

I didn't appreciate the Girls Gone Wild feel they tried to give Dumont; 2 chix making out and a bunch of flashers in the 1st few shots- grrrreat. Maybe it's like that all the time and I'm just lucky enough to not be around it. We're lucky they didn't get the stripper pole :mischevious:

Sluts, flatbillers, and fat guys. Great show.

It did make me want to join the sherrifs dept. though :beer_bang: