door to door solicitors rant

dunefreak

what is it that is engrained in women to where they can let the phone ring and not answer it? :news:

is it all the boys they effed over in high school who called the house continually??? :dope:

when that phone rings, I HAVE to answer it, regardless if i know who it is or not

sh*t...i just realized that i need to cancel caller id, as i dont use it anyways :lol:

I Have selective hearing i may have answered my home phone 3 times in the last month .But when i do it's them :censored::censored::flipoff::thumb::blink: marketers :freakin_nuts:

i have answered the door nekkid on occasion...that gets them to leave quickly...(i dont even need to see me nekkid)i will mess with them and tell them that iam broke and how do i get a job with them.

as for the phone:

i ask them for their home # and tell them that ill call them back at their dinner time..

Which house is yours again neighbor?? :censored::flipoff::thumb: I am ringing your doorbell this weekend!! :censored:

The phone solicitors Michael used to get on and start speaking spanish, but THAT stopped working about 3 years ago, so he switched to acting like an old man, I took notes and started acting like a crazy old lady! :freakin_nuts: Eh?Eh? What'd you say sonny?? You want to sell me an arm system for what? My mouse? My mouse doesn't need any arm system? You know how many times I pooped today? Well.....let me tell ya, us :blink: people sure have a hard time with it, be glad your young, and one time about 20 years ago.......... [you know like talking to granny] Now I just have a cell that is on the "Do Not Call List"

The door to door guys, all I have ever gotten were the religious ones, see them coming a mile away....used to keep a skull statue in the closet and would answer holding it and hiss at them that Satin was going to get them and would be here any second!! Yeah they stopped coming by!

Edited by sand chick

Theres been 3 boys on bicycles in my neighborhood all dressed in black slacks white shirt black tie and black helmets..... Obviously going door to door so they can get you to drink the kool aid....

I just tell them I'm a Catholic alter boy and invite them in for a story....

LOL

Reminds me.

I had a guy selling enviro friendly cleaning crap come to my door last summer when it was hotter than chit out. Gave me the usual :freakin_nuts: :censored::censored:. Told me it was safe around pets and kids. So I said prove it. So he squirted some in his mouth. I was not impressed with the little squirt he gave himself so he took off the top and drank about half his bottle. Apperently it didn't tast very good but he didn't drop dead.

So then he keeps pitching me and walks over to my truck and shows me how good his stuff cleans up brake dust off the wheels. Well now I've got one clean wheel and my truck looks funny. So since he didn't ask my permission to clean my wheel, I recommended that he clean the others too match. He did, and actually did a decent job.

As I mentioned it was hot out and he was sweating. Next the guy asks me if he can have a drink of water. I told him to drink his cleaning product since it was so good the first time and I went back inside closing the door and watching him walk down the street to ensure he doesn't vandelize my truck.

I know I was being a d*ck and I actually felt bad for about 30 seconds but comedy at someone elses expense is often so much fun.

Guest Crasher

Reminds me.

I had a guy selling enviro friendly cleaning crap come to my door last summer when it was hotter than chit out. Gave me the usual :blah::blah::blah:. Told me it was safe around pets and kids. So I said prove it. So he squirted some in his mouth. I was not impressed with the little squirt he gave himself so he took off the top and drank about half his bottle. Apperently it didn't tast very good but he didn't drop dead.

So then he keeps pitching me and walks over to my truck and shows me how good his stuff cleans up brake dust off the wheels. Well now I've got one clean wheel and my truck looks funny. So since he didn't ask my permission to clean my wheel, I recommended that he clean the others too match. He did, and actually did a decent job.

As I mentioned it was hot out and he was sweating. Next the guy asks me if he can have a drink of water. I told him to drink his cleaning product since it was so good the first time and I went back inside closing the door and watching him walk down the street to ensure he doesn't vandelize my truck.

I know I was being a d*ck and I actually felt bad for about 30 seconds but comedy at someone elses expense is often so much fun.

:slap: OMG, that's harsh!!!! You have to give him credit for drinking :drunk: the stuff and then washing all of your wheels though. He probably :barf: the whole way home!!! I'm sure he was wanting to do this :beat: to you!!! :dope: :freakin_nuts: I doubt that company will ever come back to try to sell you anything, mission accomplished!! :thumb::lol:

My friend in phoenix would invite the "religious" people in and fuggin debate them! :freakin_nuts: funniest chit ever, she'd go get her bible and they wouldnt know what the hell to do

My husband did this with a lady from Jehovahs Witness. She started coming back about once a month just to talk about the bible with him, I think she just enjoyed having someone that could challenge her about the bible. Funny as hell though when he would correct her and show her how she was wrong. After about 6 mos. she stopped coming by.

OMG!! do they not quit i come home see a door to door guy walking around :freakin_nuts: i usually have a couple in the garage before i go inside & say honey i'm home . But noooo i am not in the mood to here thier chit so i close the garage post a sign real quick on the front gate no solicitors. pheww gone . I can normally be an a$$ but today was not feeling it . Had to hide in the house for a little bit effin :drunk::barf::blah::blah::blah: stop coming by peeps houses when they get off work :lol::thumb::dope:

i effin' love the phone solicitors, i guess i have no life. i request that they repeat themselves, continually. this one broad had an accent and i seriously couldn't comprehend her words, and her message was atleast 5 minutes long. that phone conversation was easily 20 minutes. i sometimes ask for a 1 year free trial.. haven't found anyone authorized to grant that request as of yet.

jw's.. i handle these different ways, i play 'em by ear. the last one was atleast a year ago and hilarious. i think i posted it on here. i had a buddy who invited jw's into his ghetto home wearing tighty whiteys and playing a banjo. he said he's never played a banjo nonstop that long ever, and they spoke their message the entire time. those people are devoted.

I got a telemarketer (sp?) call in phoenix a while back and was very nice and curtious to the young lady that called (she sounded kinda cute too lol) and agreed to sign up for the "free trial" and when she gave me to her manager he went through his spiel and then asked for my CC, heres how it went down, after I've been on the phone for about 20 min.

Me "what happened to free, im not giving you my CC information"

Tm " well we need that to verify yadda yadda and cover shipping costs"

me "well then im not interested in your product"

Tm " but you already agreed to it we just need your information so we can send it out to you"

Me " you are NOT getting my CC information"

Tm " so you've just been wasting my time here!?"

Me " Me wasting your time! your calling me on my weekend talking about some chitty a$$ product and I'M wasting your Fing time!!?

Tm "click"

LOL I love fugging with those people......especially since I know people who used to be Telemarketers in Phoenix

:D i love people i dont want to come over! like church people,paper pushers,or just friends in general! i will let you know what i did. so i go to the truck stop and bought a set of train horns. hung them under my door a way so that they dont see them.up behind there head. never see it coming!. next i ran my hoses to my 60 gallon shop compressor. ran the wires to my door bell with a breaker switch so i can turn it on and off so when they push the button. bammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. peeing all over themselves. let me tell you it works! lol! they never come back and i think they tell there friends because i havent had a problem for about 3 weeks now. lol :freakin_nuts:

I have a no soliciting sign clearly on my door. If they knock anyways I give them the 3rd degree. :rant_on:

Does that help with all those efen flyers on the door? By the time I get home everyday there is always stuff on the doorknob or wedged in the frame, sometimes the efers put things on the garage door! :freakin_nuts: :lol::thumb:

Does that help with all those efen flyers on the door? By the time I get home everyday there is always stuff on the doorknob or wedged in the frame, sometimes the efers put things on the garage door! :freakin_nuts: :lol::thumb:

nope it don't work the sign i posted was a post it and they still left thier crap !!

I never answer the door or the phone, only if I have to sign for a package. I hate solicitors. :assblast: We used to have one of those security doors at our old house. I'd let the dogs run full throttle towards the door and bark like crazy. One time some dope asked me if my dogs bit people. I said, "I dunno and I don't think you'll want to find out."

I hide from them. They scare me. Besides they could be the Jahovies. :peek: i wonder how they stay cool in the suits and ties and such when it is so f'n hot out. :thumb:

I know - the Mormon boys are usually on bikes in 100+ weather - no thanks! Just think how many neighborhoods they could hit if they rode quads! Hey, they might get more interest that way, too. :assblast:

• 2 weeks later...