RIP

britincali

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2008/06/d...ash_at_old.html

I just had a buddy call who knows one of the track officials this is how it went according to him...

Solara motor explodes at 250+ mph, car skips over sand with no parachute deployed, car hits some heavy equipment at the end of the track, driver ejected and hit a building.......

The guy said it was the most horrific thing hes ever seen

Very nasty wreck. Not much run out at the end of that track. Looked like the car launched 20-30 feet straight up after hitting the retaining wall. Most NHRA tracks have several hundred yards of sand trap, much shorter at this one.

May a higher being be with his family through this time.

wow....very sad indeed. RIP Scott :(

I think NHRA should make it mandatory to have extra long sand traps and maybe even energy absorbing walls to cushion the impact should something like this happen again. That's horrible.

i wonder what the camera man was thinking watching that car come at him at 200+ mph.. I wonder if there was a camera man up there and if he is ok?

Kinda gets my stomach churnin watchin that... that was one nasty accident.

i wonder what the camera man was thinking watching that car come at him at 200+ mph.. I wonder if there was a camera man up there and if he is ok?

Kinda gets my stomach churnin watchin that... that was one nasty accident.

i was thinking the same thing.i run those orange JLG 60 foot boom lifts. you can see the basket wobbling at the end of the video. doesn't look like there is anyone in it probably because it was only qualifying and not the elimination rounds. would be a very wild ride but if someone was in there he should have a body harness on.

Wow, I can only hope he went fast and without any pain. What a hopeless feeling he must have had seeing that approach him. You would think they will re-think their camera placement for the future. Maybe those cameras that reach over the track or the fly by wire type used in the NFL.

Sad too see anyone go before their time. Hopefully NHRA will learn and make the appropriate corrections before returning to that facility.