early AM trip this Saturday morning

dunefreak

OK so I have talked with a few peeps and I think we're gonna be doing a very early run to Dumont for a sand fix this Saturday. I am really itching to get the new car out to Dumont. I'm hoping I can get a hold of a flatbed for it so I can bring her out. :laughing::headbang1:

I'll be planning on leaving Vegas around 4/ 4:30 or so. That puts us there about 6 ish, dune till about 9:30 and then get the eff out before it gets hot. :laughoff:

If anyone else wants to meet up, just let me know. :argue:

1st dune run of the summer! :rockwoot:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK so I have talked with a few peeps and I think we're gonna be doing a very early run to Dumont for a sand fix this Saturday. I am really itching to get the new car out to Dumont. I'm hoping I can get a hold of a flatbed for it so I can bring her out. :laughoff::headbang1:

I'll be planning on leaving Vegas around 4/ 4:30 or so. That puts us there about 6 ish, dune till about 9:30 and then get the eff out before it gets hot. :MBdance:

If anyone else wants to meet up, just let me know. :argue:

1st dune run of the summer! :rockwoot:

Pete I have a trailer you can use no problem :laughing: it will fit your car and Nicks raptor and alot of other stuff

Can we have "brunch" at that Mountain Saloon place?

Sounds fine to us if its ok with everyone else

Capt

Its not my raptor its petes.. :P I still havent torn my bike apart from the glamis trip. I have a small laundry list of things to do to even get it running properly and i dont know if i could get the parts in time.. Unless a local shop has a kehin gasket/oring kit on the shelf which i doubt they do.. I can try but i doubt ill be able to get it ready in time.. Plus i dont want to take a chance of it blowing up on a SUMMER ride with no one out there.. Would make for a b*tch of a recovery attempt.

Its not my raptor its petes.. :P I still havent torn my bike apart from the glamis trip. I have a small laundry list of things to do to even get it running properly and i dont know if i could get the parts in time.. Unless a local shop has a kehin gasket/oring kit on the shelf which i doubt they do.. I can try but i doubt ill be able to get it ready in time.. Plus i dont want to take a chance of it blowing up on a SUMMER ride with no one out there.. Would make for a b*tch of a recovery attempt.

Call Tom at Pure Evil Racing he is right behind Abbotts shop and he might have it if not he can get it fast i am sure

Capt

just pull it apart and clean it and put it back together. it will be fine. you dont need new o rings and the gaskets unless they rip apart, they will be fine. :D i have had my banshee, warrior and polaris carbs apart a bunch of times. never bought a gasket or o ring. even if you need an o ring you can make your own if you just get one close to the same diameter. just cut it at an angle and super glue the ends when you install it. learned that trick years ago from a guy rebuilding compressors because i needed some on my compressor. it works great

Pete I have a trailer you can use no problem :argue: it will fit your car and Nicks raptor and alot of other stuff

Thanks Dave. I may just have to take you up on that. Is it a flatbed and how wide is it?

You bringing the car out or just the quads? I know I asked you Saturday, but I can't seem to remember what you told me. :headbang1::rockwoot::laughing:

if its the one im thinking of its plenty wide... and heavy as a mofo :P

ok. Only reason I ask is cause many people usually think since my car is a "mini" it will fit on/in just about any trailer. It's 85" wide in the rear- just about as wide as many full size cars.

Thanks Dave. I may just have to take you up on that. Is it a flatbed and how wide is it?

You bringing the car out or just the quads? I know I asked you Saturday, but I can't seem to remember what you told me. :assblast::pissed::pissed:

bringing the car and maybe my wifes quad.

if its the one im thinking of its plenty wide... and heavy as a mofo :P

Yep thats the 1 .. it will hold anything you bring and yes it is a heavy MOFO fo sure

Capt

I was plannin on an early trip myself on Sat. Except I like to arrive to the big d before the sun is up so I am on the bike as soon as it is light. I went yesterday and at a little after 9 it was 100 degrees even. so the earlier the better. Did you call craig and see if he is in?

cheffy

bringing the car and maybe my wifes quad.

Yep thats the 1 .. it will hold anything you bring and yes it is a heavy MOFO fo sure

Capt

cool, as long as it fits the car ok. That's all that matters. The D Max can handle it. Just let me know when I can pick it up, Dave. Much appreciated. :assblast:

New car? :finger: dang, last one barely broke in. Will have to get some pics of it and work on a green "dogstyle" print or panorama idea:

Yep, you never heard about it? Weren't you there MLK weekend when the blue car got whacked? Now that I think of it...I guess not. :rules:

Anyways, here's the new ride, Lee. Check it out...

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/ssc_buildup.html

I was plannin on an early trip myself on Sat. Except I like to arrive to the big d before the sun is up so I am on the bike as soon as it is light. I went yesterday and at a little after 9 it was 100 degrees even. so the earlier the better. Did you call craig and see if he is in?

cheffy

Yeah I was talking to flyin ryan today about this saturday and he suggested leaving no later than 3:30. I might do that instead. I wanna dune as much as possible before it gets hot. And yes, I spoke with Craig on Saturday about this trip. That's where it all started. He's in from what I was told. :pissed:

Good luck with that car Pete, that thing is bitchin! :pissed:

Thanks Sam. Much appreciated. :pissed: