leave the drinking for AFTER duning

dunefreak

Just another reason why alcohol should come AFTER the toys have been put up for the day.

:( I always hate reading about these accidents that are completely avoidable. Innocent people lose theirs lives while doing what they love and it's bullshit. :freakin_nuts:

With the new season upon us...be carefull out there, people!

Sad...

Identities released in fatal dune buggy crash

by Lori Tobias, The Oregonian

Saturday September 27, 2008, 6:07 PM

Two people died and three were critically injured in a collision late Friday of two sand rails at Sand Lake, about seven miles north of Pacific City.

The accident occurred about 9:30 p.m. in an area known as "the flats" when two sand rails -- dune buggy-type vehicles designed for the dunes -- crashed head on, said Tillamook County Sheriff Todd Anderson.

One vehicle with a single occupant struck the other, which had four people in it, then went over the top of the sand rail.

Dead on impact were the driver of the second vehicle, identified as David Leach, 56, of Hillsboro, and a passenger riding in the back of the second vehicle, identified as Chiara Acker, 19, of Aloha. Two other passengers, one riding in the front, identified as Phillip Snider, 25, of Aloha, and an unidentified female in the back, were seriously injured.

The driver of the first vehicle, identified as David Reiman, 47, of Vancouver, suffered critical injuries, including a spinal fracture.

All three of the injured were taken by Life Flight to Portland hospitals.

"This is a terrible tragedy," Anderson said. "This was in an area where both sand rails should have been visible."

Alcohol was a factor, Anderson said. County commissioners had recently banned alcohol on the sand and closed the area to the vehicles from midnight to 6 a.m. after several other alcohol-related accidents.

Some think I'm a freak for not even having one alchoholic drink during the day or while I'm driving out in the dunes period. It is examples like this as to why I don't drink until my rail is PARKED for the night. I have a feeling that speed was also a factor in this unfortunate deal. Which is another point, don't speed across the flats people!!!

Just my ............... :beercheers:

I may drive a BUD LIGHT logo car. And as mentioned in another post, Some may perceive that as promoting drinking and driving. But I never Consume any alcohol until my car is tucked away for the night. The speeds these cars are capable of nowadays is insane. Alcohol and my already lack of driving skillz is not a good thing at all. :beercheers:

That sucks.....RIP fellow duners.

Nothing to do with drinking as I read it, but did anyone see the article about the three kids from the same family that got hit by a train at Glamis in their Rhino and met their maker. What a truly sad story and a shame. The item is on the Glamis website.

Edited by SANDAWG

Nothing to do with drinking as I read it, but did anyone see the article about the three kids from the same family that got hit by a train at Glamis in their Rhino and met their maker. What a truly sad story and a shame. The item is on the Glamis website and mentioned that they were trying to avoid the rangers for some reason and had this horiffic accident.

Yep, that has been all over GD.com. Absolutley a horrible tragedy for sure. That was some terribly sad news when that happened. :(

I may drive a BUD LIGHT logo car. And as mentioned in another post, Some may perceive that as promoting drinking and driving. But I never Consume any alcohol until my car is tucked away for the night. The speeds these cars are capable of nowadays is insane. Alcohol and my already lack of driving skillz is not a good thing at all. :whoop:

:?: I think you drive just fine! :D